• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Knackered old rope

Wayne Rooney has signed a two-year deal - with Everton announcing the deal with the tweet 'Once a Blue...'

Looks like he's lost some weight in that pic. Still, plenty of time to put some on before the season starts.

Edited by axolotl

Just now, axolotl said:

Wayne Rooney has signed a two-year deal - with Everton announcing the deal with the tweet 'Once a Blue...'

Looks like he's lost some weight in that pic. Still, plenty of time to put some on before the season starts.

Yep. Every night is kebab night til kick off.

2 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Rooney and Ronaldo, together at ManU. Comparable talents at the time, Rooney slightly ahead at the very beginning.

Living proof that you are what you eat/drink/fuck.

Full credit to Ronaldo for his dedication but Rooney's strength was all about being an early developer with the speed and strength of a grown man at sixteen then over the hill at thirty when most footballers are in their prime; he was looking old in his mid twenties. I think it's genetics rather than diet.

Just look at that picture of him at ten, he has the shoulders (and face) of a sixteen year old.

37 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Full credit to Ronaldo for his dedication but Rooney's strength was all about being an early developer with the speed and strength of a grown man at sixteen then over the hill at thirty when most footballers are in their prime; he was looking old in his mid twenties. I think it's genetics rather than diet.

Just look at that picture of him at ten, he has the shoulders (and face) of a sixteen year old.

That wouldn't explain how he managed to be really really good, by a margin England's best player and among the best in the tournament at age 18(I think) when actually playing with the grown men in the 2004 European championships. He had no physical advantage over his opponents (in development terms) from when he was playing in the Premiership onwards(about 2002 I think).

Kebabs, booze and grannies drove him downhill after that, he must be as strong (and as bright) as an ox to be able to maintain a still-quite-high standard while living like a character from that Runcorn comedy "Two Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps".

People diss him, but he's still had a very good career, it's the sense of what might have been that's disappointing.

5 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

That wouldn't explain how he managed to be really really good, by a margin England's best player and among the best in the tournament at age 18(I think) when actually playing with the grown men in the 2004 European championships. He had no physical advantage over his opponents (in development terms) from when he was playing in the Premiership onwards(about 2002 I think).

Kebabs, booze and grannies drove him downhill after that, he must be as strong (and as bright) as an ox to be able to maintain a still-quite-high standard while living like a character from that Runcorn comedy "Two Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps".

People diss him, but he's still had a very good career, it's the sense of what might have been that's disappointing.

Rooney physically matured and is a naturally gifted footballer - like most of them. Freakish good-eye control;freaks, like all progfessional sports people.

But that advange then needs to be trained and disciplined.

Ronaldo was able to progress on from the natural advantages.

Rooney, like a lot of English players, pissed it down the drain.