• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
crashmonitor

Bald and Bankrupt in Russia..Dosbodder Travel Show

Recommended Posts

An alternative to the Ministry of Information's Travel Show here. Not an SJW black guy with no legs jetting off around the world and staying in five star hotels  in Abu Dhabi, between attending Climate Change protests.

Nope, a white, bald, bankrupt guy that travels into deepest, off piste, Russia. He stays in budget Motels and visits remote villages on buses risking wolves, bandits and the remnants of the Secret Police. No camera crew, just a selfie stick only. Each of his numerous Russian adventures get about a million hits and he has over a million subscribers.

Love to do this, but I'd guess pretty dangerous without speaking fluent Russian, which he can. So he's doing the leg work for us...

 

His name on youtube is bald and bankrupt to find his other films.

Edited by crashmonitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched a fair few. Hes a great guy. Always seems to be in the arse end of no where surrounded by pissed old folk. To be fair he often dips into his own pocket for drink. The oldies lament and understand the death of their villages as anyone younf ofskis to the city for work.

Ingerestingly..unlike East Asia/ SE Asia..no one wants to return with their wad of cash.

Good recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We must all be on the same list of deplorables. I've had a few come up as recommendations and watched some of them. Interesting but not something I could binge watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed that. Though althiugh he's clearly going for the uber-grim vibe, that village didn't look any worse than some parts of Glasgow or Dundee. 

Edited by Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange, I was looking for an update on the "bald nonce" and "bald and bankrupt" came up in the search results, which piqued my interest. I really like these videos - does anyone know how he speaks Russian so fluently, did he learn it? Always been a goal of mine to learn it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His Russian is really not all that! But it's good enough obviously. He also speaks mangled Spanish ; check out his fairly hilarious trips round Bolivia. 

I don't know the back story,. Obviously he's bald but if bankrupt still must be fairly well off to do that amount of travelling.

I really want the kind of camera mount he has with remote pan but I can only find cheap selfie sticks which basically just hold your camera away from you a bit more than arm's length. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spunko said:

Strange, I was looking for an update on the "bald nonce" and "bald and bankrupt" came up in the search results, which piqued my interest. I really like these videos - does anyone know how he speaks Russian so fluently, did he learn it? Always been a goal of mine to learn it.

He was once married to a BelaRussian, which helps. 

 

https://bald-and-bankrupt.fandom.com/wiki/Bald_and_Bankrupt_Wiki

Edited by crashmonitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this, I like the occasional trip to EE - I've done Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovenia and Lithuania and on my list is Estonia, Latvia, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Albania, Georgia, Moldova and Transdinistra then I'd like to do some of the 'Stans' as well. Trouble is I only like going in spring/summer as they're so bloody cold the rest of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blad and Bankrupt is amazing. Been watching while when he was going Belarus with the very nice young lady but really enjoyed his general way of meeting people and sharing his vodka with them.

4 hours ago, spunko said:

Strange, I was looking for an update on the "bald nonce" and "bald and bankrupt" came up in the search results, which piqued my interest. I really like these videos - does anyone know how he speaks Russian so fluently, did he learn it? Always been a goal of mine to learn it.

He picks up language really fast, speaks Hindi too. There are some fun vids of him touring the sub continent and some of his backstory too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Oskar said:

Blad and Bankrupt is amazing. Been watching while when he was going Belarus with the very nice young lady but really enjoyed his general way of meeting people and sharing his vodka with them.

He picks up language really fast, speaks Hindi too. There are some fun vids of him touring the sub continent and some of his backstory too.

I pick up languages and dialects pretty quickly, but he can read Cyrillic, this is unusual for someone who has picked up a language by ear (I can read German, but often I haven't got a clue what Germans are saying). Plus his English accent isn't consistent, and he sounds a bit foreign in a few videos. Not knocking him just wonder what the real backstory is - I reckon he must have lived in a country for a while that speaks Russian. According to Reddit he lived in Mumbai for 2 years.

 

Edit: The internet always finds out the truth :D I suspected as much... His accent is pretty good.

qoaby00cbsl31.jpg

Edited by spunko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spunko said:

I pick up languages and dialects pretty quickly, but he can read Cyrillic, this is unusual for someone who has picked up a language by ear (I can read German, but often I haven't got a clue what Germans are saying). Plus his English accent isn't consistent, and he sounds a bit foreign in a few videos. Not knocking him just wonder what the real backstory is - I reckon he must have lived in a country for a while that speaks Russian. According to Reddit he lived in Mumbai for 2 years.

