• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

The 2ND GREAT BIG General Election thread

8 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

This one is outstanding...

ELowgwmXsAAQAit.thumb.jpeg.5d92880812dff08eb278d8440681d644.jpeg

I am so tempted to tweet those this morning, as my twitter feed is full of similar tweets but delivered in all seriousness. I wonder how many followers I would lose? 

Normally my twitter feed is reserved entirely for science fiction and cat memes, which has built me a weirdly large following. Should I blow it in one day?

5 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Almost 4 years and counting BJ has set a date of 12/2021 to leave deal or no deal on his head it will fall no excuse this time around if he get`s the suggested majority 

I got so bored with the prevarication and softening of the Brexit negotiations that I stopped reading about it. I thought we were leaving in January 20. Has there been yet another delay?

8 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I am so tempted to tweet those this morning, as my twitter feed is full of similar tweets but delivered in all seriousness. I wonder how many followers I would lose? 

Normally my twitter feed is reserved entirely for science fiction and cat memes, which has built me a weirdly large following. Should I blow it in one day?

I have a similar wicked thought. My twitter is completely apolitical and without opinions on any subject.

My followers, of which 99.999% of my UK followers are "Scientists for the EU", are in meltdown.

I'd love to bait them a bit, but too much to lose.

5 hours ago, Libspero said:

Ite, maledicti, in ignem eternum qui paratus est diabolo et angelis ejus

Show off :D

To think I spent 4 years learning Latin at school, remember very little of it, and thanks to the internet I can get a translation with a few key presses and track the source.

"Go, cursed ones, into eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels" (based on Matthew 25:41).  9_9

2 minutes ago, Tdog said:

@spygirl

As i said markets see your beloved Tories as handing builders more of other peoples money.

image.png.7f8d01adb9f80dbf93ef8b9131252abd.png

StageCoach is +11% as well. So the Tories will hand our money to the builders AND the drivers?

BT up 8%, Centrica up 7%, SSE up 7%... it's all flying this morning.

Wow, the people really don't like Corbyn do they. Rather have Bozo the clown. I liked the end of his speech this morning "let's get brexit done, but first let's get breakfast done." :D

Labour old guard will say it was all about brexit, and to some degree they're right, after all a lot of the CON seats taken from LAB were due to labour die hard's voting for the brexit party (not the tories as the cons will bullshit about), but at the same time a number of the labour candidates have said there was a lot of negativity about Corbyn on the doorsteps.

Fact is Labour would have pissed all over the Conservatives a long time ago if they'd gone with the other Milliband brother. Momentum has taken the party in the wrong direction, maybe now they'll change and become a proper opposition but they need some new blood in the leadership first.

I'm feeling optimistic that with the majority the cons have they may actually deliver some domestic change for the better now they can 'get brexit done' by the new year and concentrate on other things. That's what the overall public majority wanted so the people have spoken.

8 minutes ago, kibuc said:

StageCoach is +11% as well. So the Tories will hand our money to the builders AND the drivers?

Greggs up +4.4

17 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Show off :D

To think I spent 4 years learning Latin at school, remember very little of it, and thanks to the internet I can get a translation with a few key presses and track the source.

"Go, cursed ones, into eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels" (based on Matthew 25:41).  9_9

Same. 'Caecilius in atrium est' is about all I remember from the textbook featuring Caecilius, no idea at this point if he ever did anything other than just be in the atrium.

6 minutes ago, kibuc said:

Business is relieved that the end of brexit is in sight. I know how they feel. Let's just get on with it so more effort can be put into the other issues affecting our country. 

Hopefully now the end is clear (Boris has said this morning they will get brexit done by the end of January, 2020, and to be fair he also re-iterated a lot of the stuff mentioned in the campaign re investing more in the NHS, police, schools, infrastructure, ...) that all the businesses in limbo over whether to invest or not will now open the taps boosting the economy.

One of the talking heads on the election show last night said that while both parties based much of their election campaign on massive public spending, the difference is that to fund it requires a strong performing economy (to attract foreign investment and increase domestic tax take), and the public see that more likely under the tories than old labour that have a history of near country bankruptcy while they shake the magic money tree. I agree with them. Just hope the economy booms enough that the government don't need to squeeze the taxpayer too much. :ph34r:

David Milliband would’ve trounced Boris. Sadly Len McCluskey decided to back his brother and the rest is history.

The fact that Corbyn and McDonnell still haven’t resigned shows how deluded they are. If Momentum add another hard left leader they’ll wither into obscurity. Twats. 

1 minute ago, Tdog said:

Surely you are aware what Stagecoach owns, are you not aware of Corbyns nationalisation agenda that he has been going on about for the last 4 years? Try googling "Corbyn nationalisation".

For most of the last 10 years the Tory party have been doing all they can to hand corporate builders other peoples money, but deny this all you want.

Its not all flying BT is Vod isnt.

Thank you for educating me in such a non-patronizing way, obviously I had no idea that this Crobnyn person even existed.

You have your story and you stick to it, fair enough, I won't interfere anynmore.

2 minutes ago, Boglet said:

Same. 'Caecilius in atrium est' is about all I remember from the textbook featuring Caecilius, no idea at this point if he ever did anything other than just be in the atrium.

I remember him! And his missus, Matilda, who was usually found in the garden.

I bloody loved Latin. Had a wonderful, passionate teacher (passionate about his subject, not young boys, though thinking about it...).