• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

Bow Ties

Recommended Posts

Pre tied are for scoundrels.

At my wedding, it was compulsory tie your own. Most couldn't. However one young lady had mastered the knack but could only do it on her thigh and then transfer it to the gentleman needing it.

There was quite a long queue as she sat on the staircase assisting all those in need.

The absolute lowest are those with ready made that sneakily remove them and drape a traditional one round their neck (untied) later in the evening. Pure chav.

Yes. I am a bow tie pedant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a very strange reason for asking, which will not be revealed yet.

But still, who else has some?

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Pre tied are for scoundrels.

At my wedding, it was compulsory tie your own. Most couldn't. However one young lady had mastered the knack but could only do it on her thigh and then transfer it to the gentleman needing it.

There was quite a long queue as she sat on the staircase assisting all those in need.

The absolute lowest are those with ready made that sneakily remove them and drape a traditional one round their neck (untied) later in the evening. Pure chav.

Yes. I am a bow tie pedant.

Aren't you a pedant at everything?

Still, such people do not deserve to be British.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I have a very strange reason for asking, which will not be revealed yet.

But still, who else has some?

Aren't you a pedant at everything?

Still, such people do not deserve to be British.

Only the very important things like union flags and bow ties.

Oh, and Cornish pasties and cricket. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dgul said:

I used to wear them a lot, but I work from home these days and so normally don't bother.

True. It is very hard to get one to match with the smoking jacket. A cravat is probably preferable in these circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

I used to wear one a lot at university. I can still tie one now. Blindfolded. Not that I'm into that sort of thing.

Sometimes with a bow tie, it's best not to wear anything else with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Disappointed. I came on here thinking it was a thread about cockerney geezers 

That's the Bow balls. It's why they have a strange gait at the fishmarket.o.O

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Are you thinking of becoming a dreamboy?

Anyone having dreams about me ought to "lay off the sauce" a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got one my mum made for me out of jazzy christmas material a couple of years ago. Took me ages to remember how to tie it as I'd not worn one since I used to wear a DJ while playing viola at school concerts. Not sure what happened to the nice satin black one I had then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black tie events - hell yes. Otherwise no. I don't think I've put a conventional tie on for about 10 years now, and that was to a funeral.

Man bun sporting beardy hipster types wear wooden bow ties around here. Twats the lot of them. And don't get me started on too short skinny jeans and shoes without socks. Fuckers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Black tie events - hell yes. Otherwise no. I don't think I've put a conventional tie on for about 10 years now, and that was to a funeral.

Man bun sporting beardy hipster types wear wooden bow ties around here. Twats the lot of them. And don't get me started on too short skinny jeans and shoes without socks. Fuckers.

 

Now you've hit a nerve. Unless a formal occasion, I haven't worn socks for at least 6 years. They just don't go with deck shoes. I am barefoot at least 90% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never worn one  ... would be intrigued to and to learn how to tie.

On ties, I've not worn one for years.  my jobs have never required one thank fuck so it's funerals, interviews etc. I do like a Windsor knot though

5 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Only the very important things like union flags and bow ties.

Oh, and Cornish pasties and cricket. 

 

 

Now you're talking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one for wearing to formal, "black tie" events.

I am definitely prejudiced against people who wear them in any other context. In fact, it grates on me to be around people who wear them in a non formal setting. The bow tie was even a contributing factor to me giving up on Doctor Who when Matt Smith took over. Not a fan of bow ties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.