• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

blobloblob

Festival campsite high energy dance music playlist

I go to a festival every year, naturally the posh camping field with ready made tents and now so-called "Podpads" - basically garden sheds painted pink. Every year Mrs blobloblob throw a party for the afternoon everyone arrives. It's neighbourly and makes for a good atmosphere. We've met and become friends with some amazing people this way and many many people go back year after year, just like us, so it's lovely to meet up with them all again.

This year we're making a high-end finger buffet before we set off in the morning. We're both ex-caterers so we'll be putting on a good show. We will of course, also be taking lashings and lashings of Jager, tequila, Pimms, mixers, ice, choppable fruit and other other things to put into cocktails.

What I need to round it off is a good soundtrack. I've bought myself a bluetooth speaker and need to load up my phone with music. I often hear other people playing good dance music and it's just the kind of thing I need. However, with my background of listening to mostly guitar-based stuff, I need help.

Music needs to be:

• intense, maybe even a little aggresive
  • repetetive
  • fucking cool
  • most people haven't heard it before

Ta

Edited by blobloblob

7 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

I go to a festival every year, naturally the posh camping field with ready made tents and now so-called "Podpads" - basically garden sheds painted pink. Every year Mrs blobloblob throw a party for the afternoon everyone arrives. It's neighbourly and makes for a good atmosphere. We've met and become friends with some amazing people this way and many many people go back year after year, just like us, so it's lovely to meet up with them all again.

This year we're making a high-end finger buffet before we set off in the morning. We're both ex-caterers so we'll be putting on a good show. We will of course, also be taking lashings and lashings of Jager, tequila, Pimms, mixers, ice, choppable fruit and other other things to put into cocktails.

What I need to round it off is a good soundtrack. I've bought myself a bluetooth speaker and need to load up my phone with music. I often hear other people playing good dance music and it's just the kind of thing I need. However, with my background of listening to mostly guitar-based stuff, I need help.

Music needs to be:

• repetetive
  • fucking cool

Ta

Are these the new friends or you and mrs blobloblob?:D

IMG_0734.JPG

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Never mind the music, I've got some blunt sticks you may wish to poke your eyes out with. :)

Actually I've just realised who that is so I'd like to edit my last comment to F**k right off One percent :)

1 hour ago, onlyme said:

Thanks - definitely along the right lines, but I'm looking for something a little 'angrier'.

1 minute ago, blobloblob said:

Actually I've just realised who that is so I'd like to edit my last comment to F**k right off One percent :)

xD  feck me, have you been on the sauce, taking that long to recognise the twunts. xD

8 hours ago, blobloblob said:

I often hear other people playing good dance music and it's just the kind of thing I need. However, with my background of listening to mostly guitar-based stuff, I need help.

Music needs to be:

• repetetive
  • fucking cool

Ta

I'll post a playlist for you next week.

:)

19 hours ago, blobloblob said:

I've bought myself a bluetooth speaker and need to load up my phone with music.

Just to check..

Are you looking to buy and download this music?

Or for example use an app like Tidal and mark the playlist as 'Offline' so you can play it back without an internet connection while still not buying it (it will download to the phone and then you take the phone with you)..

Or stream it from e.g. YouTube (several hours of that will probably eat through most mobile data allowances)?

6 hours ago, DTMark said:

Just to check..

Are you looking to buy and download this music?

Or for example use an app like Tidal and mark the playlist as 'Offline' so you can play it back without an internet connection while still not buying it (it will download to the phone and then you take the phone with you)..

Or stream it from e.g. YouTube (several hours of that will probably eat through most mobile data allowances)?

Got to be offline. Mobile data is pretty much not existent there. In fact even sms is touch and go. 

Spotify worthwhile for this? I ask as I'd probably keep the subscription going if I signed up. Having said that, I don't know the alternatives. 

4 hours ago, blobloblob said:

Got to be offline. Mobile data is pretty much not existent there. In fact even sms is touch and go. 

Spotify worthwhile for this? I ask as I'd probably keep the subscription going if I signed up. Having said that, I don't know the alternatives. 

Leave with me..

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 19:26, blobloblob said:

This is good.

