DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The Camera thread

Parry

2 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Stuck with the K-5 myself. My 31 and 77 keep begging me for a full frame body but it'll have to wait a while. 

31/43/77, 100 WR, FA 1.7/50, K-50/1.2, DFA 15-30, DFA* 70-200, Carl Zeiss Distagon 2/35 ZK and Planar 1.4/85 with K-5IIs, K-3 and K-1 is what I packed for this trip. It was heavy!

I can't believe there's so many Pentaxian's here, thought we were the rarest of breeds.

16 minutes ago, Parry said:

31/43/77, 100 WR, FA 1.7/50, K-50/1.2, DFA 15-30, DFA* 70-200, Carl Zeiss Distagon 2/35 ZK and Planar 1.4/85 with K-5IIs, K-3 and K-1 is what I packed for this trip. It was heavy!

I can't believe there's so many Pentaxian's here, thought we were the rarest of breeds.

Pentax K-r here. Anyone got any recommendations for an affordable macro lens?

Just now, NTB said:

Pentax K-r here. Anyone got any recommendations for an affordable macro lens?

Raynox DCR-150 or 250 using a CZJ DDR 3.5/135 MC (red ring type).

One percent
1 hour ago, Parry said:

Pentax became an addiction. Like heroin but more expensive. I shall start a photographers thread at some point. 

I have the K-1 and DF-A* 2.8/70-200 set up on a tripod on the back patio right now, triggering using a MIOPS Smart Trigger photographing an incoming thunderstorm here in Thailand.

Anyways, back to Mikey Bubb . . . 

Oh I did buy a fully tricked out 2017 Honda Grom yesterday as a consolation for not going for a Monster 821. Must say it's a bloody hell of a laugh. 

I would like a photographers thread. Just bought myself a new camera and have not a clue as to settings.  It dose take some very nice pictures on the automatic settings but not quite the point of it really 

Turned Out Nice Again
1 hour ago, Parry said:

Pentax became an addiction. Like heroin but more expensive. I shall start a photographers thread at some point.

Good idea, but don't limit it to Pentax, I say speaking as a retro Nikon SLR + 1960s Jap rangefinders afficianado!

One percent
2 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Created a new thread here in this subforum, so if you're sure you didn't post in this subforum before - you didn't!

I thought I was going mad until I saw you post.

thanks punk.

ive got a Panasonic gx80.  Don't know how to work it yet but have managed to get some good effects with flowing water by slowing down summat or other.

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

5 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Good idea, but don't limit it to Pentax, I say speaking as a retro Nikon SLR + 1960s Jap rangefinders afficianado!

Got an A7r and A6000 plus 4/70-200 G OSS, Sony 2/28, Sony Zeiss Sonnar 1.8/55 and Distagon 1.4/35. 

Hideous gear. All up for sale. Destroyed my interest in togging. I shall never again stray from Pentax.

whitevanman
11 hours ago, Parry said:

Pentax K-1 with Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/85 . . . .

29264954035_880134a506_b.jpg

Reminds me a little of Christine. Beautiful but sinister.

Is there something of a Pentax cult?

3 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Reminds me a little of Christine. Beautiful but sinister.

Is there something of a Pentax cult?

Only in Japan and on Dosbods. Not a popular brand due to poor marketing. Superb cameras though, I won't have anything else.

Uptherebels

Can't compete with Mr Parry! Here's a six second exposure on a Nikon D3200. Taken at Yatton train station. Mr Pin knows where that is! 

Yatton_046.JPG

34 minutes ago, Uptherebels said:

Can't compete with Mr Parry! Here's a six second exposure on a Nikon D3200. Taken at Yatton train station. Mr Pin knows where that is! 

Yatton_046.JPG

Yatton!

I store my car near Yatton whilst I'm in the Far East. Exciting place is Yatton.

Just now, Uptherebels said:

Well that train certainly wasn't bothering to stop! 

Who would? It's full of inbred people with strange feet, and non-matching eyes that don't point in the same direction

Archived