• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Cornish terror group

Oh my, thought this had gone.  There was an attempted firebombing back in the 80s; certainly there was a fre at the restuarant last month.

A Cornish terror group dubbed the 'Ooh R A' has claimed responsibility for firebombing Rick Stein's seaside restaurant - and claims it has a would-be suicide bomber in its ranks.

The Cornish Republican Army (CRA) says it carried out the attack last month as part of a renewed campaign to prevent the 'ethnic cleansing of the people of Kernow'.

Formerly known as the Cornish National Liberation Army (CNLA), the group has been dormant for over a decade and was believed to have been disbanded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4677520/Cornish-terror-group-says-SUICIDE-attacker.html

Bit of a joke but you only need one nut to set a fire.

I can confirm that I am not a member; though I cannot speak for @Wahoo.

On one level they have a case: second homes, vast amounts of recent housebuilding out of the reach of locals, but you coudl make the same complaint for any coastal or decent rural area in Britain.  I don't see a special case here; we're all going to hell in a handcart together.

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Oh my, thought this had gone.  There was an attempted firebombing back in the 80s; certainly there was a fre at the restuarant last month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4677520/Cornish-terror-group-says-SUICIDE-attacker.html

On one level they have a case: second homes, vast amounts of recent housebuilding out of the reach of locals, but you coudl make the same complaint for any coastal or decent rural area in Britain.  I don't see a special case here; we're all going to hell in a handcart together.

Anyone declaring war on Jamie Oliver gets my support.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/11/too-little-too-late-uk-cultural-figures-call-for-greater-refugee-intake

32 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If they can get themselves declared an oppressed ethnic minority surely Bono would be along with a single?  After all, that's what they did in South Africa...

5 minutes ago, wherebee said:

If they can get themselves declared an oppressed ethnic minority surely Bono would be along with a single?  After all, that's what they did in South Africa...

I actually like TMT's Welsh model. Do an O Level in Cornish and then high paid public sector job for life.

Freedom for Cornwall!

(um, can I still support the England football team?)

20 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I actually like TMT's Welsh model. Do an O Level in Cornish and then high paid public sector job for life.

Freedom for Cornwall!

You can well afford freedom via that Tamar bridge scam you operate, you scone-eating cunts.

You let us come in for free - but charge us to friggin' leave...!

Robbing bastards.

Welcome to the Hotel Cornwall-ifornia...

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

I'll be on the lookout for pasties full of semtex then.

Mainly so as I can eat them as they'll probably taste better than the last pastie I ate down there. It tasted like a sock full of vomit.

I'll probably be the target of a Cornish fatwa now.

14 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

You can well afford freedom via that Tamar bridge scam you operate, you scone-eating cunts.

You let us come in for free - but charge us to friggin' leave...!

Robbing bastards.

Welcome to the Hotel Cornwall-ifornia...

;)

XYY

Half price with a Tamar Tag!

11 minutes ago, Panther said:

Shouldn't they have a frightening-sounding name in Cornish instead?

It was An Gof, I think the article mentioned it.

This was IIRC the Cornish name taken by a lawyer for the prayer book rebellion.

10 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Mainly so as I can eat them as they'll probably taste better than the last pastie I ate down there. It tasted like a sock full of vomit.

Avoid Ginsters is my considered advice. Go to any local baker that does their own and they will all be excellent.

48 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Half price with a Tamar Tag!

It was An Gof, I think the article mentioned it.

This was IIRC the Cornish name taken by a lawyer for the prayer book rebellion.

Avoid Ginsters is my considered advice. Go to any local baker that does their own and they will all be excellent.

It may have been a Ginsters as it was one of the most minging things I've ever eaten. Literally unedible.

I take the piss though, I've been to Cornwall quite a few times and, gash pastie aside, it's a bloody glorious place.

2 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Welsh oggie FTW. A superior beast

https://m.facebook.com/famouswelshoggies/

1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

You fucking what? xD 207 people like this.

The not so famous welsh rip-off more like. ;)

Bad example, but oggies in general are by far nicer. The pastries very lardy and crispy.

if I had a facespace account I would bore all my friends with pictures with the caption 'nom' (or whatever banal thing facespacers use)

While I don't condone violence I can understand Cornish people being pissed off at being unable to make a living and live in their birth area. Many people want that to be near family and friends.

