• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingPoor

Watching this film before going on holiday could save your life

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/10/watching-this-film-before-going-on-holiday-could-save-your-life-6767124/

Apparently you should "Run Hide Tell" get others to run with you but don't let their indecision slow you down! 

Oh and barricade yourself in your room and put your phone on silent too. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Just now, One percent said:

I think the main message from that is to just don't go anywhere where this might happen. I here the West Country is very nice. 

Yeah theres a few good seafood restaurants in  Cornwall! 

Edited by WorkingPoor

29 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think the main message from that is to just don't go anywhere where this might happen. I here the West Country is very nice. 

Dorset for us this year 😁

27 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I thought this was going to be about rip tides.

If you are being attacked on a beach a rip tide could be a life saver !! Just launch yourself in and float out to safety. 

1 hour ago, WorkingPoor said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/10/watching-this-film-before-going-on-holiday-could-save-your-life-6767124/

Apparently you should "Run Hide Tell" get others to run with you but don't let their indecision slow you down! 

Oh and barricade yourself in your room and put your phone on silent too. 

Our governments new mantra;

If in danger, if in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

I'll stick with no retreat, no surrender.

My wife and young kids aren't in a position to outrun jack shit, so it's probably best I stick around and try to give as good an account of myself as I can thanks.

Edited by SpectrumFX

14 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Our governments new mantra;

If in danger, if in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

I'll stick with no retreat, no surrender.

My wife and young kids aren't in a position to outrun jack shit, so it's probably best I stick around and try to give as good an account of myself as I can thanks.

Yes, a Samurai style banzai charge straight into the melee as good a tactic as any. 

Does anyone think this advice was written by a Tory? i.e leave others who can't run, whilst you save your own skin? 

Edited by WorkingPoor

But Det Ch Supt Scott Wilson told the So-Called BBC it was "only right" to offer advice following the terror attacks in London and in Sousse, Tunisia.

"These people are not there to steal a mobile phone or steal your watch, they are there to kill you, you have to get yourself out of that danger zone," Mr Wilson told the So-Called BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40553565

Almost sounds like they know something? 

Edited by WorkingPoor

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

But Det Ch Supt Scott Wilson told the So-Called BBC it was "only right" to offer advice following the terror attacks in London and in Sousse, Tunisia.

"These people are not there to steal a mobile phone or steal your watch, they are there to kill you, you have to get yourself out of that danger zone," Mr Wilson told the So-Called BBC.

why would anyone choose to holiday in such a danger zone.  You would need to be barking to even contemplate it.  

1 minute ago, One percent said:

why would anyone choose to holiday in such a danger zone.  You would need to be barking to even contemplate it.  

Where are the danger zones though? (this summer)

Nice was on the french riviera! 

3 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Where are the danger zones though? (this summer)

Nice was on the french riviera! 

Easier to list those that are safe:

American continent inc south and Canada (not large cities)

Greek Islands (but try and avoid the ones where the gimmigrants land)

The UK (but again avoid large cities)

Ireland

er, that's it I think

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Easier to list those that are safe:

American continent inc south and Canada (not large cities)

Greek Islands (but try and avoid the ones where the gimmigrants land)

The UK (but again avoid large cities)

Ireland

er, that's it I think

& Corsica 

Corsican nationalists warn jihadists of tough response

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36912541

Edited by WorkingPoor

Easyjet's share price has soared over the past year. I am really surprised by that as I suspected that the airlines would have been hit. Someone is obviously flying somewhere. Wonder which routes are making them the most money - perhaps it is not the tourist routes?

Might it be safe to assume most of the old eastern European countries are relatively okay?  (I don't know as I've not been to many of them recently, but they seem to have a firmer stance on these things)

Surely Slovakia, Czech republic, Poland, Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania are safe?  I'd imagine the Baltic states might be quite nice as a destination in Summer.  

And presumably Western Russia (St Petersberg)?  Quite fair from the Chechen threat.

What about Croatia/Montenegro? (not Albania as they've always been mad, and the inland Balkans seems to be the migrant route)...

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

Might it be safe to assume most of the old eastern European countries are relatively okay?  (I don't know as I've not been to many of them recently, but they seem to have a firmer stance on these things)

Surely Slovakia, Czech republic, Poland, Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania are safe?  I'd imagine the Baltic states might be quite nice as a destination in Summer.  

And presumably Western Russia (St Petersberg)?  Quite fair from the Chechen threat.

What about Croatia/Montenegro? (not Albania as they've always been mad, and the inland Balkans seems to be the migrant route)...

Dubrovnik, and what about Macedonia? very hot there in summer as are most of the EE states.

7 minutes ago, dgul said:

We were in Italy , Croatia , Montenegro and Greece recently 

all felt very safe 

plenty of armed police about and soldiers in the tourist areas in Italy 

ps per a previous topic , I still think people should be taught to fight back in large angry mobs 👍

Edited by Malthus

It'll be wise not to have headphones in, in a public space, where ever you are in the world.

Edited by 201p

"Run Hide Tell"

They've been watching too many movies.

Of course in the old days such a situation of constant fear of terrorists attacking on foot wouldn't have been allowed to develop.  Try hiding in a mall with large open areas and fully glazed shop fronts with all the hundreds of people running around, trying to hide in the same few places and needing time to think how to switch their mobiles to silent.

"Run Hide Tell" seems to fit in quite well with their one rule for one and another rule for others policies.

Edited by twocents