• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Turned Out Nice Again

Memento Mori

Most of my plans involve being physically able to exit when I choose, and the catch 22 is if I am physically able to end my life, I probably won't want to do so, but will want to wait a bit longer!

When I was much younger I was very afraid of death. Probably because I knew I was killing myself with excessive drinking. These days I just accept that it will come and that it can strike at any moment.

I try to look after myself by eating minimal sugar or any processed food at all. Eat only a variety of natural fats. Cook the majority of my own food based on meat, fish with lots of veg and salad and small amounts of bread, rice and pasta. Walk miles most days and get out to the coast or into the countryside frequently. I do smoke roll ups though and have no intention of stopping unless I get a lung disease and can't breathe.

Regarding people I only spend time with people who I really connect with as much as possible. I chat to lots of people when I'm out and about locally and further afield. If there is anyone in my life who becomes draining I minimise the time I spend with them and if possible drop them. I spend as much time as I can doing things I enjoy. 

I find the AA approach of one day at a time and Buddhist meditation useful for helping to stay in the moment and making the most of each day as much as possible. 

Edited by Economic Exile

23 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Regarding people I only spend time with people who I really connect with as much as possible. I chat to lots of people when I'm out and about locally and further afield. If there is anyone in my life who becomes draining I minimise the time I spend with them and if possible drop them. I spend as much time as I can doing things I enjoy.

I made a friend in the park today. Well, I would have done; nice chap; a bit lonely I suspect, interesting back story for a change - but after literally three minutes of my acquaintance he started going on about Trump being a nutter. WTF?

1 minute ago, eight said:

I made a friend in the park today. Well, I would have done; nice chap; a bit lonely I suspect, interesting back story for a change - but after literally three minutes of my acquaintance he started going on about Trump being a nutter. WTF?

That just means that he listens to the So-Called BBC.  My Dad was regurgitating this stuff until I started quietly pointing out how bad Hillary was and how that wasn't being reported.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

That just means that he listens to the So-Called BBC.  My Dad was regurgitating this stuff until I started quietly pointing out how bad Hillary was and how that wasn't being reported.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first in case that wasn't his sincerely held belief and he was trying to second guess what to say to me to get me onside. But then he started on about US foreign policy under Colin Powell (no, really) so pretty much removed any doubt.

27 minutes ago, eight said:

xD Yes I hear all sorts of rants, trivia and gossip when I'm out and about. Like swissy says above....all you can do is smile.

The more people you talk to though the more chance there is of having interesting conversations or perhaps making a friend.