DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sony - Is it a good buy?

No One

The chart looks healthy (it is moving up) and a reasonable play. Perhaps you can speculate if it will hold this level above $70.

It is listed in the US and in Japan. Do you have a W8BEN form if you want to buy the US listed shares if you are resident in the UK?

Sony is involved with other stuff, music, films, other tech hardware, TVs etc. So definitely well diversified, and worth looking into more.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2c877f996978d467b04602621abf7dcf.jpg

21 minutes ago, 201p said:

The chart looks healthy (it is moving up) and a reasonable play. Perhaps you can speculate if it will hold this level above $70.

It is listed in the US and in Japan. Do you have a W8BEN form if you want to buy the US listed shares if you are resident in the UK?

Sony is involved with other stuff, music, films, other tech hardware, TVs etc. So definitely well diversified, and worth looking into more.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2c877f996978d467b04602621abf7dcf.jpg

It does look tempting to buy now if I had money that is

All I can do is play with a practice account

• 2 months later...

Not a huge trader, but SONY is definitely a eggs-in-one-basket company and that is one you want to avoid as it's high risk. Unless of course you don't mind high risk...

I can't name any other decent SONY products besides the PlayStation range.. their phones are overpriced and don't sell well at all outside Japan.

Saying that they still have Sony Music I think.

12 hours ago, No One said:

Too late. I have begun trading with 300 quid 

Well, it didn't hold $70.

Some questions...

What is the trade plan? When do you intend to end the trade?

Untitled.thumb.gif.8cf8f1820e77a79ebcf1aabc35b313fb.gif

9 hours ago, 201p said:

Well, it didn't hold $70.

Some questions...

What is the trade plan? When do you intend to end the trade?

Untitled.thumb.gif.8cf8f1820e77a79ebcf1aabc35b313fb.gif

Dunno . So far I’ve made 6 quid.

all shares in an isa of course 

21 hours ago, spunko said:

Not a huge trader, but SONY is definitely a eggs-in-one-basket company and that is one you want to avoid as it's high risk. Unless of course you don't mind high risk...

I can't name any other decent SONY products besides the PlayStation range.. their phones are overpriced and don't sell well at all outside Japan.

Saying that they still have Sony Music I think.

Well PS5 has been revealed yesterday 

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 15:18, Castlevania said:

Depends if they mess up or not. The PS2 and 3 were horrible machines to develop for. PS2 was a roaring success but the PS3 underperformed.

PS4 won the console war. It has totally dominated.

As long as they have exclusive developer Naughty Dog Sony will always have a lead. The Last of Us 2 will be the best selling PS4 title ever (probably).

Edited by Errol

Castlevania
45 minutes ago, Errol said:

PS4 won the console war. It has totally dominated.

As long as they have exclusive developer Naughty Dog Sony will always have a lead. The Last of Us 2 will be the best selling PS4 title ever (probably).

It did. However in the past they’ve been in a dominant position and then messed up the transition to a new console and made things hard for themselves. 

On 22/03/2020 at 00:49, Castlevania said:

It did. However in the past they’ve been in a dominant position and then messed up the transition to a new console and made things hard for themselves. 

I recall even further back when they dominated the portable audio space ie Walkman, failed to move with the times and got destroyed in that segment.

• Agree 1

Well I took a chance and bought a bit, I posted it on my trades thread . We will see what happens.

I put my money where my mouth is .