• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Frank Hovis

£50k to leave the country - wouldja?

This has cropped up in the most recent of The Sun's hounding of Karen Matthews stories. I don't see why they keep hounding her for being nothing other than a greedy amoral liar; it's not like she killed or even assaulted anyone. But I digress.

She has now been offered £50k to leave the country; it appears to be genuine and from a local who wants her out of their town.

If you were in a similar position - skint, jobless, aged about fifty - would you take it up and where would you go?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10772215/donor-offers-karen-matthews-50k-leave-britain/

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This has cropped up in the most recent of The Sun's hounding of Karen Matthews stories. I don't see why they keep hounding her for being nothing other than a greedy amoral liar; it's not like she killed or even assaulted anyone. But I digress.

She has now been offered £50k to leave the country; it appears to be genuine and from a local who wants her out of their town.

If you were in a similar position - skint, jobless, aged about fifty - would you take it up and where would you go?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10772215/donor-offers-karen-matthews-50k-leave-britain/

And when she's spent it all and come back?

Just now, sarahbell said:

And when she's spent it all and come back?

As I said I don't see why she is viewed as such a problem.  She's no danger or threat to anyone.

She tried a scam, didn't realise how distasteful most would find it, and failed.

Nobody was hurt, nobody died.

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

If there was somewhere I'd like to move to with 50K, I'd already have done so.

In a similar position to her though.

I've seen clickbait ads about places to which you can apparently retire with $150k.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

An unemployed (and presumably unemployable) 50 year old? I still think the UK would be the best place to be in that situation because of the befits situation.

50k isn't gonna be enough to live out the rest of your days somewhere cheap. At best it's enough to allow you to spend a couple of years building a life getting established somewhere new - but that's going to be rough if you're 50 with no marketable skills.

Edited by JoeDavola

2 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

30-40k nowadays is the average price for a wedding.  Maybe she could marry into a country.

There are usually favorable terms for the reasobly bent.

55 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No country  accepts crims.

Besudes, een without kids, 50k is less than 4 years bennies.

48 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

As I said I don't see why she is viewed as such a problem.  She's no danger or threat to anyone.

She tried a scam, didn't realise how distasteful most would find it, and failed.

Nobody was hurt, nobody died.

I've seen clickbait ads about places to which you can apparently retire with $150k.

Equally, shes not a positive, in any way

Entirely benefit dependent and as thick as fuck n twice as ugly.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No country  accepts crims.

Besudes, een without kids, 50k is less than 4 years bennies.

Bring your criminal record to the airport, and a bit of a bung.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes i would take it ,where would i go France to the nearest boat yard and i would back in blighty within the week claiming asylum

How does that saying go a fool and their money.....

Edited by Long time lurking

Ok, how much for this one?

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/pervert-snared-volunteers-group-tried-16854770

0_COURT-SNATCH-NO-PICTURE-CREDITMichael-

Judge Simon Bourne-Arton QC, the Recorder of Middlesbrough, said Hudson tried to meet a 13-year-old for sexual activity.

"You are now in a state of denial about that," he said to the defendant.

"In the pre-sentence report you indicated that you had no interest in having sex with her, had no interest in sexual activity with young girls.

"That is a state of denial. You clearly were going to meet her with that purpose in mind.

"You're now 49, you've never had a job, you live on your own having had a short marriage. And you've got a problem, a problem that needs to be dealt with."

50 years old, never had a fucking job.

£50k is about 2 years of bennies for her ilk, so I doubt she'll take it. 

As for why they keep harassing her I don't know, I suspect Fleet Street decides together who they'll harass. Although there was the story the other week with her planning to marry a convicted paedophile, no idea if true or not. 

43 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Ok, how much for this one?

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/pervert-snared-volunteers-group-tried-16854770

0_COURT-SNATCH-NO-PICTURE-CREDITMichael-

Judge Simon Bourne-Arton QC, the Recorder of Middlesbrough, said Hudson tried to meet a 13-year-old for sexual activity.

"You are now in a state of denial about that," he said to the defendant.

"In the pre-sentence report you indicated that you had no interest in having sex with her, had no interest in sexual activity with young girls.

"That is a state of denial. You clearly were going to meet her with that purpose in mind.

"You're now 49, you've never had a job, you live on your own having had a short marriage. And you've got a problem, a problem that needs to be dealt with."

50 years old, never had a fucking job.

"He's effectively lost the life as he knew it."

😳

0_FSR_MGA_161013arton_01.jpg

8 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

"He's effectively lost the life as he knew it."

😳

0_FSR_MGA_161013arton_01.jpg 0_FSR_MGA_161013arton_01.jpg

I know.

He must live in a bedsit in Norton. A place where they think Stockton is posh.

Sending him to jail would be a step up the social ladder....

5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

If she's going to go she'll have to get a move on. The only places that will take her with that criminal record will be EU countries under freedom of movement up until December 31 2020 and, even then, quite a few won't take her since they apply national interest rules in a way the UK seems incapable of doing.

Edited by TheBlueCat

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

No.

£50k is not enough for anybody to tell me what to do.

50k would last someone like her a couple of months. Probably go out and buy a porsche. Realize she has no driving licence, then spend the rest on taxis, televisions and takeaways.

I remember the cleverclogs going on about trump 'only' being worth a couple of billion...saying 'he be no poorer than that if he'd just stuck his fathers inheritance in the S&P 500'

1) Surely thats a pretty good achievement. Keeping pace with the top 500 companies

2) Given trumps lifestyle..private jets, women, cost of maintaining his estates, its fair to set he likely extracts a fair bit from his businesses anyway. 

People have no idea of how difficult it is to stay rich. Most of these chav lottery winners end up broke again within a decade.