DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Hallmark ?

ninjaborrower

ninjaborrower

I got this spoon with a load of others, the rest are english ,, this one is continental i think, maybe early 20th century, scandinavian?

Is there anyone who can identify the origion and age? It has a 800 silver grade and a mark with AM above a clover?

20191116_132654.jpg

20191116_131147~2.jpg

11 hours ago, ninjaborrower said:

I got this spoon with a load of others, the rest are english ,, this one is continental i think, maybe early 20th century, scandinavian?

Is there anyone who can identify the origion and age? It has a 800 silver grade and a mark with AM above a clover?

20191116_132654.jpg

20191116_131147~2.jpg

What are the hallmark letters, bit hard to read

• 4 weeks later...
Happy Renting

Sterling silver is 925 parts silver and 75 parts alloy. That is why sterling silver is often market "925," particularly if you buy it abroad.

Silver items made in Italy or Germany are marked "800" which means they are 800 parts silver and 200 parts alloy.

On 14/12/2019 at 16:49, Happy Renting said:

Sterling silver is 925 parts silver and 75 parts alloy. That is why sterling silver is often market "925," particularly if you buy it abroad.

Silver items made in Italy or Germany are marked "800" which means they are 800 parts silver and 200 parts alloy.

I expect they needed the rest of the metal for tanks.

• 2 weeks later...
ninjaborrower
On 14/12/2019 at 16:49, Happy Renting said:

I know,also scandanivian silver is 80% ,i was hoping someone could indentify the makers mark to narrow it down,,it maybe french silver going  by the makers mark , but the style looks swedish to me 

Archived