• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One percent

We may have a celebrity in our midst

Recommended Posts

To further strengthen my case,   Murray is Scottish and so is Carl.  Murray is currently playing and no sign of Carl.  He also appears to have a lot of free time when the tennis isn't on and purports to be self employed. 

I rest my case. xD

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Peppa pig?

Bloody heathen, Hey Duggee is where it's at.

"Isn't it time for...?"

*Cue hugely addictive twangy tune..*

What the hell are you on about?  I think you spend too much time in front of the telly with the kids. xD

at least I hope that this is what it's about. o.O  xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Peppa pig?

Bloody heathen, Hey Duggee is where it's at.

"Isn't it time for...?"

*Cue hugely addictive twangy tune..*

I've got my boy watching this

He's become a bit obsessed to be honest, but on the plus side he does now call me Iceman, which is better than any other nickname I've ever had xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I've got my boy watching this

He's become a bit obsessed to be honest, but on the plus side he does now call me Iceman, which is better than any other nickname I've ever had xD

See there is something in that.

My boy, for about two years was obsessed with that. Not the new fangled Spiderman or anything but those old school ones. He'd watch them back to back and then a few more times for good measure.

That and Scooby Doo. I'm convinced they've tapped into the inner psyche of small children somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Carl was Andy Murray surely he could have bought Dosbods islands? Then again maybe AM is pissed off with many of the vacuous twats he's been forced to mix with and searching for some down to earth beings? xD

Regarding kids TV. I vividly recall around 1999 walking down a lane in a village pushing a push chair and a toddler on my back in one of those contraptions designed for the job when I noticed I was singing aloud......postman pat postman pat postman pat and his black and white cat etc. I stopped and thought WTF is happening to me. Soon after that I limited their TV/video time and mine. 

Regarding thomas the tank engine videos with 12? episodes. I recall feeling like smashing the TV with the intro and ending music. One or two episodes would have been ok though.

Barney the dinosaur took me to a new level of rage. Those videos got burnt on a garden fire. That was the most annoying tripe I was forced to encounter.

Thankfully I know nothing about peppy the pig. I did love tom and jerry, topcat, scooby doo and similar when I was I kid though. Apparently T&J is too violent these days for kids. FFS. Quality cartoon IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I pretty much can recite all the episodes of "Bob The Builder", or "Byggmeister Bob" in Norway.

I haven't watched bob the builder but I get the jist. Bob the builder can he fix it, yes he can! I like that ethos, fix and mend. I'm sure you can fix and mend many items Mr Pin. That gets a big 👍🏻from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

The Night Garden.

The Pontipines and the Wottingers are some sort of fifth column, I think. One day it will turn nasty.

Aren't the red hats and the blue hats always fighting over territory?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

The Night Garden.

The Pontipines and the Wottingers are some sort of fifth column, I think. One day it will turn nasty.

Bloody chavs in their council houses with their ten kids, sitting about all day doing fuck all.

And whats with the farting blimp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Peppa pig?

Bloody heathen, Hey Duggee is where it's at.

"Isn't it time for...?"

*Cue hugely addictive twangy tune..*

Hey Duggee had a 'Heart of Darkness' episode a couple of weeks ago - my daughter was bemused at my Brando impersonation!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cbeebies/episode/b08vy8sn/hey-duggee-series-2-19-the-river-badge

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Hey Duggee had a 'Heart of Darkness' episode a couple of weeks ago - my daughter was bemused at my Brando impersonation!

 

I saw that one!

Made me smile, there's often little bits for the parents tucked in there.

I love Hey Duggee. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Peppa pig?

Bloody heathen, Hey Duggee is where it's at.

"Isn't it time for...?"

*Cue hugely addictive twangy tune..*

Have you watched the Shadow episode - where the outline of Duggee looks like a cartoon knob?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Have you watched the Shadow episode - where the outline of Duggee looks like a cartoon knob?

I missed that one!

I'll have to search it out, I hate to admit it but if it's on and my kids have left the room...

I'll keep watching it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going back a while here because my kids are over 20 years old now.

The best kids film character IMO and film I can recall is Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger, and Toy Story 1. Fab!

 

 

IMG_0077.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I'm going back a while here because my kids are over 20 years old now.

The best kids film character IMO and film I can recall is Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger, and Toy Story 1. Fab!

 

 

IMG_0077.JPG

+1

Though I do have a soft spot for Tiny Planets, especially the cheesy theme tune.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrPin said:

Aren't the red hats and the blue hats always fighting over territory?

From their hats, they are from some obscure East European nation, and belong to some weird Orthodox religion. Who knows.

Now, Macca Pacca is much more straightforward. A great guy. Or girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

From their hats, they are from some obscure East European nation, and belong to some weird Orthodox religion. Who knows.

Now, Macca Pacca is much more straightforward. A great guy. Or girl.

The Tombliboos are refreshingly gender neutral also.

Upsy Daisy is a whore with a self driving bed.

Igle Piggle is a narcoleptic old sailor, so meets with the Admiral's approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.