DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

So, push fraud does seem to be geeting out of control.

spygirl

There is a massive open hole here for a smart law firm re the non checking of payees against destination accounts, by both the receiving bank and the sending bank (to a lesser extent).

I'm surprised no US law firm hasn't already launched a class action.

If im paying a new person or firm do one of two things. 

if it is a person or small company, I transfer a pound than then ask them to confirm receipt before sending the remainder. 

if a large organisation, that has written to me with bank details, i will get their number independent of correspondence, such as from the internet. Phone them direct and double check the details i have been given. 

doesn't take a lot of time

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

If im paying a new person or firm do one of two things. 

if it is a person or small company, I transfer a pound than then ask them to confirm receipt before sending the remainder. 

if a large organisation, that has written to me with bank details, i will get their number independent of correspondence, such as from the internet. Phone them direct and double check the details i have been given. 

doesn't take a lot of time

And thats how you do it.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2019/11/15/1573815563000/The-real-story-behind-push-payments-fraud/

Lots of bent clerks in solicitor EA and accounts dept.

33 minutes ago, Tdog said:

There will be a class action if they dont pay retrospectively on the basis of gross negligence.

You can still get stung, fraudsters are a bit more sophisticated than this.

Maybe but its a least a basic check. 

i dont know anybody whos been push frauded, just how rife is it, or do i not know many gullible stupid people who fall for anything/everything?

12 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

i dont know anybody whos been push frauded, just how rife is it, or do i not know many gullible stupid people who fall for anything/everything?

It seems to cluster around certain actiivty - buying houses, paying rent, sending money to solicitors.

Company bill payment.

On 19/11/2019 at 07:20, One percent said:

transfer a pound than then ask them to confirm receipt before sending the remainder. 

I did this, once the small amount was confirmed I sent double-digit thousands. My bank immediately phoned me to ask if it was a real transaction. I think given the amount they might have confirmed with me anyway but they told me that sending a small amount first was a common indicator of fraud so it was immediately flagged. 

22 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I did this, once the small amount was confirmed I sent double-digit thousands. My bank immediately phoned me to ask if it was a real transaction. I think given the amount they might have confirmed with me anyway but they told me that sending a small amount first was a common indicator of fraud so it was immediately flagged. 

Ah. xD

should have sent the double digit thousands first then followed it with the pound once the first was confirmed.

38 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

should have sent the double digit thousands first then followed it with the pound once the first was confirmed.

What if I'd lost my pound you idiot :Old:

Archived