DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

CCN - Amedia company that's bearish on Real Estate

No One

I was browsing in the news section of google for housing-bubble articles when I came by this website. At first I though it was CNN, but after opening it I realised it was something else.

It has a simplified look and a bit of the FT aesthetic but the content is like zerohedge light.

Does anyone know who owns it and runs it? and what their bias is?

Just now, No One said:

I don't want to shill it, it seems good but I'm weary it could be some paid-shill newsoutlet wit some rich man setting an agenda.

You'd know if it was - it would be mainstream media xD

36 minutes ago, Tdog said:

I saw an article in the DT that confirmed house prices are just fine and they're not too high.

Its merely because wages are too low, they should have been jumping 25% a year during the 00s to keep up.

You have to laugh, it's that or cry

Tinfoil hat time, but (as per the above About page) to be "offered the domain" CCN.com and just to buy it like that, is out of reach to the vast majority of people. A three letter .com domain will likely have an asking price well into six figures. Who can just spunk that kind of money on a domain?

48 minutes ago, Tdog said:

I saw an article in the DT that confirmed house prices are just fine and they're not too high.

Its merely because wages are too low, they should have been jumping 25% a year during the 00s to keep up.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy/real-reason-cant-buy-first-home-not-high-prices/

The double think of that writter... if the Income to House price ratio is larger than the past, then 

a houses are too dear

and

b incomes are too low

both true at the same time.

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

Tinfoil hat time, but (as per the above About page) to be "offered the domain" CCN.com and just to buy it like that, is out of reach to the vast majority of people. A three letter .com domain will likely have an asking price well into six figures. Who can just spunk that kind of money on a domain?

Makes sense. That's why I was a bit apprehensive.

3 minutes ago, Tdog said:

I don't think the writer can single think let alone double think.

If food had risen at the same speed 2 litres of milk would be about £3.00, a loaf of bread the same ... etc etc...

I often click on the DT i really don't know why as it has more property bubble blowing nonsense than any other rag and it claims to be high-brow.

Must be a glutton for punishment 

There was a change of staff back in 2012, and it seems the DT has gone to shit slowly ever since.

• 3 months later...
On 03/01/2020 at 17:34, No One said:

I was browsing in the news section of google for housing-bubble articles when I came by this website. At first I though it was CNN, but after opening it I realised it was something else.

It has a simplified look and a bit of the FT aesthetic but the content is like zerohedge light.

Does anyone know who owns it and runs it? and what their bias is?

Update: It seems they let all sorts to post articles on their site. Including this gem:

image.thumb.png.ca0951610e3aa711299cdd498fef6ac5.png

Honestly though, what a pile of shit.

• Many millennials are cheering for a housing market crash on Twitter. They say it will help them afford a home.
  • But they seem heedless of the damage it will cause to current homeowners who face stress and tragedy of foreclosure and displacement.
  • There’s a way for millennials to afford a house of their own whether there’s a housing market crash or not. Work for it.

I would like to tell the author to go suck a dick, but he's probably doing that already.

leonardratso

how very dare you, it took me almost 25 minutes to cut and paste that story from the daily mash onto that website and remove all sarcasm.

Archived