• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Long John Silver

Help required- propane regulator

Just got a new patio heater from Germany and the regulator is unlike any ive seen on a bbq or patio heater. As many of you are more handy than this desk jockey do you know whether the hest option is to switch regulators (loatge to do this in case i get the wrong type for the pressure) or are adaptors ok /available . Cheers in advance

IMG_7188.JPG

IMG_7189.JPG

IMG_7192.PNG

Although i spent 25yrs as a welder fabricator around propane tanks i don't actually know the answer, but i will say that lots of these patio heaters have blown up with tragic consequences so i wouldn't mess with it.

Edited by WorkingPoor

Regulator could be specific and required by the heater, so adapter might be the best route, though no expert at all in this area.

Out of stock but fist link found that seemed to match. Local camping shop may have one or know where one can be sourced locally.

https://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/product/gaslow-uk-german-propane-gas-converter/6453

13 minutes ago, Long John Silver said:

Yeah im loathe to change anything because of the pressure issues and whether its been finely fixed in. Have seen adaptors so might go down that route

Propane connectors generally have a left handed thread, someting to bear in mind when fitting. 

(i.e it will do up and undo in the opposite direction to a normal nut, some have specfic flow direction as well usually denoted by a small arrow on the brass connector)

PTFE tape and a can of leak detector spray as well i reckon.

Edited by WorkingPoor