• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Battenberg

Parking Like A Twat

The parking (and driving) around me is absolutely abysmal, so much so that I am seriously considering having some little leaflets in the van to put under some people's windscreen wipers that say:

"YOU HAVE PARKED LIKE A TOTAL CUNT"

Harsh? Maybe, but some examples I've seen are so bad, that they can only have been carried out by someone who clearly gives zero fucks about their fellow citizens, therefore politeness or tact would be a waste of time. They need telling straight.

Either that, or they are so fundamentally brain-damaged that they shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel. 

36 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

There's a similar Facebook page, to the one named in this article, in my area. People upload all sorts of shameful parking.

This guy is an arse, IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4663226/Driver-defends-taking-FOUR-spaces.html

Do you park like a twat?

There is one on my bookfarce, parking like a twat in Whitby. Loads of pictures uploaded. 

1 hour ago, Battenberg said:

There's a similar Facebook page, to the one named in this article, in my area. People upload all sorts of shameful parking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4663226/Driver-defends-taking-FOUR-spaces.html

Do you park like a twat?

Try any where within half a mile of a popular school at 8.45 in the morning and you will be treated to some spectacular parking, including parking on roundabouts! If the councils wanted to do something about it, they could shoot fish in a barrel. They ignore it because they don't want to be asked to solve this problem.

I was in town today, being tight :) I park a little walk from the centre, as do others, limited on street parking, yet cars parked needing a half a car space to be able to manoeuvre, no awareness of others, and no confidence in driving ability it seems. So much space wasted. If I was a brave man I'd be putting those shaming notes on the wipers.

22 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Try any where within half a mile of a popular school at 8.45 in the morning and you will be treated to some spectacular parking, including parking on roundabouts! If the councils wanted to do something about it, they could shoot fish in a barrel. They ignore it because they don't want to be asked to solve this problem.

Yup.

School run parking near here looks like the aftermath of a tornado going through a car dealership.

I avoid any roads near schools during these times like the plague.

Cars have been globalised to suit the American market, go back 20 years and imagine an Audi Q7 roaming the streets it would be viewed as outrageous.

Now these things are as big as fucking Transit vans and yet are viewed along with their oversized ilk as suitable for transporting your little brats to the school gates.

Half the problem with parking is the size of todays frigging cars.

I park in disabled bays and family bays in private car parks, they are non enforcable and it is just courtesy to not park there.

I can't stand entitled folk. 

If i get any disgruntled looks as i saunter off i go and sit on a bench and roll a smoke to make sure there is no revenge scratching happening. 

Nothing like seeing a Type R in a disabled bay lol

Edited by WorkingPoor

21 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Cars have been globalised to suit the American market, go back 20 years and imagine an Audi Q7 roaming the streets it would be viewed as outrageous.

Now these things are as big as fucking Transit vans and yet are viewed along with their oversized ilk as suitable for transporting your little brats to the school gates.

Yep. That's why I love my fiat 500. Can park it anywhere. I have no idea why it has reversing sensors though. I can just put my arm out of the window and feel the wall behind me!

2 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I park in disabled bays and family bays in private car parks, they are non enforcable and it is just courtesy to not park there.

Socking it to the man.

I know I shouldn't encourage you!

2 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Excellent trolling. Popcorn at the ready.

24 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Agreed. Its usually wankers in range rovers that consider their car to big to bother parking outside schoo!, so they double park and block the rqod, or even worse park on the school no parking zone. Perhaps this y should consider a smaller car?

BTW good idea for a thread!

6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Do you drive a range rover?

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am also very tall. People seem to head towards tall people when out walking almost as if attracted by magnets.

So not just me then?! (Also apologies for digressing).

People have a;ways parked like twats, it just more noticeable now the average car appears to tbe a 4x4.

There's a wonderful website called 'you park like a cunt ' ... put a few pic up there myself. the levels of twattery are breathtaking

... oh and you can buy big yellow "YPLAC" flyers on ebay  ....

8 hours ago, Battenberg said:

Do you park like a twat?

Hmm.

That ties up with what Ive been seeing. Its less that there are more bad drivers in the UK. Its more like ther are more gotiegn drivers where passing the test in countries where it can be done by your Dad + 100E bribe

7 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

If i get any disgruntled looks as i saunter off i go and sit on a bench and roll a smoke to make sure there is no revenge scratching happening. 

Nothing like seeing a Type R in a disabled bay lol

Are you Liz Jones?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2305113/Liz-Jones-Disabled-parking-bays-perfect--Land-Rover.html

This is from her pre bankruptcy "I have considerably more money than yow" days rather than her post bankruptcy "woe is me" present.

I don't think I ever have, generally I park where the car park is quiet so I get an empty space on both sides. I also like the longer walk.

I confess to doing the clustered parking thing in unfamiliar car parks where I'll be leaving the car for the day. I don't want it standing out as unusual in case that attracts unwelcome attention. Though this means near rather than right next to.

People without kids who park in family bays in supermarkets are utter knobs of humanity IMO.

Getting a load of kids in an out of a car in a tight space is virtually impossible not to mention having to police them as they whang a door into the car parked four inches away. The larger spaces are a small help devised by someone who probably never thought there were people so lacking in civic courtesy that they wouldn't walk an extra few yards to help someone out, "cos I is fuckin' parking here innit"

As mentioned, it is usually some fat twat in their pimped up skip on wheels or wanky racer. Just another in the long queue of selfish arseholes that seem to infest this country these days.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

People without kids who park in family bays in supermarkets are utter knobs of humanity IMO.

Getting a load of kids in an out of a car in a tight space is virtually impossible not to mention having to police them as they whang a door into the car parked four inches away. The larger spaces are a small help devised by someone who probably never thought there were people that lacking in civic courtesy who wouldn't walk an extra few yards, 'cos I is fuckin' parking here innit'

As mentioned, it is usually some fat twat in their pimped up skip on wheels or wanky racer. Just another in the long queue of selfish arseholes that seem to be infest this country these days.

And that is the problem. I think it worth starting a thread on that.  I'll see if I can copy your post across 

<shuffles off to start a new thread>

I park in the family bays but only after 9pm - that way all kids should be in bed and it lessens the chance of some twat banging their door into my car

I also keep a stash of these printed out in my glovebox so i can affix them to cars when needed ;-)

Turtle_Parking.pdf

Just now, Southmartin said:

I park in the family bays but only after 9pm - that way all kids should be in bed and it lessens the chance of some twat banging their door into my car

I also keep a stash of these printed out in my glovebox so i can affix them to cars when needed ;-)

Turtle_Parking.pdf

Preview:

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 09.13.19.png

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Getting a load of kids in an out of a car in a tight space is virtually impossible not to mention having to police them as they whang a door into the car parked four inches away. The larger spaces are a small help devised by someone who probably never thought there were people so lacking in civic courtesy that they wouldn't walk an extra few yards to help someone out, "cos I is fuckin' parking here innit"

As mentioned, it is usually some fat twat in their pimped up skip on wheels or wanky racer. Just another in the long queue of selfish arseholes that seem to infest this country these days.

Whilst I broadly agree, I will be taking my folks shopping at the local Morrisons tomorrow - they have put in so many child spaces (which I can say with certainty will be empty, by the way) that the nearest spaces for normals are some considerable distance from the shop. My parents are 79 and 76, although not disabled. Is this "fair"? 

1 minute ago, eight said:

Whilst I broadly agree, I will be taking my folks shopping at the local Morrisons tomorrow - they have put in so many child spaces (which I can say with certainty will be empty, by the way) that the nearest spaces for normals are some considerable distance from the shop. My parents are 79 and 76, although not disabled. Is this "fair"?

You could argue that you are a parent and child combo and have every right to park there.

I was disgruntled enough many years ago in Woking when they had 'Mother and Child' spaces that I actually wrote and complained to them for the only time ever. Amazingly they did change to 'Parent and child' subsequently.

11 minutes ago, eight said:

Yes, I'd say so. I certainly wouldn't begrudge it as I would someone in their twenties or 'unhindered' who obviously doesn't give a shit.

It's just manners and common decency really, there are no set definitions but if you are a half-decent member of society, then you know when to apply them.

Edited by Sgt Hartman