That kind of thing

Oddly enough I was at the village fete on Saturday drinking Pimms and I was fairly slaughtered after a few of those on an empty stomach and on a scorchingly hot day.

They were playing - I think the term is - "royalty free music", which I suspect means "music that is so bad that nobody in their right minds would pay for it". I was almost disappointed at the failure to include "Una Paloma Blanca" and "Viva Espana".

Do you want three hours of progressive techno and hard-house (like the above) - quite happy to provide that.

Although much as I'm a dance music fan, I think even I'd baulk at three hours of things just like that outside of a nightclub environment.

It just doesn't quite seem to sit quite right with finger-buffets and glasses of Pimms. I'm not sure why - just can't quite put my finger on it. Though it would be preferable to the crap they were playing on Saturday. To me. I suspect it might not have been so popular with the natives.

Or do you want more of a mix, building to that sort of thing as the drunkenness intensifies?

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you 17 seconds of the Froyle Village Fete 2017. You missed out big-time:

Froyle would seem to be the place to be although the dog at 14 seconds sounds like an angry little twat. 

You're right - it needs to be a little more tranquil, at least to start off. It can certainly rise to a crescendo though and could even become a little bit 'pop'.

Pimms will be available, but tequila slammers will be encouraged and some of the people we're meeting are more or less non stop Jager. Glass isn't permitted on the campsite but if I can find prosecco or cava in plastic bottles, the slammers will be of the royale variety. I've already written off the prospect of getting champagne in plastic bottles. 

Edited by blobloblob
Hope that wasn't your dog.

I have a good recipe for a Beaujolais-based punch. It's pretty simple. Beaujolais and vodka. Gets people going. Or should I say, hospitalised.

I didn't realise you were such a hedonist. I think you need to get yourself down to Woolacombe. There was even a TV series about this place:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g551703-d1489713-r206033132-Europa_Park-Woolacombe_Devon_England.html

I have to admit I'd love to go for a weekend while I still can.

Shall work on the music for you and report back.

1 hour ago, blobloblob said:

Froyle would seem to be the place to be although the dog at 14 seconds sounds like an angry little twat. 

You're right - it needs to be a little more tranquil, at least to start off. It can certainly rise to a crescendo though and could even become a little bit 'pop'.

Pimms will be available, but tequila slammers will be encouraged and some of the people we're meeting are more or less non stop Jager. Glass isn't permitted on the campsite but if I can find prosecco or cava in plastic bottles, the slammers will be of the royale variety. I've already written off the prospect of getting champagne in plastic bottles. 

I don't have a dog :)

You can hear the "smash-the-plates-to-win-a-prize" stall at 0:09.. the bloke doing the PA seemed to have this way of pausing briefly in-between sections just as the loud smash of plates could be heard, before then continuing. Impeccable timing. In my inebriated state sitting on the edge of the field in the shade underneath some trees, there was a kind of surreal quality about the whole thing.

On 11/07/2017 at 00:35, blobloblob said:

Wouldn't any old reasonable sparkling wine work for the slammers?  We started our wedding guests off with Pimms and after that not one complaint on the fizzy stuff - it was a time when booze in France still considerably cheaper and Pol Remy was about a £ a bottle, whilst selling in London for £6 a bottle, best man an I tried a few sparkling wines outside the Auchan and to be honest prefer that over some of the more expensive sparkling wines so that is what we went with.  There's a Le Soleil perry (choice of sweetness) that is widely sold  in bag in a  box format, might be worth trying as a mixer, should work and cheap as chips.

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/le-soleil-premium-perry-medium-dry-3-litre/p/53425

Edited by onlyme

18 hours ago, DTMark said:

All done. On its way to you later today.

You're in for a treat ;)

Merely giving one up-vote for this post seems trivial but really, my hearfelt thanks to you DTMark. A dozen or more shitfaced, sodden, mud-covered people will be delighted about this.

I may be late to the party...

Blanck Mass:

C L N K:

Vatican Shadow:

Ital Tek:

Objekt:

John Hopkins:

Mistabishi:

Reso:

Clark:

Anstam:

Forest Swords: