• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

'The World really has lost the plot' Thread

Not political correctness - just total fuckwittery.

Thought I would kick off with this one...

'A PHOTOGRAPHER claims he has been left broke after being “sued” by a monkey.

David Slater says he has got so little cash left after a £200,000 legal fight he is considering becoming a dog walker.' 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/us-news/4015962/photographer-sued-by-monkey-over-copyright-of-selfie-left-broke-after-200k-legal-fight-with-animal-rights-loons/

He was taken to court by animal rights group PETA which claims the creature owns the copyright to a picture.

It was taken in Indonesia when David persuaded the macaque to press a camera shutter.

It was thought to be a male called Naruto but David’s lawyer, Angela Dunning, said PETA was “not even sure they have the right monkey”.

After the latest hearing in San Francisco, David of Chepstow, Monmouthshire, said: “Surely it matters that the right monkey is suing me.”

Photographer ‘sued’ by monkey over copyright of selfie left broke after £200k legal fight with animal rights loons

The thing is comedians, saw this coming a long time ago. Free speech etc - they hit the ceiling quickly and soon they can't tell jokes about anyone or anything which could cause offence.

Now we have people in media, the very left leaning side of industry coming up to a wall too with these types of incidents. Equal rights for all, but some people/things are more equal than others.

That was from

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others (Animal Farm, George Orwell)

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

If any of my fellow DOSBODders are the subject of legal moves on them by monkeys - then please PM me your details.

Trust me - I know people who can make these things go-away...

XYY

Do you know a banana importer?

So if the case succeeds and the monkey gets plenty of money awarded PETA will have to set up an organistion/trust so that the monkey can benefit from it (I assume they must know that if the monkey wins the monkey won't just take satisfaction from that alone and say donate the money entirely to a charity of its choice - maybe a charity called PETA, I guess that could form a separate legal battle, what does the monkey want to do with the money).

It sounds as if to be certain that the monkey benefits from the money they'll have to keep it in captivity and PETA will have to employ people to feed and generally "look after" it.  As an aside isn't that the conundrum that humans also face with regard to money and living in the mad house

Edited by twocents

Some more examples where the media are becoming unstuck, even if they thought it was well meaning.

Vogue sorry for Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik 'gender fluid' claim

_96932714_zayn_vogue2.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40608053

An LGBT+ organisation has apologised after some of the messages it created to publicise a forthcoming gay pride campaign were criticised.

Untitled.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40446096

Edited by 201p

4 hours ago, 201p said:

Some more examples where the media are becoming unstuck, even if they thought it was well meaning.

An LGBT+ organisation has apologised after some of the messages it created to publicise a forthcoming gay pride campaign were criticised.

Untitled.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40446096

Not the precious bodily fluids referred to by the Air Force general in Dr Strangelove then.

The so called LGBT protest organisations seem to be at the stage in those organistaions' development where they have to invent grievances against so called straights in order for the organisations to survive - yet huge swathes of them don't recognise the real threat to them developing on their doorstep.

Edited by twocents

And on a link from that story LGBT marchers in Chicago harassing LGBT Jews.

I love the "unsafe" lie, the people being verbally abused were the Jews. They're the ones entitled to feel unsafe.

The way the left / SJWs hate Jews because of Israel is unreal. Why are they fine about Saudi Arabia bombing hospitals in Yemen, sending tanks against towns of its own minority religions, and imprisoning people for being gay yet hate Israel for being tolerant of gays and other religions for building settlements?

Organisers of an LGBT-rights festival in Chicago are being accused of anti-Semitism after they expelled marchers carrying the Star of David.

The rainbow flags with the Jewish symbol "made people feel unsafe", an organiser told the Windy City Times.

Laurel Grauer said she was told to leave the so-called Dyke March "because my flag was a trigger to people that they found offensive".

The organisers later hit back, saying Israel hides behind LGBT-rights.

"It was a flag from my congregation which celebrates my queer, Jewish identity which I have done for over a decade marching in the Dyke March with the same flag," Ms Grauer told Windy City Times.

Ms Grauer, who works for A Wider Bridge, which supports LGBT people in Israel, said she lost count of how many times she was verbally harassed by other marchers on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-40407057

On 15/07/2017 at 06:39, 201p said:

With Identity Politics the ownership of the pitch is always jealously guarded; like black cabs and Uber. After all, there's money at stake.

Agreed. I think there is some resentment of becoming "mainstream", and being used for political and commercial gain.

As soon as something becomes just another thing to be exploited, marketed, and sold, the value and uniqueness is eroded.

On 7/15/2017 at 06:39, 201p said:

Occasionally, I read stuff on the net and it makes me think that life would be better off without it altogether.

23e.gif

I heard from one of the keepers at Tycross that one of the Gibbons named Mick was preparing a leadership challenge to Treason May. Apparently he has cross party support from the Gorillas, Orangutans and Chimps as well as a strong backing from the baboon enclosure.