Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

The Camera thread


Parry

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Stuck with the K-5 myself. My 31 and 77 keep begging me for a full frame body but it'll have to wait a while. 

31/43/77, 100 WR, FA 1.7/50, K-50/1.2, DFA 15-30, DFA* 70-200, Carl Zeiss Distagon 2/35 ZK and Planar 1.4/85 with K-5IIs, K-3 and K-1 is what I packed for this trip. It was heavy!

I can't believe there's so many Pentaxian's here, thought we were the rarest of breeds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Parry said:

31/43/77, 100 WR, FA 1.7/50, K-50/1.2, DFA 15-30, DFA* 70-200, Carl Zeiss Distagon 2/35 ZK and Planar 1.4/85 with K-5IIs, K-3 and K-1 is what I packed for this trip. It was heavy!

I can't believe there's so many Pentaxian's here, thought we were the rarest of breeds.

Pentax K-r here. Anyone got any recommendations for an affordable macro lens?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NTB said:

Pentax K-r here. Anyone got any recommendations for an affordable macro lens?

Raynox DCR-150 or 250 using a CZJ DDR 3.5/135 MC (red ring type).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
1 hour ago, Parry said:

Pentax became an addiction. Like heroin but more expensive. I shall start a photographers thread at some point. 

I have the K-1 and DF-A* 2.8/70-200 set up on a tripod on the back patio right now, triggering using a MIOPS Smart Trigger photographing an incoming thunderstorm here in Thailand.

Anyways, back to Mikey Bubb . . . 

Oh I did buy a fully tricked out 2017 Honda Grom yesterday as a consolation for not going for a Monster 821. Must say it's a bloody hell of a laugh. 

I would like a photographers thread. Just bought myself a new camera and have not a clue as to settings.  It dose take some very nice pictures on the automatic settings but not quite the point of it really 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Turned Out Nice Again
1 hour ago, Parry said:

Pentax became an addiction. Like heroin but more expensive. I shall start a photographers thread at some point.

Good idea, but don't limit it to Pentax, I say speaking as a retro Nikon SLR + 1960s Jap rangefinders afficianado!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
2 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Created a new thread here in this subforum, so if you're sure you didn't post in this subforum before - you didn't!

I thought I was going mad until I saw you post.

thanks punk.

ive got a Panasonic gx80.  Don't know how to work it yet but have managed to get some good effects with flowing water by slowing down summat or other.

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Good idea, but don't limit it to Pentax, I say speaking as a retro Nikon SLR + 1960s Jap rangefinders afficianado!

Got an A7r and A6000 plus 4/70-200 G OSS, Sony 2/28, Sony Zeiss Sonnar 1.8/55 and Distagon 1.4/35. 

Hideous gear. All up for sale. Destroyed my interest in togging. I shall never again stray from Pentax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

whitevanman
11 hours ago, Parry said:

Pentax K-1 with Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/85 . . . .

29264954035_880134a506_b.jpg

Reminds me a little of Christine. Beautiful but sinister.

Is there something of a Pentax cult?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Reminds me a little of Christine. Beautiful but sinister.

Is there something of a Pentax cult?

Only in Japan and on Dosbods. Not a popular brand due to poor marketing. Superb cameras though, I won't have anything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uptherebels

Can't compete with Mr Parry! Here's a six second exposure on a Nikon D3200. Taken at Yatton train station. Mr Pin knows where that is! 

Yatton_046.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Uptherebels said:

Can't compete with Mr Parry! Here's a six second exposure on a Nikon D3200. Taken at Yatton train station. Mr Pin knows where that is! 

Yatton_046.JPG

Yatton!

I store my car near Yatton whilst I'm in the Far East. Exciting place is Yatton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Uptherebels said:

Well that train certainly wasn't bothering to stop! 

Who would? It's full of inbred people with strange feet, and non-matching eyes that don't point in the same direction

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...