• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Wight Flight

The GREAT BIG General election thread

At the GE I'll probably vote for...  

160 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. At the GE I'll probably vote for...



Recommended Posts

Small anecdotal, my mate said his boomer mother who has done very well out of public sector pay and pension and has one or two rental houses, phoned recently solely to make sure he wasn't going to vote labour. Her contemporaries are mostly public sector / 'professional' / pro-remain / guardian reading types. After the virtue signalling show is over, it comes down to whoever such people believe will ensure continuation of their cushy lifestyle.

On a happier note I have discovered that I was mistaken about which tory candidate is standing in my constituency. It turns out we have a genuine ERG pro brexit jihadi who has almost always voted correctly on brexit issues, so I can vote for him with a fairly clear conscience even if his party and leader are full of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing for the campaign so far but this afternoon the radio news actually mentioned that the Brexit Party had said they were in favour of a complete break real Brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, feed said:

I think voting for randoms if the seat is so safe, it makes no difference, is probably the way to go.
At least it'll encourage them, if nothing else.  

they might keep their deposit !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could solve road traffic from causing congestion and pollution by massively increasing Vehicle Excise Duty to pay for free rail travel.

Eventually only the very rich will have cars.

We will all benefit from cleaner air in towns and cities and the rich will have less congestion.

The Labour Party: Buy Your Side.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

We could solve road traffic from causing congestion and pollution by massively increasing Vehicle Excise Duty to pay for free rail travel.

Eventually only the very rich will have cars.

We will all benefit from cleaner air in towns and cities and the rich will have less congestion.

The Labour Party: Buy Your Side.

 

Indeed.

That is an excellent idea.

The London tube and bus service is fantastic - thank you transport union members - I fail to see why anyone would own a car.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Eventually only the very rich will have cars.

And those private car lanes so loved by other paper socialist states.  But have no fear, if you know the right glorious comrade you might get a job as a chauffeur.

Edited by Harley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't see cars becoming unavailable, think there'll be pay to drive based on your time/journey/no of passengers and also car clubs. mots becoming harder/more expensive to pass. whether driverless cars will ever happen, don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

 mots becoming harder/more expensive to pass. 

That's an idea I could get behind, only people who know how to/can be bothered to maintain their vehicles properly will be able to have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Indeed.

That is an excellent idea.

The London tube and bus service is fantastic - thank you transport union members - I fail to see why anyone would own a car.

 

Eventually even the rich won't pay. 

Tha maths wouldn't work imo.

Bring back Boris bikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Boglet said:

That's an idea I could get behind, only people who know how to/can be bothered to maintain their vehicles properly will be able to have them.

I think you mean "afford to".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Eventually even the rich won't pay. 

Tha maths wouldn't work imo.

Bring back Boris bikes.

There are 9 million bicycles in Beijing London.

That's a fact.

 

 

Edited by Wahoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boglet said:

That's an idea I could get behind, only people who know how to/can be bothered to maintain their vehicles properly will be able to have them.

it's all the driver assist stuff that will require main dealer testing that will put the price up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1932085663_Tm-graphic-party-poll-2(1).thumb.jpg.e1a93ef8b91b7ef7f5fbf7518c7e100f.jpg

The Sun's lego person like caricature of the party leaders quite amusing. Bozza and Jo look about 12 years old, Corbyn about 90. God knows who the smug git bloke is in the Green sector on 3%. ( well I do, thought he'd been replaced)

Kantar just come in with a 12% lead today for Tories, up 1% on their previous poll. The terrorist attack apppears to have slowed JC's Legendary election powers, no poll gain since.

Edited by crashmonitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Eventually even the rich won't pay. 

Tha maths wouldn't work imo.

You are wrong.

Labour economic policies will deliver enormous prosperity for all of us.

Eventually we will all be rich enough to have cars.

At this point we will no longer need public transport.

Labour Party: Transformative Vision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it Bozza says Corbyn's claim of the NHS being up for sale to Trump as " Loch Ness Monster stuff".xD

Corbyn's weaponising of the NHS is a bit  Mother of all Hyperbole and completely cuntish and deserves daft comments in reply. It's the Tories main spending commitment to boot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crashmonitor said:

Love it Bozza says Corbyn's claim of the NHS being up for sale to Trump as " Loch Ness Monster stuff".xD

Corbyn's weaponising of the NHS is a bit  Mother of all Hyperbole and completely cuntish and deserves daft comments in reply. It's the Tories main spending commitment to boot

 

'NHS up for sale' is the replacement for 'Tory Austerity' now that it's become clear to all sane non-loony leftists that no such thing ever existed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

1932085663_Tm-graphic-party-poll-2(1).thumb.jpg.e1a93ef8b91b7ef7f5fbf7518c7e100f.jpg

The Sun's lego person like caricature of the party leaders quite amusing. Bozza and Jo look about 12 years old, Corbyn about 90. God knows who the smug git bloke is in the Green sector on 3%. ( well I do, thought he'd been replaced)

Kantar just come in with a 12% lead today for Tories, up 1% on their previous poll. The terrorist attack apppears to have slowed JC's Legendary election powers, no poll gain since.

I also like the way Boris is wearing a blue suit while Corbyn is wearing a brown sports jacket and flannels like a 1970s polytechnic lecturer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.