DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

You cannot be sirius

TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-51034291

Sirius bod recommending a 5.5p per share offer. 

Plenty squealing like pigs. 

I took a punt on this at 3.5p.

Sold out for a healthy 50% profit today. 

I doubt many are as happy as I am. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Well, as a long term shareholder whos borrowed against my house and put in my pension ....

All for local jobs mind, not so Id be rich, rich rich$$$$$$$

Ive not, mind.

Load of bollocks.

*IF* they buy then theyll stop the tunnel, bu Boulby off ICL, then run a new tunnel in.

40 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

For 10 years on HPC you said anybody buying shares was a sucker. The market was rigged , the bankers were fixing the market. A quote from you - Anyone being suckered into buying shares on the strenght of that the FTSE always goes up and doubles every ten years.

Have you really bought & sold some SXX shares?

TheCountOfNowhere
14 minutes ago, headrow said:

For 10 years on HPC you said anybody buying shares was a sucker. The market was rigged , the bankers were fixing the market. A quote from you - Anyone being suckered into buying shares on the strenght of that the FTSE always goes up and doubles every ten years.

Have you really bought & sold some SXX shares?

Crazy troll stalker alert. 

Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Crazy troll stalker alert. 

Just do a screen shot of your contract note  and force me into making an apology for doubting you.

TheCountOfNowhere
5 minutes ago, headrow said:

Just do a screen shot of your contract note  and force me into making an apology for doubting you.

tenor.gif

TheCountOfNowhere

There are some right loonies on the Internet, people with serious issues.... You are one of them I'm sorry to say. 

Do you query every post from everyone? 

I've comnented out any info a psycho stalker could use to trace someone. 

You need to get help, seriously. 

You've clearly not been watching. The count left the building some time ago. Long live the count. 

image-5.png.e20beb0021d7e15c7c42a33aa51aebb7.png

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Anyway, getting back on topic, there are some seriously pissed off people on the lse forum.

PI getting completely fleeced again, the tears are epic.

One guy was wondering why AAL didnt loan them the money to build the mine rather than buying the company and having the mine to itself....  The delusions and greed are strong.

3 hours ago, Majorpain said:

PI getting completely fleeced again, the tears are epic.

One guy was wondering why AAL didnt loan them the money to build the mine rather than buying the company and having the mine to itself....  The delusions and greed are strong.

I dont think ive read a stream of insanity, lunacy, general innumeracy and gormless gullibility as the sirius bulletin boards.

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I dont think ive read a stream of insanity, lunacy, general innumeracy and gormless gullibility as the sirius bulletin boards.

There are some choice comments on the local farcebook pages. xD

Lets have a ;lookee

https://www.lse.co.uk/SharePrice.asp?shareprice=SXX&share=Sirius-Minerals

At end of March would we still not own the asset itself? Surely this would be an attractive buy for any investor ant much more than 386million?

Hi
Surely someone will be looking into whether this is all legal if they don't up their initial offer.??

With company accounts showing net assets to the value of 1,693.3 million at 30th June 2019 and so to sell everything we as shareholders legally own for 386 million amounting to 5.5p a share this is not really on is it?

Why is the offer not a fair market value of 15p plus. As shareholders and therefore owners share would you accept 5.5p???????

Got everything crossed that 5.5p isn’t going to happen. I’d take 10p but this 5.5p surely can’t be our last and only option

When I read the RNS yesterday morning, my initial reaction was basically ‘gah!’ – closely followed by ‘not like this… not like this’ [youtube.com/watch?v=QGc-iPc-9dE]

I’ve entirely too much invested in this, mainly as I’ve bought into the dividends tale and have perhaps foolishly been averaging down to try and make myself feel better with an ‘It’ll come back tomorrow attitude’

Anyhow… sticking with that ‘it’ll be fine’ attitude, I had been expecting some amount of dilution to get over this hurdle, rather than a buyout. However, due to our ingeniously creative banking industry, the share price had been trashed to 3.5p. We need to raise £400,000,000. Given that I’ve not seen a single equity raise go with less than a 20% discount to the market – that would have needed…. ~14billion new shares. (nearly 2x the currently issued amount). After yesterdays non-binding RNS, we only need ~9billion new shares. Insulting though the RNS may have been to LTHs, it may have just saved them about a 3rd of the company.

From my somewhat limited experience, takeover bids boost the current market share price, whilst equity raises trash it. It absolutely makes sense to announce any bids before announcing alternative diluting solutions.

Also, as mentioned in the RNS – there is a degree of certainty to having this offer in the public. It will certainly set employees minds at rest (How many people would stay at a company they knew was out of money in less than 3 months???).

I’m holding, in the worst case I get 5.5p and save on trading fees, and there are all manner of potential best cases still to play out.

As with my previous posts I have highlighted that from last accounts Sirius was valued at 1,693.3 million from there total assets.

It seems obvious Anglo American has sufficient finances to offer existing shareholders 5.5p (offering for the whole company only 386million) and have the ability to raise the finance to continue operations thus securing a large financial gain!!!!!

What if they could be honest brokers and either offer fair market value to existing shareholders or indeed buy up all shares that are currently being sold on the stock market at 5.5p. Then with their holding come to the negating table as part owners, just like all remaining shareholders and offer the company a loan! That would see the business through.

