DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic log - please only post if you or someone close to you gets the lurgy

wherebee

2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Put a fake virus QR code in your phone 

I'm going to try this next time I am in tesco 

Have you got a club card sir? Fuck yeah scan this bad little motorscooter. 

Remember if their till crashes your stuff's all free it's the law. Not really... 

What an utter spiffing wheeze!:P

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy
5 hours ago, DocH said:

I don't believe it's a textually-transmitted disease, is it?

Those diseases are getting smarter by the day, throw in a bit of Ai and computers taking over and anything might be possible.

I saw a thing the other day where people were turned into flesh eating zombies just because they had used a mobile phone!

2 hours ago, Stuey said:

Ah you live on Teeside and know their disgusting habits 

I wasn’t thinking of the beer, I was thinking of these. I’m a child of the 70’s.

5520E5D9-43E5-4EF8-A7FA-B1C243639B1A.jpeg

Edited by Battenberg
  • Agree 6

Happy Renting
5 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I wasn’t thinking of the beer, I was thinking of these. I’m a child of the 70’s.

Quick, get your deposits back before coronavirus gets you.

• Lol 1

OurDayWillCome
36 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

The virus is in the fourth from our left.

Alonso Quijano
39 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Ah that big 70s hit My Carona by The Knackered.

21 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Ah that big 70s hit My Carona by The Knackered.

:D

That pic pose a serious risk the thread will derail into "what was your favourite corona pop flavour" nostalgia. (Mine was dandelion and burdock.)

Another risk is we could get infected with "it" (the virus) on here as somebody has suggested it can enter the body through the EYES! So I think putting on protective googles when reading is a good idea. (I just have my glasses on for now.)

I haven't got "it" (the virus) yet ...  but it has arrived in my country of residence. (France.) Both cases nicely far away. Phew!

Edited by whocares
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Happy Renting
16 minutes ago, whocares said:

:D

That pic pose a serious risk the thread will derail into "what was your favourite corona pop flavour" nostalgia. (Mine was dandelion and burdock.)

Another risk is we could get infected with "it" (the virus) on here as somebody has suggested it can enter the body through the EYES! So I think putting on protective googles when reading is a good idea. (I just have my glasses on for now.)

I haven't got "it" (the virus) yet ...  but it has arrived in my country of residence. (France.) Both cases nicely far away. Phew!

It can enter via any mucous membrane, so a butt plug is also required.

That's my excuse anyway.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

It can enter via any mucous membrane, so a butt plug is also required.

That's my excuse anyway.

Would you like to compare notes?  Asking for a friend. o.O

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I've ordered a massive Chinese off ''Just Eat'' to build my resistance up...

XYY

In all seriousness - this Pandemic can’t be doing Chinese Takeaways any favours. I bet a few go under because of the Whuhanflu ** outbreak.  There was a time at Chinese New Year, when I’d take the family down to ‘Chinatown’ , and we’d join in the celebrations and feast on Chinese buffet style etc. Not a chance of that now - proper Meat and 2 veg now. (Without the meat of course - with it being Vegananuary  and all that shite).

** It appears Coronavirus is the only name that has stuck. Not ‘Wuhanflu’. Doesn’t do it justice I suppose - mind they had Spanish Flu and that was pretty nasty.

3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

has chinese medicine come out with which rare animal body part we need to consume yet ?

2 hours ago, Vendetta said:

** It appears Coronavirus is the only name that has stuck. Not ‘Wuhanflu’. Doesn’t do it justice I suppose - mind they had Spanish Flu and that was pretty nasty.

Wuhan flu is a dumb name because coronaviruses are not flu (influenza) viruses, they are completely different biological species. Spanish flu actually was an influenza virus. Calling a coronavirus flu is only going to confuse people, make them think that vaccines or drugs that work against flu will work against coronavirus when they will not because the viruses are too different.

• Agree 1

On a packed flight from Amsterdam yesterday afternoon with half the other passengers being ethnic Chinese. Apparently it might be because we've just had Chinese New Year so half the planet is now travelling back home.

Woke this morning to a sore throat and a waxoyled nose. 

Nice knowing you guys.

6 minutes ago, Melchett said:

On a packed flight from Amsterdam yesterday afternoon with half the other passengers being ethnic Chinese. Apparently it might be because we've just had Chinese New Year so half the planet is now travelling back home.

Woke this morning to a sore throat and a waxoyled nose. 

Nice knowing you guys.

new year is 25th, you'll be ok

I have a bit of flu like symptoms coming on.  What happens next here?  Do I need to submit a sick note to this thread?  A lab report?  Put something in my will? 

Would have been an odd thread without the DOSBOD imagination and sense of humour.  Would also be sad if I'm done given I spent yesterday prepping (if not for this one, then the next one).

18 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

new year is 25th, you'll be ok

The guy at the garage disagreed. He says I might need my struts and my ball joint replacing. There was much sucking of teeth on the phone.

12 minutes ago, Harley said:

I have a bit of flu like symptoms coming on.  What happens next here?  Do I need to submit a sick note to this thread?  A lab report?  Put something in my will? 

Would have been an odd thread without the DOSBOD imagination and sense of humour.  Would also be sad if I'm done given I spent yesterday prepping (if not for this one, then the next one).

you'll be ok, it's not flu

7 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

f2dd87dc-0b8c-11e6-b8ab-30cd2474e1b0_128

One special order mista xyy. you pay pay me round eyed devil.

• Lol 2

Happy Renting
4 hours ago, Vendetta said:

In all seriousness - this Pandemic can’t be doing Chinese Takeaways any favours. I bet a few go under because of the Whuhanflu ** outbreak.  There was a time at Chinese New Year, when I’d take the family down to ‘Chinatown’ , and we’d join in the celebrations and feast on Chinese buffet style etc. Not a chance of that now - proper Meat and 2 veg now. (Without the meat of course - with it being Vegananuary  and all that shite).

Spanish flu wasn't Spanish.

4 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Threes a Chinese Chinese kid at mrspsys school.

He turned  up only speaking one phrase - 'Hi there!'

I think he lives iin a room above a takeaways  with his mum and several other family members.

Hes got a cold at the moment.

The schools was discussing going into some some lockdown/biological hazard zone

Never put fat stupid  public sector  women in control of stuff.

• Agree 4