DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Im on the dole

spygirl

Whistle to the same tune as Im in the money.

https://news.sky.com/story/sainsburys-chief-executive-mike-coupe-to-retire-11914738

Sainsbury's has announced its chief executive Mike Coupe is to retire, less than a year after its bid to merge with rival Asda was blocked.

Mr Coupe said in a statement: "This has been a very difficult decision for me personally.

Bet it wasnt a difficult decision for the board.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-e&q=sainsbury+share+price

You don't get dole if you voluntarily leave your job.  Now, he might have got away with it if he'd kept quiet, but he's gone and blabbed to everyone so they'll know about it.

Still, I think he'll be okay for a few months at least.

2 hours ago, dgul said:

You don't get dole if you voluntarily leave your job.  Now, he might have got away with it if he'd kept quiet, but he's gone and blabbed to everyone so they'll know about it.

Still, I think he'll be okay for a few months at least.

is that really a rule, i left loads of jobs and claimed the dole for a few weeks here and there, never been asked if i was fired

2 hours ago, RJT1979 said:

is that really a rule, i left loads of jobs and claimed the dole for a few weeks here and there, never been asked if i was fired

It is really a rule, but there doesn't seem to be any active management of checking why you left.

I can't see how Sainsbury's can turn it around, they bring nothing to the table that's not already done better or cheaper elsewhere. Their marketing is also a mess. Are they going after budget brands or waitrose? Hard to tell. 

That story about them being the cheapest supermarket the other day was presumably a joke. 

20 minutes ago, spunko said:

I can't see how Sainsbury's can turn it around, they bring nothing to the table that's not already done better or cheaper elsewhere. Their marketing is also a mess. Are they going after budget brands or waitrose? Hard to tell. 

That story about them being the cheapest supermarket the other day was presumably a joke. 

was only by 54p, so just a lucky mix of goods if it was accurate (which i doubt).

16 minutes ago, spunko said:

They cant.

Sisbury hasnt been 'sainsbury' for ~10 years.

Its the 'store formerly known as sainsbury owned by a ayrab investment fund'.

And this is significant.

The Sada pitch was lazy arse attempt by Sainsbury  board to scale up, in the vague hope theyll get some pricing margins back. And the Walmart board at getting rid of an underperformer.

It was always going to fail as its so obviously anti trust/competition.

Saisnbury aswas had one last attempt at a scaling up, deploying in the 'north'. That did not fix their problems, which is they cannot get margins as their management/logisitics are just not that good.

Now Sainsbury has to scale back massively. Expect a new thread - Sainsbury lists of Shit towns.

The cheapets super market woudl have been a fluke as the entire management were tied up with a merger that was never going to happen, the core business went to shit, as they ignore sorting out pricing and just drifted.

Reluctantly (as a shareholder), I agree with Spy.

I always liked Sainsburys as a supermarket, they used to hit the balance between price, quality and ambiance better than any competitor. In the last few years, however, the stores have turned to shit, pricing has jumped and quality diminished.

I still don't believe that they are as fucked as Waitrose though.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived