• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

You are not working hard enough, get to work you lot

4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Why would anyone work hard - once you go past £43-odd K the government will take 40% of it - and what sort of life does that £43K actually buy in most of the UK anyway?

People aren't working hard because there's no reward for doing so.

Add NI onto that too.

7 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Why would anyone work hard - once you go past £43-odd K the government will take 40% of it - and what sort of life does that £43K actually buy in most of the UK anyway?

People aren't working hard because there's no reward for doing so.

Forget £43k. I think you need to break £90k before it makes sense. In the SE anyway.

I think I heard yesterday that Runnymede council had said that you needed to earn £100k to live there.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

When people are being asked to drop something in the region of quarter of a million for a half decent roof over their heads; all while working their cocks off for 20k or less per annum, it's not surprising that a lot of people just can't be arsed.

I've seen more people than I can count living off the state and doing just as well (if not better) than some poor bastard who grafts his arse of for 40+ hours a week.

That's going to give you a huge case of the 'fuckems' seeing that every day.

👍bugger out of reps. 

Quarter of a million you say?  You are clearly not talking about the south. You would be pushed at half a million 

9 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Anecdotal Alert 

moved from Ireland in late 2010. Worked in London, lived in North Essex. For a salary of £100k I could afford fuck all. I rented, my team in London rented, we all commuted. Everyone was tired and had naff all savings. Then they looked at me, the site role model. I commuted farther from somewhere nicer. Where's the incentive to progress there?

I moved to Shropshire 12 months ago, less money, 20 minute commute. I am 'less productive' according to the metric but I am working better than the last 6 years....

So we work for the man, then make a decision that life should be better. Make a change, earn less but are happier, less stressed. This obviously not reflected in the statistics.

Why I think taking a step back and taking a hit in GDP wouldn't be a disaster for the country, might upset the 1%ers (certain posters excepted 9_9) but will make for a better life for most citizens. Less people, less traffic, shorter commutes, more leisure time... What cripples us is the high cost of living and the price of a roof over your head. Beyond stupid that we have allowed this to happen (well it was done to us - thank you Gordon Brown you utter moron!).

There was some politician/businessman on a Sunday evening radio show a few years back on some subject talking about the workers (probably about how they didn't want to do the jobs etc etc) and he called them swine.  

You would really want to work your socks off for them wouldn't you.

1 minute ago, Alonso Quijano said:

So we work for the man, then make a decision that life should be better. Make a change, earn less but are happier, less stressed. This obviously not reflected in the statistics.

Why I think taking a step back and taking a hit in GDP wouldn't be a disaster for the country, might upset the 1%ers (certain posters excepted ) but will make for a better life for most citizens. Less people, less traffic, shorter commutes, more leisure time... What cripples us is the high cost of living and the price of a roof over your head. Beyond stupid that we have allowed this to happen (well it was done to us - thank you Gordon Brown you utter moron!).

👍 out of reps. 

The only point I would disagree with is the brown bit. This has been brewing for 30 years under successive governments and prime ministers 

45 minutes ago, One percent said:

As per title, 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40506570

Today's productivity figures are bad to the point of shocking.

A fall of 0.5% in the first three months of the year takes the UK economy's ability to create wealth back below the level of 2007.

i wonder why?  :wanker:

dicuss :)

Because the country is run by self serving morons?  In the past they used to call them donkeys.

Edited by twocents

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

👍 out of reps. 

The only point I would disagree with is the brown bit. This has been brewing for 30 years under successive governments and prime ministers 

We had crashes (adjustments) in the 90s under Major who didn't interfere. Brown lit the fuse and ignored/encouraged the HPI and the Liar Loans (God bless EP) ,etc.... of course Gidiot had to reheat the souffle. Sadly the UK economy became house price inflation... debt and fantasy, which might explain the struggle with productivity.

Edited by Alonso Quijano

40 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Why bother working your ass off just to give everything over to the islamic horde. I won't be fucking bothering!

THIS.

If I was in the UK I would not be working as hard as I do overseas, where i get to keep more and have a chance of handing it onto my loved ones when I die.

A temporary setback - there'll be plenty of jam tomorrow - Osborne promised before the 2015 general election that soon Britain will be the richest country in the world.

And if you believe what he said then you'll believe anything.

57 minutes ago, One percent said:

As per title, 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40506570

Today's productivity figures are bad to the point of shocking.

A fall of 0.5% in the first three months of the year takes the UK economy's ability to create wealth back below the level of 2007.

i wonder why?  :wanker:

dicuss :)

I beg to differ. I work so hard at this site my tapping callus is interfering with my wanking calluses and delaying my pleasure. These are the sacrifices I make to keep Britain great!