DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Mark Forum Read button

Inoperational Bumblebee

Inoperational Bumblebee

Just pressed this by accident and now I've lost where I am in all the threads! Very annoying.

Is there a way of 'unclicking' it, or giving us the option to remove it? Is this something anyone else ever uses?

I've never clicked it.

It might be possible to fiddle it by directly editing a cookie file on your computer if that's what determines it - a date and time that gets reset to "now" when you click that button.

However the time taken to establish how to do that probably renders it not worth bothering to try.

I press it all the time by accident and occasionally on purpose. Could a 'are you sure you want to mark this forum as read?' dialogue be added?

Frank Hovis

I often click it.

I don't read every thread; just the ones that I'm interested in.

Once I've caught up then I press it because then I know if there is new content showing in a forum that it genuinely is new and not just something I've previously ignored showing as (still) unread.

It works particularly well for the more minor forums as there are going to be less threads in each of those in which I am interested.

So I vote for keeping it unchanged.

• 2 weeks later...
Carl Fimble

I have pressed it by mistake a few times, only on my phone though I think.

It's shit having my place lost on all the threads. If there is a way a "Are you sure?" dialog box could appear I would like that a lot.

"All read" or "All unread" are bad imo, I like it to keep my place.

Archived