 

Edit: The internet always finds out the truth :D I suspected as much... His accent is pretty good.

qoaby00cbsl31.jpg

He sounds exactly like Mrs Chewys cousin and if you shut your eyes its unreal how close his accent or lack of it is.

Said cousin was raised in Manchester and boarded in some private school followed by working in TV down London before starting his own biz and pissing off to the USA.

So it ties in with roughly what is above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

He sounds exactly like Mrs Chewys cousin and if you shut your eyes its unreal how close his accent or lack of it is.

Said cousin was raised in Manchester and boarded in some private school followed by working in TV down London before starting his own biz and pissing off to the USA.

So it ties in with roughly what is above.

I'd say he sounds like a mix of North London Jewish, then in some videos you can tell he went to public school. Then in some other videos he sounds like he's got a slight West Country - Dorset etc twang. God knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Funn3r said:

His Russian is really not all that! But it's good enough obviously. He also speaks mangled Spanish ; check out his fairly hilarious trips round Bolivia. 

I don't know the back story,. Obviously he's bald but if bankrupt still must be fairly well off to do that amount of travelling.

I really want the kind of camera mount he has with remote pan but I can only find cheap selfie sticks which basically just hold your camera away from you a bit more than arm's length. 

His last video clocked 250,000 views per day and the older ones from 6 months ago can have 4,000,000 views, as a very rough guess he is clocking $500/day every day and has 1.25M subscribers.

The sliders in the calculator below do not go far enough to the right so he doesn't actually need their services.

Then there are the T-Shirts, Mugs & Books.

Credit to him he is doing it right but might need security soon.

https://influencermarketinghub.com/youtube-money-calculator/

1564707856_Screenshot-2019-12-5YouTubeMoneyCalculator-SeeHowMuchMoneyYouCanMake.thumb.png.84e4d76fdab6a2e846833e485bf5b4fd.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko said:

I pick up languages and dialects pretty quickly, but he can read Cyrillic, this is unusual for someone who has picked up a language by ear (I can read German, but often I haven't got a clue what Germans are saying). Plus his English accent isn't consistent, and he sounds a bit foreign in a few videos. Not knocking him just wonder what the real backstory is - I reckon he must have lived in a country for a while that speaks Russian. According to Reddit he lived in Mumbai for 2 years.

 

Edit: The internet always finds out the truth :D I suspected as much... His accent is pretty good.

qoaby00cbsl31.jpg

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Funn3r said:

His Russian is really not all that! But it's good enough obviously. He also speaks mangled Spanish ; check out his fairly hilarious trips round Bolivia. 

 

Yeah I noticed a lot of people were asking him where he came from so it was obvious his accent wasn't perfect.

 

Anyway, here's a cross-threader for @spygirl , gypsy shithole in Slovakia, the kids sound a bit English... do I detect a Yorkshire-ish accent... turns out some of them have LIVED in Derby. What the fuck.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG4aYsvgchA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, spunko said:

Yeah I noticed a lot of people were asking him where he came from so it was obvious his accent wasn't perfect.

 

Anyway, here's a cross-threader for @spygirl , gypsy shithole in Slovakia, the kids sound a bit English... do I detect a Yorkshire-ish accent... turns out some of them have LIVED in Derby. What the fuck.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG4aYsvgchA

I saw that yesterday!

The comments say - Cant believe the kids english is so good...

Kid has a sheffield accent ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spunko said:

I'd say he sounds like a mix of North London Jewish, then in some videos you can tell he went to public school. Then in some other videos he sounds like he's got a slight West Country - Dorset etc twang. God knows.

I think he sounds slightly Oz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I saw that yesterday!

The comments say - Cant believe the kids english is so good...

Kid has a sheffield accent ffs.

Derby must be a real shithole if you prefer living in that dump. Fuck me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2019 at 17:57, crashmonitor said:

Love to do this, but I'd guess pretty dangerous without speaking fluent Russian, which he can. So he's doing the leg work for us...

Travelling in ex-ussr without knowing at least some russian is completely impractical because outside central moscow and kiev noone speaks english (well, educated people often do but not your average service worker - taxi driver, shop assistant, hotel clerk etc) and nothing is written in english, you wont be able to recognise even basics like signs saying "danger no entry" etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.