• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Wight Flight

The GREAT BIG General election thread

At the GE I'll probably vote for...  

160 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. At the GE I'll probably vote for...

Probably a good time to start this.

Anybody fancy suggesting who the top scalps will be this time around?

Grieve for sure. Soubry? Bercow?

Will be good to have a clear out if nothing else.

Edited by spunko

Hopefully every single one of them. They stopped representing the needs and desires of the people of this country many years ago and should be held to account for there actions 

I think this is going to be an odd one GE wise. BJ picked up hopefuls..many including me...till we realised the deal is TM Plus amd the strong likelihood his manifesto is based on this. I guess there will be a faint background hope of no deal.

Its going to have to be the left wing media who calls out some of the issues. Express and Mail seem to be towing the Tory line. It leaves few cheer leaders for those who dont follow.

The risk then is it empowers the left if they are doing the footwork. They could pull back on votes.

Bxp seem to be getting little coverage in the media although as noted, likely to be higher in actual votes due to intentional bias in under reporting voting intentions. Again, could be controlled opposition.

The unravelling of this new deal for all to see is key. I dont see at present the right wing media prepared to do it.

I suspect some of the vids of working class northerners saying bring on BJ to save us is a belief his deal is a no deal.

I hate saying that. It sounds like a remainers argument. 

The biggie here is the weather. That could could cause mayhem

Think BXP will pull in a large number of votes, danger of splitting the leave vote.

Labour will get decimated, LidDims possibly close to getting second highest votes ... think there will be a decent turnout (historically) due to all the fuckwittery these scumbag politicians have pulled.

I haven't decided on my vote yet ....

1 minute ago, The Grey Man said:

Express and Mail seem to be towing the Tory line.

Until now mainly Brexit supporting TalkRadio are too.  Listened to Mike Graham's obscurations today when someone tried to point out the deal was May's BRINO.  JHB also gone soft.  Missive from on high?  From the regulator?  Controlled oppo?  Whatever, a big switch off.

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Probably a good time to start this.

Anybody fancy suggesting who the top scalps will be this time around?

Grieve for sure. Soubry? Bercow?

Will be good to have a clear out if nothing else.

Please let it be Cooper.

The damned horror of it all.

I can almost see another round up of the non left wing...I abhor the far left language of citing right wing as default if its not.for them.

This time the miscreants will be those sitting under the BXP flag as all proper non left have to back BJ and the Tories.

Mind as above. Its a fluid situation re voting intention although at the moment BXP will have my vote.

1 minute ago, Tdog said:

It would be funny to see Corbyn win, so all the wealthy cunts out protesting in London lose their BTL's and other forms of unearned income.

And despite wanting to put my kid in pvt school, it would be funny to see him tax them out of existence to piss the middle class remaining cunts off.

Unless we get Brexit im happy to see it all implode, and what better way than a couple of deluded commies running the show.

Nice good points.  I've revised my logic now to be vote BXP unless they have no chance in which case vote Labour.  The Conners option is just BRINO plus shame on me for being stupid, again.

3 minutes ago, Tdog said:

It would be funny to see Corbyn win, so all the wealthy cunts out protesting in London lose their BTL's and other forms of unearned income.

And despite wanting to put my kid in pvt school, it would be funny to see him tax them out of existence to piss the middle class remaining cunts off.

Unless we get Brexit im happy to see it all implode, and what better way than a couple of deluded commies running the show.

Corbyn is the only one with a chance of getting my vote. Because of exactly this. Forget Brexit now BJ has proven he's not interested in no deal so there's nothing to vote con for. Screw em, vote to crash the system. 

A vote for the Tories will be a vote for Boris’s shit, but not quite as shit as May’s deal. A vote for anyone else will effectively be a vote for remain. There maybe a few places in the North where the BXP can win but, otherwise, it’s back to business as usual. Depressing really.

On the bright side, there will be a long list of industrial grade cunts who will either not be running or who will lose their seats. That part should be a little be fun l.

4 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

A vote for the Tories will be a vote for Boris’s shit, but not quite as shit as May’s deal. A vote for anyone else will effectively be a vote for remain. There maybe a few places in the North where the BXP can win but, otherwise, it’s back to business as usual. Depressing really.

On the bright side, there will be a long list of industrial grade cunts who will either not be running or who will lose their seats. That part should be a little be fun l.

A vote for con is vote for mays shit deal. A vote for farage is a vote to split the leave voters and remain. A vote for Corbyn is a vote to crash the system. That's the best now on offer in by book. 

5 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

It's all remain shite, just a different colour of shite.  Voting for shite is still voting for shite.  Shite is shite.

29 minutes ago, Tdog said:

Yep, plus the entertainment of the Abbopotamus pontificating to us all while we go down.

21 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

A vote for con is vote for mays shit deal. A vote for farage is a vote to split the leave voters and remain. A vote for Corbyn is a vote to crash the system. That's the best now on offer in by book. 

Apart from that a vote for any of them is and has been a vote to crash the system - for decades..  At least Farage can't be held responsible for that.