• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

NHS #1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40608253

' The UK health service was praised for its safety, affordability and efficiency, but fared less well on outcomes such as preventing early death and cancer survival. '

No Singapore in those figures?

It affordable - well, yes, to half the 3rd world using it. Not to the tax payers paying for it.

Its great. Apart it does not seem to add much to making you better.

The survey needs to record timeliness/access to healthcare. Its no good having a health system that is, nominally, open to all, when no fucker can get an appointment to enter the system in the first place.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

' The UK health service was praised for its safety, affordability and efficiency, but fared less well on outcomes such as preventing early death and cancer survival. '

It affordable - well, yes, to half the 3rd world using it. Not to the tax payers paying for it.

The survey needs to record timeliness/access to healthcare. Its no good having a health system that is, nominally, open to all, when no fucker can get an appointment to enter the system in the first place.

So in summary, it's cheap but pretty rubbish. Pays yer money and takes yer choice I suppose. Just think, along with our education system, it was the envy of the world.

what a fucking mess 

The NHS is great for routine stuff like asthma and less routine stuff that has easily recognisable symptoms/shows up in the usual blood tests. Anything outside of that and you'll struggle to convince them that you're actually ill and when you do you'll end up with a fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome diagnosis if your symptoms include pain and fatigue. I've had a constant tingling all over my body since February, it's taken my face going numb for the last week to get referred for an MRI. A neurologist ruled out MS without having seen me a few months ago so my neurological symptoms haven't been completely ignored. Luckily I figured out it's Lyme disease and have found a doctor who will treat my once I get my liver enzymes down a bit - pretty sure the NHS would have eventually killed me otherwise.

Edited by This Time
Ketbaord

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Agreed - it is a shambles.

Every person I meet - without exception - can tell me an NHS horror-story about someone in their immediate family.

In my case, that would be my dad -  who they finally managed to finish-off in February.

The tales I have been told by everyday people I meet can often be very difficult to listen to - as the truth often is - but these stories bear witness to the true state of our NHS in 2017.

Being over-50, I get regular letters from my local GP asking why I haven't yet attended one of their "well man" clinics for people of my age-group..?

Because I am a well man - and the longer I avoid you fuckers, the more likely that is to remain the case...!

If I attend, it's odds-on you bastards will find something "wrong" with me - from high-cholesterol to high blood-pressure - I'm sure I'll score 10 out of 10 on at least one of your "you'll need some tablets for the rest of your life" tests.

Sorry, but I ain't coming anywhere near your friggin' surgery...!

I'll drag myself up the hospital steps to see you lot when I've been stabbed in three places and am about to pass-out due to the loss of blood.

But until then, you can fuck right off...!

XYY

This is spot on. Keep away from the useless f*ckers unless you really have to see one. They all just want to put you on longterm meds, they never suggest regime or dietary changes when half the time you can cure yourself - you're better off watching the smug annoying Michael Moseley and putting some of his ideas into practice than seeing a GP. Medics are good for emergencies but for chronic or everyday ailments they have sold themselves to the pharma industry.

However what you lot in the UK need to know is that the medics in other countries are NOT better - same old shit but bigger bills!

37 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Having just waited 1 hour and 10

mins beyond my appointment time for a needless appointment for an asthma medication prescription I am pretty certain that the NHS exists to serve immigrants. Of the 50-70 people (there are 3 different surgeries at my local health centre) who were in the waiting area during my visit, a good 80% of them were either foreign looking or had foreign names. Actually it may well have been 90%. There were a couple of black guys but to be fair they were serving members of the armed forces, being dressed in their uniforms, accompanying their black wives and babies to the appointment. No issue with them.

The rest were: Lots of Nepalese, Indians, a couple of Arabic looking families, a few africans, one guy looked maori but that may have been the neck tattoos, a few Asians - Chinese and fillipino. There were only about 6 white people, 7 if you count me.

I was none too pleased to wait 25 minutes for the first person to be called to see my doctor - just wtf was the previous patient doing taking 25 mins+? It states that the appointment is for 10 minutes. The next to be called was an elderly Nepalese who took 15 minutes. Then another one who took 30 minutes for her 10 minute appointment. When I finally got in to see the doctor I made a comment as to the fact that I thought her previous patient had died or something as they were in so long. She didn't laugh and got a bit shitty with me. Turns out she was German ( sounded like it to me).  What fucking benefit is it to employ EU doctors if all they are doing is seeing an ever-increasing number of immigrants?

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Every person I meet - without exception - can tell me an NHS horror-story about someone in their immediate family.

In my case, that would be my dad -  who they finally managed to finish-off in February.

The tales I have been told by everyday people I meet can often be very difficult to listen to - as the truth often is - but these stories bear witness to the true state of our NHS in 2017.

