• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Wight Flight

The GREAT BIG General election thread

At the GE I'll probably vote for...  

160 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. At the GE I'll probably vote for...

I've spent my entire 35 year voting career voting for the least worst candidate of the big three and now I don't give a fuck but I will vote as to capitulate is to admit defeat.

If a Brexit Party candidate stands he/she/it will have my vote.

From now on I'm a British dissident until I'm forced to be an English one.

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Jeremy Corbyn walks into a Bank to cash a cheque. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning, Ms could you please cash this cheque for me?"

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?"

Corbyn : "Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the Labour Party.

Cashier: "Yes, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

Corbyn: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry, Mr Corbyn, but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Corbyn, "Come on please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."

Cashier: "Look sir, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque."

"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?"

Corbyn stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."

Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes , Mr Corbyn. ?....

Vote corbyn? I'd rather be dead in a ditch. 

DOH!

1 hour ago, JFK said:

Think BXP will pull in a large number of votes, danger of splitting the leave vote.

If cons campaign on Boris WA, then BP are the only leave party,  If Farage can get that message across, who knows what will happen.

Something BP could do, is have a policy of calling a GE within 6 months of leaving, I think many would be OK with having BP for 12 months to see brexit done, but nobody really wants 5 years of BP

7 minutes ago, Boglet said:

Yep, plus the entertainment of the Abbopotamus pontificating to us all while we go down.

Boglet, Sir, I'm not one to criticise other posters for their use of English, grammar, typos, or content.

I must take exception to your choice of words in this instance.

You have painted a scenario in my mind which is truly sickening.

I'm begging you, please save others from experiencing my revulsion by using a different form of  words which do not conjure cunnilingus with #Hackney Abacus.

Thank you. :)

10 minutes ago, snaga said:

If cons campaign on Boris WA, then BP are the only leave party,  If Farage can get that message across, who knows what will happen.

Something BP could do, is have a policy of calling a GE within 6 months of leaving, I think many would be OK with having BP for 12 months to see brexit done, but nobody really wants 5 years of BP

I can't see that they would do a worse job than the LibLabCon - true they might wreck the economy so no change there.

Just now, twocents said:

I can't see that they would do a worse job than the LibLabCon - true they might wreck the economy so no change there.

I just think many more people would lend their vote to BP if it was a short term loan. From what I've heard, and I admit it may be untrue, but some of their other policies make Labour sound good.

9 minutes ago, snaga said:

I just think many more people would lend their vote to BP if it was a short term loan. From what I've heard, and I admit it may be untrue, but some of their other policies make Labour sound good.

Like UKIP the BP might be in favour of direct democracy which I would vote for.  I'll wait for the election but I didn't think that their policies indicated so far were that outlandish - certainly not enough to reject them in favour of the LibLabCon especially as the LLC will renege on any policies they claim before an election. 

Even if the BP is controlled opposition.

Edited by twocents

Just now, twocents said:

Like UKIP the BP might be in favour of direct democracy which I would vote for.  I'll wait for the election but I didn't think that their policies indicated so far were that outlandish - certainly not enough to reject them in favour of the LibLabCon especially as the LLC will renege on any policies they claim before an election. 

BP don't need  to attract our votes, they need to appeal to LibLabCon voters, so that means having policies that wont scare them, or no policies other than to resign when Brexit is done.

4 minutes ago, snaga said:

BP don't need  to attract our votes, they need to appeal to LibLabCon voters, so that means having policies that wont scare them, or no policies other than to resign when Brexit is done.

They need to appeal to LibLabCon etc leave voters and leavers who don't normally vote and apart from that I think that lots of voters will vote for some truly fresh policies that would have been regarded as mainstream not so long ago.  They're utterly sick of the LibLabCon and outside of Scotland the SNP plus a lot of the goings on in Ireland.

Direct democracy has had a lot of success in Switzerland for instance. 

If they say it's for one year only then fair enough - then I might or might not vote for them again if they presented themselves for election again.  I wouldn't expect them to just automatically vanish after one year.

52 minutes ago, snaga said:

Id take 5 years of BP in charge right now.

We are beng told that extending the vote to 16 and 17 year olds isn't possible in the timescale.

I am not so sure. I am currently battling an £80 fine sent to my 17 year old for not being on the electoral roll.

Despite the fact he can't vote. Good way to alienate the young before they have even started.

I'm going to hope for a Brexit Party / Tory coalition.

The Tories for Boris and JRM (I think their personalities bring a lot of energy / charisma / entertainment to what is a very bitter business).  Plus the Guardian reading remainers HATE them.

Then Farage to force them down the clean Brexit route and keep them honest. And also because he's "literally worse than Hitler"..   ;)

3 hours ago, Harley said:

NEVER TRUST A TORY!!!!

TrustNo1

Oh shit that's my password 

55 minutes ago, twocents said:

Even if the BP is controlled opposition.

Of course they are. The elite are despicable, not stupid. 

7 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Of course they are. The elite are despicable, not stupid. 

Quite likely but there's no actual proof yet - apart from them having surprising levels of almost unopposed success.  So far they've done what they've promised to the electorate.

Yet there's plenty of proof of the treachery and crookedness of those already in Parliament.

Edited by twocents

18 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

I'll probably vote libdem...Didnt bother voting last election, but I think the LD's have a good chance of turfing out the tories around here.

And then fuck the nation over like never before 

1 hour ago, snaga said:

1. Brexit

2. Repeal Fixed Parliament Act

3. ????

4. Profit 

5. Call another GE within 6 months.