Its the same in Dumfries & Galloway.....those who can afford it move in or buy holiday homes whereas the born and bred are stuffed unless they get lucky with a well paid job or family money.

Pastie bombs make me chuckle.....the equivalent here would be haggis bombs.

I do think the day will come though when many indigenous brits will rebel and even become more extreme regarding violence because they can't attain a decent life in their area of birth. Tick Tock! 

IMG_0079.JPG

Yes @Economic Exile but the mix of anti-English sentiment in it is objectionable IMO. There is nothing worse happening here than in Devon, Dorset, your part of the world than in Cornwall. All with picture postcard villages empty in the winter as the second homers shut them up, people on average wages stuck renting or buying some flat or terrace on a grotty sink estate.

This would be easily remedied by a decent property tax based upon current values and its attaching very heavily to second homes.

So yes they have a case but wrapping it in some Celtic exclusivity and tempering it with threats of violence is entirely out of order.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes @Economic Exile but the mix of anti-English sentiment in it is objectionable IMO. There is nothing worse happening here than in Devon, Dorset, your part of the world than in Cornwall. All with picture postcard villages empty in the winter as the second homers shut them up, people on average wages stuck renting or buying some flat or terrace on a grotty sink estate.

This would be easily remedied by a decent property tax based upon current values and its attaching very heavily to second homes.

So yes they have a case but wrapping it in some Celtic exclusivity and tempering it with threats of violence is entirely out of order.

The most annoying thing I find is sat in a pub with some incomer trying to tell me the history of my town.  They know it all as they have been visiting for years and bought a holiday home five minutes ago.  Yeah, I know all that, I was born here.  Really?  They say as they can't believe anyone would actually be born and brought up in their theme park by the sea. 

Just now, One percent said:

The most annoying thing I find is sat in a pub with some incomer trying to tell me the history of my town.  They know it all as they have been visiting for years and bought a holiday home five minutes ago.  Yeah, I know all that, I was born here.  Really?  They say as they can't believe anyone would actually be born and brought up in their theme park by the sea. 

Ah, but they've read it in a book. That's better.

I often get taken for a tourist and have locals start telling me about the area in pubs, I can only think it's my accent which is sort of indeterminate south English rather than local.  The day a second homeowner starts doing this I may faint.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ah, but they've read it in a book. That's better.

I often get taken for a tourist and have locals start telling me about the area in pubs, I can only think it's my accent which is sort of indeterminate south English rather than local.  The day a second homeowner starts doing this I may faint.

Tbf, I have spent a lot of time away from home, so my accent is a little diluted. Still, I'm not sure I like being 'educated' about my history by an outsider. 

29 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

While I don't condone violence I can understand Cornish people being pissed off at being unable to make a living and live in their birth area. Many people want that to be near family and friends.

Its the same in Dumfries & Galloway.....those who can afford it move in or buy holiday homes whereas the born and bred are stuffed unless they get lucky with a well paid job or family money.

Pastie bombs make me chuckle.....the equivalent here would be haggis bombs.

I do think the day will come though when many indigenous brits will rebel and even become more extreme regarding violence because they can't attain a decent life in their area of birth. Tick Tock! 

IMG_0079.JPG

No problem with anyone putting forth their opinion on independence 

however when they use violence to force their views on everyone else they need to feel the full force of the state

time to deploy the SAS to Cornwall ? 

7 minutes ago, Malthus said:

No problem with anyone putting forth their opinion on independence 

however when they use violence to force their views on everyone else they need to feel the full force of the state

time to deploy the SAS to Cornwall ? 

Like Ireland?

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Freedom for Cornwall!

Don't forget to introduce that every school kid has to learn Cornish and be educated via Cornish - and then not give a fuck a few years down the line when the vast majority of Cornish kids have an incredibly poor gaggle of O Level results. Be quietly chuffed that you have ethnic cleansed generations of Cornish people from the Cornish TV station and Cornish public sector.

Of course, one significant downside is that you will get SJW's from London moving to the area, learning Cornish and becoming bloody obsessed with Cornish to the point of victimising the indigenous population who do not speak Cornish.

Oh, and dig up a load of Cornish nationalists who thought that Hitler and the Nazis were really good and then use Cornish TV to rewrite them as heroes.

Sorted.