• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Panther

War for the Planet of the Apes

Not seen it and I won't be, the adverts make it pretty clear the film is misanthropy writ large. Is anyone else disturbed by this? The original film series does seem more nuanced

These films churn my stomach so I avoid them.

Back in the 70's when the TV series was hugely popular a class mate bought a plastic monkey jaw / face thing and wore it non-stop for about 3 months.

Re the film, don't really need to spend loads of money to be told how awful I am for being human, being white, being male, etc.

I always found the Planet of the Apes movies rather silly not least because humans are members of the group hominoidae and are therefore by definition apes.

Anyway what happened to the monkeys or do our other simian cousins not rate a mention ? 

Edited by Flirtygirty

29 minutes ago, Flirtygirty said:

I always found the Planet of the Apes movies rather silly not least because humans are members of the group hominoidae and are therefore by definition apes.

Anyway what happened to the monkeys or do our other simian cousins not rate a mention ? 

No monkeys, blacks or Irish!

On 09/07/2017 at 19:52, Flirtygirty said:

One thing is for sure the citizens of Hartlepool are goners if the monkeys win.

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

XYY

41 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I think the guidence has been updated.

See the Run, Hide, Tell thread

xD

In this respect, the apes seem to be fully, on message

(starts at 1.19)

Well I will be watching, as I enjoyed the previous 2 remakes. If you are going to avoid misappropriation and liberal bias then you may as well turn off the TV altogether. And the radio. And willingly censor yourself from some of the largest websites in the world. The agenda is set and nothing will change. Speaking of which I happened to catch the start of Eastenders the other day on repeat, having not seen it since 2002 I may be wrong but I strongly suspect that the story of Flo, Norman, Bert and Violet being driven to the sea from the East End to avoid the stench of Bengali cumin-infused food wafting through the thin partition walls in their East Ham semi has yet to be screened. Same for the Harlequin twin infants being born at exponential rates due to fathers, daughters, brothers and sisters inbreeding and thus the biggest cause of under 5 child death in certain areas of the East End. etc

Eventually if you watch enough drivel you don't notice the dross.

Edit: Just seen this was about misanthropy not cultural misappropriation but sod it I'll leave it up

14 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

I think the guidence has been updated.

See the Run, Hide, Tell thread

xD

Brilliant, just brilliant. You have nailed the psyche of the establishment. Feckers would sell us out at the drop of a hat.  

17 minutes ago, One percent said:

Brilliant, just brilliant. You have nailed the psyche of the establishment. Feckers would sell us out at the drop of a hat.  

News just in.... Latest G20 summit leaked.... 

Mooo! If you don't know by now that we are just the sheep to be sheared and the cattle to be minced... then you deserve it!

On 7/11/2017 at 08:09, Hopeful said:

In this respect, the apes seem to be fully, on message

(starts at 1.19)

Does the movie explain if they manufactured the guns themselves.

Edited by twocents

8 hours ago, twocents said:

Does the movie explain if they manufactured the guns themselves.

The guns were probably supplied by humans militarising a faction of the apes

47 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

They had guns in at least the other one before,  possibly more of them. I think they pinched them from a warehouse, or something along those lines. 

Well, that's realistic then, as not many crims are expert gunsmiths.O.o