Being over-50, I get regular letters from my local GP asking why I haven't yet attended one of their "well man" clinics for people of my age-group..?

Because I am a well man - and the longer I avoid you fuckers, the more likely that is to remain the case...!

If I attend, it's odds-on you bastards will find something "wrong" with me - from high-cholesterol to high blood-pressure - I'm sure I'll score 10 out of 10 on at least one of your "you'll need some tablets for the rest of your life" tests.

I'll drag myself up the hospital steps to see you lot when I've been stabbed in three places and am about to pass-out due to the loss of blood.

XYY

The local hospital managed to lose my Dads blood sample 5 continuous times. Over a period of about 6 months. A van arrives at the surgery, takes the samples and then ..... no one seems to know or care about the last bit.

In the end, his GP was paying a visit to another patient, so took my Dad with him and oversaw the blood sample and filing.

In response to 'This Time' - No, it doesn't do the the routine bits well. Or, rather, some will do it, others wont. If they dont do it well, well, they are Nurses and Drs so beyond getting he sack.

XYY's comment on the pills is a bit issue. Mam worked at an old folks home. Most were one a constant stream of pills - 5-10 different pills, 3-4 times a day 'Ee shake me and ill rattle'.

There's no way on earth that the pills are effective when took in such large quantities with so many other different pills. Its physiologically impossible.

Stuff like high blood pressure - get the person to lose wieght/change diet FFS, dont start putting them on pills.

13 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

If I attend, it's odds-on you bastards will find something "wrong" with me - from high-cholesterol to high blood-pressure - as I'm sure I'll score 10 out of 10 on at least one of your "you'll need some tablets for the rest of your life" tests.

XYY

Is probably the best approach if you wish to live longer. 

Yet another story surfaced today about statins. They will add FOUR DAYS to your life if taken for five years. Excellent value for money 

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/828448/statins-warning-heart-medicine-fail-harms-health-study-reveals

4 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Having just waited 1 hour and 10

mins beyond my appointment time for a needless appointment for an asthma medication prescription I am pretty certain that the NHS exists to serve immigrants. Of the 50-70 people (there are 3 different surgeries at my local health centre) who were in the waiting area during my visit, a good 80% of them were either foreign looking or had foreign names. Actually it may well have been 90%. There were a couple of black guys but to be fair they were serving members of the armed forces, being dressed in their uniforms, accompanying their black wives and babies to the appointment. No issue with them.

The rest were: Lots of Nepalese, Indians, a couple of Arabic looking families, a few africans, one guy looked maori but that may have been the neck tattoos, a few Asians - Chinese and fillipino. There were only about 6 white people, 7 if you count me.

I was none too pleased to wait 25 minutes for the first person to be called to see my doctor - just wtf was the previous patient doing taking 25 mins+? It states that the appointment is for 10 minutes. The next to be called was an elderly Nepalese who took 15 minutes. Then another one who took 30 minutes for her 10 minute appointment. When I finally got in to see the doctor I made a comment as to the fact that I thought her previous patient had died or something as they were in so long. She didn't laugh and got a bit shitty with me. Turns out she was German ( sounded like it to me).  What fucking benefit is it to employ EU doctors if all they are doing is seeing an ever-increasing number of immigrants?

For asthma I don't know why you bother. I guess you know what you need (ventolin?) if like me you have been taking it since childhood.

I ordered 3 inhalers from a private online doc yesterday - £27 inc. delivery. Turned up first thing this morning.

So much less hassle.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

For asthma I don't know why you bother. I guess you know what you need (ventolin?) if like me you have been taking it since childhood.

I ordered 3 inhalers from a private online doc yesterday - £27 inc. delivery. Turned up first thing this morning.

So much less hassle.

I am thinking this is the best way. How does it work?

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

So much less hassle.

Because its a make work scheme.

The surgery does not have to do anything.

Just ask patient to turn up, sit and wait, then sign a bit of paper which the patient could have done himself, online and picked up at Tesco.

Just now, One percent said:

Is probably the best approach if you wish to live longer. 

Yet another story surfaced today about statins. They will add FOUR DAYS to your life if taken for five years. Excellent value for money 

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/828448/statins-warning-heart-medicine-fail-harms-health-study-reveals

Statins only make people better at all due to their anti-inflammatory properties - artificially lowering cholesterol is actively bad. There is zero evidence that cholesterol is bad, it's just a marker for things that are bad. It's like seeing police at the scene of a crime and assuming that they're responsible.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

So much less hassle.

Massive row with asthma nurse the other week.  Would only write me a prescription for one inhaler when a prescription for two is what I normally get and is the same money. The reason was that I really couldn't be trusted to medicate myself and so they had to be rationed. Ffs. I hardly get any and only wanted a bloody prescription because my inhalers were out of date. Oh, and the fucking lazy cow turned up 20 minutes late - I was the first appointment. Fuckwittery at its best. 

Anyhow, on a calmer note, could you pm me details of where and how to get these privately. Cheers. 😊

1 minute ago, This Time said:

Statins only make people better at all due to their anti-inflammatory properties - artificially lowering cholesterol is actively bad. There is zero evidence that cholesterol is bad, it's just a marker for things that are bad. It's like seeing police at the scene of a crime and assuming that they're responsible.

😂😳

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

Massive row with asthma nurse the other week.  Would only write me a prescription for one inhaler when a prescription for two is what I normally get and is the same money. The reason was that I really couldn't be trusted to medicate myself and so they had to be rationed. Ffs. I hardly get any and only wanted a bloody prescription because my inhalers were out of date. Oh, and the fucking lazy cow turned up 20 minutes late - I was the first appointment. Fuckwittery at its best. 

Anyhow, on a calmer note, could you pm me details of where and how to get these privately. Cheers. 😊

😂😳

Can you abuse asthma inhalers?

Hardly Fenatalyn or whatever that merkin chem smack is.

Just now, spygirl said:

No it makes you feel a bit weird.  I've done it a couple of times when I had a really bad attack and needed steroids. It ain't gonna kill you though. Just a stupid nurse with too few brain cells 

Just now, One percent said:

No it makes you feel a bit weird.  I've done it a couple of times when I had a really bad attack and needed steroids. It ain't gonna kill you though. Just a stupid nurse with too few brain cells 

Saying that .... Im sure someone is boro has managed to have a habit forming inhaler problems.

Just go to boro bus station - 'Wight luv, you got any any inhalers? My brothers after any spare PrepH'

Had one of those over 45 health checks a couple of years ago. Apparently I am physically 'inactive' because I only do about 1 hour of housework and zero hours of DIY in a week. Seriously, that was their measure of activity for an objectively very fit male

Edited by Panther

7 minutes ago, the gardener said:

I am thinking this is the best way. How does it work?

I use www.healthexpress.co.uk. You fill in an online form, a doctor checks it, issues a prescription and they send you the inhalers.

Takes a few minutes the first time and then you may have to answer another couple of questions when you re-order.

19 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I doubt it. They are over the counter medicine in most of Europe. They cost 3 euros each in Portugal so the NHS is making a profit on them if you have to pay,

8 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I doubt it. They are over the counter medicine in most of Europe. They cost 3 euros each in Portugal so the NHS is making a profit on them if you have to pay,

God I hate this bloody country. Lazy feckers get their prescriptions for nothing, those that pay tax, pay again and the NHS feels that it is appropriate to stick on a massive markup. Feckers. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

God I hate this bloody country. Lazy feckers get their prescriptions for nothing, those that pay tax, pay again and the NHS feels that it is appropriate to stick on a massive markup. Feckers. 

An interesting point in Portugal is that only pharmacies can sell any kind of drug - I think including aspirin. Supermarkets are not allowed to. This means that everyone visits the chemist frequently and there is one in almost every village.

2 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

This is spot on. Keep away from the useless f*ckers unless you really have to see one. They all just want to put you on longterm meds, they never suggest regime or dietary changes when half the time you can cure yourself - you're better off watching the smug annoying Michael Moseley and putting some of his ideas into practice than seeing a GP. Medics are good for emergencies but for chronic or everyday ailments they have sold themselves to the pharma industry.

However what you lot in the UK need to know is that the medics in other countries are NOT better - same old shit but bigger bills!

Oh aye I've heard all sorts of horror stories of the twatery of medics in other countries, and yup same or worse shit but bigger bills

I've got a dermatological condition that's relatively common and easy to treat but of left too long can get very nasty and painful. It can also cause scarring.

First went to the GP - Around January last year.

Five more appointments, each time prescribing two weeks of antibiotics. Not enough, even the net said it has to be at least six weeks. Condition returned toute suite.

Went back to GP at the start of this year and begged for a referral as it was now starting to scar. He took pity and gave me six weeks of antibiotics to clear it up before seeing the consultant.

One month waiting to see GP. 

Eight weeks before referral letter came through (antibiotics long done, condition slowly returning)

The referral appointment is three months away.

So that's around a year and a half to treat a relatively simple issue and we're still not done yet.

I'll be paying for it in future, it quite simply doesn't work for the smaller stuff, so much so it's pointless even trying. 

There is a definate postcode lottery in place with the NHS but unless I fall on my chainsaw, I'll have to be having a very bad day to even think of relying on it.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

Just ordered two Ventolin inhalers online for ~£18 delivered. Assuming they arrive ok then I'll be doing that from now on. Pretty much same price as on prescription and I don't have to cock about, waste the best part of two hours of my time, pay £1.20 parking and fret about getting a £60 fine for overstaying via the ANPR cameras in the health centre car park.

This country is shit. Much of it due to excessive immigration.