• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Democorruptcy

Minimum price for alcohol starts in Wales March 2nd

2 hours ago, headrow said:

I tried that Perlenbacher once and found it rancid , it is the Pils in the green tin?

Normally with lager i am ready for another can straight after emptying the last , not with that Lidl one , drank all 4 but didn't enjoy it. I shouldn't have bought it , i like the strength to be above 5% at least.

Stella went downhill when they reduced it form 5.2% to 5% and now it is 4.8% and i don't buy it. I get a 4 pack of Tyskie from the Polish shop for £4 , 5.2% abv. Must be selling it duty free cash not rung through the till , doesn't even have how many units on it so it is definitely imported.

That's the one, either it's not to your taste or you're not fully chilling it.  It needs a full twelve hours in the fridge to get there.

I don't like it at room temperature.

15 hours ago, sarahbell said:

So if you order on Amazon does the price go up if you live in Wales

Online retailers have to be on the ball about this kind of thing. I received a "tactical shovel" for xmas and Amazon had placed a delivery note with the courier to confirm my birth date because it includes bladed parts.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's the one, either it's not to your taste or you're not fully chilling it.  It needs a full twelve hours in the fridge to get there.

I don't like it at room temperature.

Lidl and all these other supermarkets are missing a trick i think , none of their lagers are kept in a fridge. It's not ready to drink so i don't bother. When i fancy a beer i go to the corner shop.

36 minutes ago, headrow said:

Lidl and all these other supermarkets are missing a trick i think , none of their lagers are kept in a fridge. It's not ready to drink so i don't bother. When i fancy a beer i go to the corner shop.

Agreed, if I fancy some that evening when driving home then I will pop into a garage or a Spar in preference.

There isn't much pleasure in warm lager.

19 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Agreed, if I fancy some that evening when driving home then I will pop into a garage or a Spar in preference.

There isn't much pleasure in warm lager.

I am time rich and i thought i'd try brewing my own , couldn't get it anything like as good as the tinned stuff so packed it in. As long as i can get a good strong lager at £1 a tin i'm happy.

Got a field behind me full off apples , blackberry , pears . Might try doing a cider one day. Just made a fruit cage for some blackcurrants too.

Just now, RJT1979 said:

shove it in the freezer for 30 mins, does same job, why am i even suggesting this

Done it loads of times and forgot about it. Many times i'm driving home thinking i'll get some beers and then as soon as i'm home i find something else to do and forget about them.

I've found that i only get pissed these days when i'm bored . A day it rains all day and i'm stuck indoors, usually by 4.00pm i'm on the way to the shop.

Bump up for anyone prepping for Brexit/Coronovirus only a month away now, so might as well add some booze?

This week I'm having an Aldi 750ml Cider 6.8 proof @ £1.69 that will be £2.55 minimum next month. A mere 51% increase!

On 17/01/2020 at 13:13, headrow said:

Morrisons have tons of chilled drinks of all sorts.

Lots of empty chiller space due to online orders

On 17/01/2020 at 12:25, Lightly Toasted said:

Online retailers have to be on the ball about this kind of thing. I received a "tactical shovel" for xmas and Amazon had placed a delivery note with the courier to confirm my birth date because it includes bladed parts.

I bought a tiny penknife off amazon recently and had to show a bemused eastern European delivery driver my passport, so that he could confirm that i wasn't a teenage gang member buying a zombie knife.

xD

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-06363-Knife-Rambler-Quatro/dp/B000NUUUES/ref=asc_df_B000NUUUES/

41LhBacod2L._AC_SY400_.jpg

6 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I bought a tiny penknife off amazon recently and had to show a bemused eastern European delivery driver my passport, so that he could confirm that i wasn't a teenage gang member buying a zombie knife.

xD

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-06363-Knife-Rambler-Quatro/dp/B000NUUUES/ref=asc_df_B000NUUUES/

41LhBacod2L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Whilst I am entirely scrupulous about keeping things in order - I have never for example had an odd sock - I have had ?three of those Swiss army knives and they have all disappeared.

Possibly that could be a second internet purchase this year.

17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Whilst I am entirely scrupulous about keeping things in order - I have never for example had an odd sock - I have had ?three of those Swiss army knives and they have all disappeared.

Possibly that could be a second internet purchase this year.

The little ones that size are best put on your keys, which keeps them on you and stops then getting lost. That particular model (the "rambler") is good because both the knife and the scissors are opposite the keyring so you can use them easily without taking the knife off your keys.

I wouldn't buy off amazon though because of the faff of having to be in to receive the delivery to show them your passport.

xD

40 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I bought a Swiss knife off Amazon, and it was just delvered like anything else.

They changed the policy recently. All knives of any kind - even teeny tiny ones - now have to be signed for by somebody who can prove that they're over 18.

It's a pain in the arse, but still better than ebay's (UK only) policy of no knives at all.