• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingPoor

Watching this film before going on holiday could save your life

Recommended Posts

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/10/watching-this-film-before-going-on-holiday-could-save-your-life-6767124/

Apparently you should "Run Hide Tell" get others to run with you but don't let their indecision slow you down! 

Oh and barricade yourself in your room and put your phone on silent too. 

 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One percent said:

I think the main message from that is to just don't go anywhere where this might happen. I here the West Country is very nice. 

Yeah theres a few good seafood restaurants in  Cornwall! 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I thought this was going to be about rip tides.

If you are being attacked on a beach a rip tide could be a life saver !! Just launch yourself in and float out to safety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WorkingPoor said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/10/watching-this-film-before-going-on-holiday-could-save-your-life-6767124/

Apparently you should "Run Hide Tell" get others to run with you but don't let their indecision slow you down! 

Oh and barricade yourself in your room and put your phone on silent too. 

 

Our governments new mantra;

If in danger, if in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

I'll stick with no retreat, no surrender.

My wife and young kids aren't in a position to outrun jack shit, so it's probably best I stick around and try to give as good an account of myself as I can thanks.

Edited by SpectrumFX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Our governments new mantra;

If in danger, if in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

I'll stick with no retreat, no surrender.

My wife and young kids aren't in a position to outrun jack shit, so it's probably best I stick around and try to give as good an account of myself as I can thanks.

Yes, a Samurai style banzai charge straight into the melee as good a tactic as any. 

Does anyone think this advice was written by a Tory? i.e leave others who can't run, whilst you save your own skin? 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But Det Ch Supt Scott Wilson told the So-Called BBC it was "only right" to offer advice following the terror attacks in London and in Sousse, Tunisia.

"These people are not there to steal a mobile phone or steal your watch, they are there to kill you, you have to get yourself out of that danger zone," Mr Wilson told the So-Called BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40553565

Almost sounds like they know something? 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

But Det Ch Supt Scott Wilson told the So-Called BBC it was "only right" to offer advice following the terror attacks in London and in Sousse, Tunisia.

"These people are not there to steal a mobile phone or steal your watch, they are there to kill you, you have to get yourself out of that danger zone," Mr Wilson told the So-Called BBC.

why would anyone choose to holiday in such a danger zone.  You would need to be barking to even contemplate it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One percent said:

why would anyone choose to holiday in such a danger zone.  You would need to be barking to even contemplate it.  

Where are the danger zones though? (this summer)

Nice was on the french riviera! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Where are the danger zones though? (this summer)

Nice was on the french riviera! 

Easier to list those that are safe:

American continent inc south and Canada (not large cities)

Greek Islands (but try and avoid the ones where the gimmigrants land)

The UK (but again avoid large cities)

Ireland

er, that's it I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Easier to list those that are safe:

American continent inc south and Canada (not large cities)

Greek Islands (but try and avoid the ones where the gimmigrants land)

The UK (but again avoid large cities)

Ireland

er, that's it I think

& Corsica 

Corsican nationalists warn jihadists of tough response

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36912541

Edited by WorkingPoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might it be safe to assume most of the old eastern European countries are relatively okay?  (I don't know as I've not been to many of them recently, but they seem to have a firmer stance on these things)

Surely Slovakia, Czech republic, Poland, Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania are safe?  I'd imagine the Baltic states might be quite nice as a destination in Summer.  

And presumably Western Russia (St Petersberg)?  Quite fair from the Chechen threat.

What about Croatia/Montenegro? (not Albania as they've always been mad, and the inland Balkans seems to be the migrant route)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dgul said:

Might it be safe to assume most of the old eastern European countries are relatively okay?  (I don't know as I've not been to many of them recently, but they seem to have a firmer stance on these things)

Surely Slovakia, Czech republic, Poland, Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania are safe?  I'd imagine the Baltic states might be quite nice as a destination in Summer.  

And presumably Western Russia (St Petersberg)?  Quite fair from the Chechen threat.

What about Croatia/Montenegro? (not Albania as they've always been mad, and the inland Balkans seems to be the migrant route)...

Dubrovnik, and what about Macedonia? very hot there in summer as are most of the EE states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dgul said:

Might it be safe to assume most of the old eastern European countries are relatively okay?  (I don't know as I've not been to many of them recently, but they seem to have a firmer stance on these things)

Surely Slovakia, Czech republic, Poland, Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania are safe?  I'd imagine the Baltic states might be quite nice as a destination in Summer.  

And presumably Western Russia (St Petersberg)?  Quite fair from the Chechen threat.

What about Croatia/Montenegro? (not Albania as they've always been mad, and the inland Balkans seems to be the migrant route)...

We were in Italy , Croatia , Montenegro and Greece recently 

all felt very safe 

plenty of armed police about and soldiers in the tourist areas in Italy 

ps per a previous topic , I still think people should be taught to fight back in large angry mobs ūüĎć

Edited by Malthus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"Run Hide Tell"

They've been watching too many movies.

Of course in the old days such a situation of constant fear of terrorists attacking on foot wouldn't have been allowed to develop.  Try hiding in a mall with large open areas and fully glazed shop fronts with all the hundreds of people running around, trying to hide in the same few places and needing time to think how to switch their mobiles to silent.

"Run Hide Tell" seems to fit in quite well with their one rule for one and another rule for others policies.

 

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By The Masked Tulip
      Last week a story broke about an American Airlines mechanic who, so most news media reported, allegedly tried to sabotage an aircraft because of work related contract grievances against American Airlines.
      He was in court yesterday seeking bail. It turns out that, allegedly, he had stuffed styrofoam into vital areas of the nose cone that would make it difficult for the speed sensors & other equipment to work. 
      It turns out that he has a brother who is believed to be in ISIS and has a history of making statements wishing harm to non muslims. On his phone he had videos of people being murdered by ISIS. He is a naturalised American - an Iraqi who got US citizenship.
      Yesterday a judge denied him bail because he is - chortle - a flight risk. Well, maybe not on any aircraft that he might have worked upon.
      Interesting how most media organisations originally reported this story. We don't know the exact date this alleged sabotage took place but you have to wonder if it was timed for September 9th.
       
       
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.