• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Emotionally truthful

Recommended Posts

Quote

He said the evidence Mr Blair gave the inquiry was "emotionally truthful" but he relied on beliefs rather than facts.

FFS. Like that's some sort of mitigation? The man was the fucking prime minister, for fuck's sake. His job was to make decisions on our behalf, based on facts. But it's OK apparently because when the facts didn't fit his beliefs, he just ignored them and did what his beliefs told him to do?

Try doing that yourselves, and see how the judge feels about it when you use the same excuse,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I couldn't quite believe when I read this.

They've invented a new phrase for the concept of 'lies'.

I wonder, in an increasingly 'feelz' based world, will this concept stretch to things like false rape allegations. No prosecution of the person who made the false allegation because, even though it was 'factually' false, it was 'emotionally' truthful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah I couldn't quite believe when I read this.

They've invented a new phrase for the concept of 'lies'.

I wonder, in an increasingly 'feelz' based world, will this concept stretch to things like false rape allegations. No prosecution of the person who made the false allegation because, even though it was 'factually' false, it was 'emotionally' truthful.

Shit is getting more Orwellian by the day its all getting mental

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

Shit is getting more Orwellian by the day its all getting mental

Exactly. They've invented a concept that doesn't exist - there's no longer True and False. There's True, False, and I Felt It Was True.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

Just when I think Tony couldn't possibly be an even bigger toilet than he is, he revolts me yet again.

How he hasn't lost his liberty yet is beyond me.

Remember Ernest Saunders who recovered from Alzheimers after being released from jail?(or something like that, the only ever such recovery in medical history).

It's never been anything but one rule for them and one for us.

And Tony will know where a HELL of a lot of bodies are buried, some probably by him - he might die suddenly, but he'll never be jailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those comments from the Judge about Blair's testimony whilst not being factually correct, being an emotional version of the truth, is damning of Judge and hearing itself; the establishment doing what it does. One day Blair will have to be sacrificed because he could bring them all down.

Such versions of the truth are harder to contain these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Remember Ernest Saunders who recovered from Alzheimers after being released from jail?(or something like that, the only ever such recovery in medical history).

It's never been anything but one rule for them and one for us.

And Tony will know where a HELL of a lot of bodies are buried, some probably by him - he might die suddenly, but he'll never be jailed.

I'd settle for that to be honest. 

Bad, bad man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Those comments from the Judge about Blair's testimony whilst not being factually correct, being an emotional version of the truth, is damning of Judge and hearing itself; the establishment doing what it does. One day Blair will have to be sacrificed because he could bring them all down.

Such versions of the truth are harder to contain these days.

There's still a small part of me that has some faith, and that part is wondering if Chilcot used such a ridiculous turn of phrase deliberately - given that so many people despise Blair with every cell in their bodies, I can hardly imagine that his choice of words will be allowed to slip past unnoticed.

That said, I'll almost certainly be proven wrong on all counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.