• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

MrPin

World's worst lawnwower

6 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

I bought an electric strimmer from Screwfix the other day for the grand total of £5. I'm expecting it to last 5 minutes.

What sort of garden do you have? A window box?

Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

I've got a Hayter Pro mower for work which is an absolutely superb piece of kit. Almost indestructible.

I've paid quite a bit less for a decent car so I'd expect it to be good!

Now that sounds Pinworthy!

Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

Get yourself a honda izy mower.

Relatively cheap and very good mowers.

Can you get an R-Type one?

Lidl are selling a neat looking petrol lawn mower this week for £149 tomorrow (wed) is the last day of the garden promotion if anyone wants to get one you will need to go tonight or tomorrow.

They also have a long reach petrol hedge trimmer / strimmer / chainsaw pruner combo for £129

Is it a Flymo. They're not bad but not brilliant either. 

I've got a Husqvarna which I understand used to be a reliable brand but nowadays are one of those multinational brands using the parts bin of other random brands... like funnily enough Briggs and Stratton. All the same company now apparently. 

I call it Electroluxisation. 

1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

I've got a Husqvarna which I understand used to be a reliable brand but nowadays are one of those multinational brands using the parts bin of other random brands... like funnily enough Briggs and Stratton. All the same company now apparently. 

Husqvarna used to be Swedish. They made motorbikes, and sewing machines, amongst other stuff.

28 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I didn't have much lawn, so I thought I would get away with a flimsy cheap one. It is crap. I wish I had bought a proper one. Discuss.

You need to get a cylinder Lawn Mower Mr P...Cuts it much tighter than a rotary....

Look at this beast...

http://www.justlawnmowers.co.uk/allett-classic-17l-lawn-mower.html

Edited by Dave Beans

3 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I've got a proper old-school flymo.  It is absolutely fantastic.  Two stroke engine as well -- amazingly powerful but sounds like a moped.

(the engine is made by Suzuki, so probably is from a moped)

Edited by dgul

I have an extremely reliable Brill Luxus widely regarded as the Rolls-Royce of its type.

Not cheap but it is called the Razorcut for a reason and is Amazons top rated mower.

No cords, no petrol, no storage problems, no hassle as long as leave the cuttings on the lawn.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Mowers-Outdoor-Power-Tools/Brill-RazorCut-Premium-Cylinder-Mower/B000N97DNA

61PE0pm60hL._SY550_.jpg