• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Long time lurking

How can this be legal

Fancy a job at ITV  

An incredible opportunity for a politically-minded Production Trainee to join the team at ITV’s flagship show, Peston on Sunday. 

All roles advertised through Creative Access are only open to UK nationals from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority.

https://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunity/trainee-production-intern/

10 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Put an Application in. This is what Irwin Mitchell (Lawyers think)

Mr Simjee said a white person could seek to challenge these restrictions by bringing in a direction claim to the Employment Tribunal.

He added: “If successful, the individual could be awarded damages for the loss of opportunity in being considered for the role, plus they might receive a payment for injury to feelings which can range from around £500 for minor incidents to over £30,000 for serious breaches.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/670266/BBC-advert-white-people-ethnic-equality-staff-job-internship

Edited by Kurt Barlow
addition

1 minute ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Put an Application in. This is what Irwin Mitchell (Lawyers think)

Mr Simjee said a white person could seek to challenge these restrictions by bringing in a direction claim to the Employment Tribunal.

He added: “If successful, the individual could be awarded damages for the loss of opportunity in being considered for the role, plus they might receive a payment for injury to feelings which can range from around £500 for minor incidents to over £30,000 for serious breaches.

I think that could be a plan for anyone with the qualifications required for the job (other than the right ethnicity )  unfortunately that`s no me 

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

I think that could be a plan for anyone with the qualifications required for the job (other than the right ethnicity )  unfortunately that`s no me 

TMT?

I think he is ex Al Beeba.

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Its a training post -

'The ideal applicant will be outgoing, with strong numerate and literacy skills and will have a genuine interest in pursuing a career in news or current affairs'

Tailor your CV and application accordingly;-)

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

These days it sounds like one of the few business plans with a bit of potential with the UK in the state it's in.

As a special snowflake and an individual, I have the right to identify in any way I wish. How very dare they try and enforce their artificial categories on to me.  I will identify as I choose, as is my human right.  When applying for this post, I will identify as black.  At interview, I will identify as Oirish and on securing the job as a seventh day Adventist so that I can have Friday afternoons off.  

4 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

As gender is now an optional stautus do the same with race and just claim you identify as black even if you look like the bloke out of Rocky IV.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

At least the "Minstrel Show" had no colour bar. In fact it encouraged white men to black up like sambo. Unfortunately it was sexist, and the women couldn't join in with the fun.

I read that black guys used to 'black up' in blackface as it made it easier to get gigs.  Bizarre.

There was a girl I knew at university who was mixed race, her Granddad was Afro-Caribbean, her Dad half Afro-Caribbean and she was 1/4. Not that you could tell she had blond hair and blue eyes with very European features. I wonder how she would get on if she applied for one of these positions. 

2 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

There was a girl I knew at university who was mixed race, her Granddad was Afro-Caribbean, her Dad half Afro-Caribbean and she was 1/4. Not that you could tell she had blond hair and blue eyes with very European features. I wonder how she would get on if she applied for one of these positions. 

I reckon European genes are quite dominant. I have seen a lot of people with an African or Asian Grandparent and they pretty much look European.

Iain Duncan Smiths Great Granny was a Jap.

1 minute ago, twocents said:

Seems to plenty of skilled recruits in the pipeline already and headed straight to the So-Called BBC and itv for interviews.  Peston will be inundated with candidates.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/08/lampedusa-turns-back-mayor-refugee-crisis-italy-north-africa

migrants wait to be rescued from a small wooden boat

As they're all doctors, nurses or engineers they might be over qualified for an entry level position.