DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Carillion (Construction) shares dive on sales warning

201p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40554302

Shares in the infrastructure and construction firm Carillion are down 38% in early trading in the wake of a sales warning.

The company has warned that its annual results would be "below management's previous expectations".

--

Carillion's projects have included the first phase of the Battersea Power Station development and the extension of Liverpool's Anfield football ground.

The company, also has a number of public private partnerships (PPP).

===

Coincides with -1% Halifax drop in June, for it's house price index. This is becoming a big lull this summer.

Someone I know has just stopped working for them.
He says they have some major issues and have been tweaking accounts for some time.

Its more of a public sector outsurcer type org.

Under bit to win, then COns get in and insist they delvier the work to the price agreed.

Fucktards the lot of them.

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

I doubt its inside data.

They just know the compnay is lying abotu how bad things really are.

Of course it's inside trading, it's the City for christ sake. Happens every minute of every day.

Now, if only someone could create such a website for cryptocurrencies.

19 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Of course it's inside trading, it's the City for christ sake. Happens every minute of every day.

Now, if only someone could create such a website for cryptocurrencies.

No.

Theyve all been reading hte accoutns in very fine detail.

Seeing its al of f BS and taking short postions.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

No.

Theyve all been reading hte accoutns in very fine detail.

Seeing its al of f BS and taking short postions.

Privileged information could have been leaked - shorting probably started months ago, might have been triggered on spec when auditors brought in, in which case if openly known about ok otherwise somewhat iffy as only just now are the size of the financial hole being revealed.

Chewing Grass

Perhaps we are not going to build pointless High Speed Rail to get to Londonistan 15 minutes quicker when someone has come up with a Vacuum tube pod that will get from London to Edinburgh at anywhere between 500 & 750 mph.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/07/hyperloop_one_teases_idea_of_50minute_londonedinburgh_ride/

One percent

This shower of shit took over street cleaning and looking after council communal grounds from my local council. We went from some really nice blokes cleaning the streets until they were spotless on a daily basis to leaves not been cleared for months. From manicured lawns outside council block to knee high meadow grass apparently it also cost the council tax payer significantly more. 

I hope they go,bankrupt. 

Bought some for the rebound, risky, profit warnings in 3's and all that, UBS saying could be valued zero, lots of holders flushed out, but 25% of the stock short could be a big squeeze, don't follow me.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The 50p area looks like a key area.

The intraday charts shows some possible support there.

clln.png

1 hour ago, 201p said:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The 50p area looks like a key area.

The intraday charts shows some possible support there.

Bet the pricing of any cash call is already pretty much known or at least evaluated.  £4bn turnover, got to be somewhere where costs can be cut and that turnover has to be worth something so UBS calling for zero valuation is bull plus huge amount of press negativity which can only make the news for so many days, at least that is my thinking. Like I said though don't follow anything I say, I'm a Janus with shares.

• 5 months later...
Chewing Grass
On 10/07/2017 at 10:25, 201p said:

Shares in the infrastructure and construction firm Carillion are down 38% in early trading in the wake of a sales warning.

The company has warned that its annual results would be "below management's previous expectations".

On 10/07/2017 at 10:27, sarahbell said:

Someone I know has just stopped working for them.
He says they have some major issues and have been tweaking accounts for some time.

How wise you two are when 201p picked this up six months ago.

Stockmarket value of Carillion has tanked from £1.6Bn to £61M in 3 years.

The further rub is this:-

The Pension Protection Fund (PPF) is also on alert as the company operates multiple pension schemes, which have 28,500 members and a £580m deficit which will balloon to over £800m if the firm collapses.

Carillion was formed from second rate construction firm Tarmac. They new this so thought a completely new name would be a great wheeze to hide their history.

Carillion is one of those firms that fully intended to maximise their opportunities under New Labour/PFI etc hence their interest in shit stuff like Cleaning Hospitals and School Dinners etc as they diversified from construction into soft-stuff.

As Tarmac is not a good name for school dinners or cleaning that paid another bunch of shysters a shit load of money to dream up a funky new name and logo.

'Where did they get the Carillion name? They might just as well have called it Lozenge or Muskrat and saved whatever Enterprise IG stung them for'

Construction news had them rumbled in 1999.

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/home/where-did-they-get-the-carillion-name-they-might-just-as-well-have-called-it-lozenge-or-muskrat-and-saved-whatever-enterprise-ig-stung-them-for/918642.article

Slightly off-topic but does anyone know if the layman can 'short' stock like hedge funds do? I think this is something I'd be interested in doing, but not a clue if it can be done by just anyone or if you need serious financial clout behind you.

23 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Slightly off-topic but does anyone know if the layman can 'short' stock like hedge funds do? I think this is something I'd be interested in doing, but not a clue if it can be done by just anyone or if you need serious financial clout behind you.

isnt it called spread betting ?

sleepwello'nights
1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Yes, traded options.  http://www.learnmoney.co.uk/options/home.html

Archived