This way they still make a lot of money, shareholders are happy to sell or hold their stake. Jobs secure and everyone happy?

With this company valued at 1,693.3 million then 5.5p is just downright unfair.

Be fair - a fair offer to shareholders who have took all the risk and done everything to now.

I can never decide whether the sirius BB are full of idiots or rampers, playing idiots.

Both I think ...

I've not followed this story, or the company, much but thought I'd have a look at the financials for SXX listed on the HL website. First row says it all.... five years of Revenue = "n/a". Any company where revenue is 'not applicable' is to be avoided no? :o

Net assets at end of 2018 listed as half a billion. Yet people on that lse forum saying net assets are now 1.6 billion... how so when revenue is "n/a"?

Fools and their money! Playing with fire and got burnt. 

2 hours ago, BadAlchemy said:

I've not followed this story, or the company, much but thought I'd have a look at the financials for SXX listed on the HL website. First row says it all.... five years of Revenue = "n/a". Any company where revenue is 'not applicable' is to be avoided no? :o

Net assets at end of 2018 listed as half a billion. Yet people on that lse forum saying net assets are now 1.6 billion... how so when revenue is "n/a"?

Fools and their money! Playing with fire and got burnt. 

Most of the assets will be lumps of concrete buried in the ground.

They have no resale value.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/live-updates-after-serious-fire-17537896

fire! fire!

Jasmyn Moore, 28, who owns Vanity hairdressing salon in nearby Staithes, said:

We were worried to start with but then we found out it was a surface fire so we weren’t so worried.

“The post lady said it was on fire so we went out the back and had a look.

There was big,black smoke.

I have got family who work there and they are safe.

Phew! Nothing to worry about .... For a moment I thought people who be burnt n disfigured  for life ..

V

V

V

V

0_WhatsApp-Image-2020-01-09-at-132600jpe

On 08/01/2020 at 17:53, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Anyway, getting back on topic, there are some seriously pissed off people on the lse forum.

I’ve not been on there in ages I might go troll the tw. Guys later

I bet you haven't bought a house yet though, 2p isn't much to brag about

On 08/01/2020 at 16:59, headrow said:

He couldn't even provide a photo of today's French newspaper with either Dosbods or HPC written on it. A bit hard to do from a bedsit in hull I must admit.

Don Coglione
29 minutes ago, maffo said:

I bet you haven't bought a house yet though, 2p isn't much to brag about

He couldn't even provide a photo of today's French newspaper with either Dosbods or HPC written on it. A bit hard to do from a bedsit in hull I must admit.

Northampton, surely, hey Timmy?

Anyone else been following Sirius Minerals? It's a mine in Yorkshire being built to access fertiliser. It's been the darling of many investors and is getting taken over by Anglo American. Some people have lost a lot of money.....

Anyone interested in the psychology of amateur investors should read the forum below....

https://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChat.asp?ShareTicker=SXX&share=Sirius-Minerals

There was an attempt, one of many, to restart tin mining in Cornwall back in the nineties at South Crofty.

Lots of local people subscribed for shares but at reasonable amounts, my Dad put £20 in, and mainly for the romance of the idea and the share certificate with the genuine tin stamp on it.  I'm looking at it now.

As most people half-expected it didn't work but nobody lost big amounts because they could see how unlikely it was to succeed.

In contrast I was amazed to read how many ordinary people in Yorkshire had put their life savings into a similarly risky venture near them.

Yorkshire people being cautious and careful with their money is clearly a thing of the past.

This could, of course, have succeeded but it was unlikely without the huge corporate backing it has now; since being bought out and crystallising a huge loss for investors.

In the world of investments it was always a Lottery Scratchcard.

Mate of mine once bought shares in a company now called Global Coal Management. This was early 2006, somebody at work told him they were cheap but we're in the verge of the Bangladeshi government giving them the go ahead to open a mine and when they did it would make him rich.

He sunk five grand in, almost everything he had. The locals rioted, the government said no and he lost his arse. I'm sure GCM is the right name, Google it, absolute shitshow. That was his one stab at financial independence and he screwed it. If he'd out that five grand in BHP it'd probably be worth about 30 now.

7 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Mate of mine once bought shares in a company now called Global Coal Management. This was early 2006, somebody at work told him they were cheap but we're in the verge of the Bangladeshi government giving them the go ahead to open a mine and when they did it would make him rich.

He sunk five grand in, almost everything he had. The locals rioted, the government said no and he lost his arse. I'm sure GCM is the right name, Google it, absolute shitshow. That was his one stab at financial independence and he screwed it. If he'd out that five grand in BHP it'd probably be worth about 30 now.

That's just reckless.  I fyou don't lnow the markets always buy a tracker instead.

23252986-0-image-a-11_1578690207096.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/investing/article-7874449/Keeping-cool-pays-times-strife-stock-market-delivers.html

In general, if an opportunity requires vast amounts of funding to get going, but will give you multiple returns if it succeeds, then the right thing to do is wait.  Generally, the initial investors will get diluted to nothing, the first-round investors will likely get diluted to not much and the second-round investors will actually have a fair chance of a decent return.  

Archived