DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic log - please only post if you or someone close to you gets the lurgy

wherebee

17 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

so sounds like this worse cold ever that's going round is actually the coof and for vaccine reputation protection reasons it's being called a cold.

More like it's just a cold, but the double vaxxed, soon to be boosterized immune system is on it's last legs so can't mount a defence against it so you get "the worst cold ever!".

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

sarahbell
10 hours ago, jm51 said:

I've not noticed any hacking and coughing when I'm out shopping. I guess bus passengers round here have learned to stifle coughs. :)

The cough is a lie.

On 10/10/2021 at 17:49, Van Lady said:

^^^
The person is no better today. Still the same. Sleeping excessively, no energy at all and no appetite.

Interestingly results from antibody test, received yesterday, show the person has covid antibodies but that they are most likely from a previous infection. The person hasn’t had any cold etc symptoms since lockdown until now.

Person no better but not worse. Day 11/12? now. Partner has driven up today unplanned from Southampton area. They’re currently looking after an elderly close relative at their own home who needs 24/7 care so separated at times.

As mentioned upthread the Covid afflicted person is morbidly obese…30+ stone.

One of the numerous health problems they suffer from is sleep apnea. Personally I believe if the afflicted one didn’t have one of those masks for sleeping they would have been hospitalised due to lack of oxygenation. Mask on while sleeping up to 17 hours per day over the last 5? days.

I've got a mild cold last few days. Taking everything I did before (D, C, zinc, magnesium, quircetin, melatonin) but upped Vit C dose slightly. 

Oxygen is at 99, so not bothering with Ivermectin yet. Been going to the gym but desinfected equipment and my hands after that one time I had to blow my nose. 

Daughter had a bit of a scratchy throat, voice bit changed (no transgender hormones before you ask), more than likely playing it off a bit for a day off school, seemed fine by the end of the day so back into school, probably just general seasonal lurgy, the one of the multitude of normal respiratory tract viruses that circulate this time of year.

I've had a bit of tickle in the back of the throat but hard to tell whether it's just the seasonal change of weather and the moving out of warmer house , out to the cold external weather and back again throughout the day.  No symptoms of anything else whatsoever

norfolkhorn

Early teens male in the family has tested positive on LFT and PCR. Main symptoms tiredness and headache. Father (double jabbed) with cold symptoms, now positive on PCR  but tested negative on LFT. Mother (double jabbed) has cold symptoms but testing negative on both tests, as is daughter (mid teens), who I think has no symptoms.

Children were due to be jabbed early November. I really hope they don't go ahead given increased risk of side effects after infection, but suspect they will. 

Mental Floss

Honestly thought I’d won the Rona lottery this morning. Felt shit overnight, proper shivers and joint pain, fatigue, fever and belting headache. But LFT says “No”.....

The odd thing about whatever this is, is the complete lack of other symptoms. Normally with flu / colds it’s ushered in by razor throat and then snotmageddon. This is just joint pain, fever, fatigue and headache. Not experienced this before.

• Informative 1

Hail the Tripod
5 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

Honestly thought I’d won the Rona lottery this morning. Felt shit overnight, proper shivers and joint pain, fatigue, fever and belting headache. But LFT says “No”.....

The odd thing about whatever this is, is the complete lack of other symptoms. Normally with flu / colds it’s ushered in by razor throat and then snotmageddon. This is just joint pain, fever, fatigue and headache. Not experienced this before.

Sounds like what I had recently. The symptoms (as above) were never severe but trouble sleeping, and a lingering tightness in the chest have dragged on a bit.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

4 hours ago, Mental Floss said:

Last Friday I had severe neck pain / back ache unable to get out of bed. Feels like I had been hit in the chest. Then got a cough. Then thought actually this had got to be covid. Did the lateral flow test and was negative. 

4 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Sounds like what I had recently. The symptoms (as above) were never severe but trouble sleeping, and a lingering tightness in the chest have dragged on a bit.

Oh great this is probably the new one isn’t it. The worst cold ever? 

• Lol 1

maynardgravy
5 hours ago, Mental Floss said:

Identical to my symptoms just gone. No respiratory issues at all. Nasty muscle pain and headaches though. 

On 12/10/2021 at 21:17, Van Lady said:

Person no better but not worse. Day 11/12? now. Partner has driven up today unplanned from Southampton area. They’re currently looking after an elderly close relative at their own home who needs 24/7 care so separated at times.

As mentioned upthread the Covid afflicted person is morbidly obese…30+ stone.

One of the numerous health problems they suffer from is sleep apnea. Personally I believe if the afflicted one didn’t have one of those masks for sleeping they would have been hospitalised due to lack of oxygenation. Mask on while sleeping up to 17 hours per day over the last 5? days.

An update.

The person is much better now. Back to bragging on Faceache about ordering new house stuff and been out eating and shopping.

Just highlights how even morbidly obese with multiple underlying conditions can survive the “deadly” virus.

In my opinion though I think having the sleep apnea mask and sleeping for around 17 hours per day helped to keep the person oxygenated. Things could have been different without that is my guess.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3
  • Cheers 2

On 18/10/2021 at 09:40, Mental Floss said:

Ding ding! All aboard the coronacoaster! It appears that 3 lfts is the magic number. I finally threw a positive.

Assuming it’s the same thing that flattened me since last Wednesday I can report that this is genuinely unpleasant so far. However fingers crossed I’ve suffered no significant respiratory issues. The main symptoms? To be honest just feeling like absolute shit and sweating like Prince Andrew. Also temperature control absolutely wrecked. I’m dressed like an arctic explorer and still fucking freezing.

Fingers crossed! I’ve not been looking forward to this.

Just catching up on the thread and saw your earlier post and thought that sounds very much like Covid. As for the LF tests we found they only test positive when fully symptomatic.

Have you lost your sense of smell yet? It took a few days for mine to go but when it did it went totally. It has just started to return today.

If you feel cold then that's your body trying to raise a fever, don't fight it. Stay away from the paracetamol. Keep well, good luck and let us know how it goes.

One other comment, a while back there didn't seem to be many on dosbods getting it. I recall thinking that for us with kids at school it was strange that we had not yet got it. Then suddenly, BAM! loads of people getting it. Seems out of step with the case numbers, i.e. far higher than the official numbers (perhaps people are binning positive LF tests). The kids are reporting back that all of their friends have now had it. What does everyone else think?

morphic pippin
22 hours ago, invalid said:

Just catching up on the thread and saw your earlier post and thought that sounds very much like Covid. As for the LF tests we found they only test positive when fully symptomatic.

Have you lost your sense of smell yet? It took a few days for mine to go but when it did it went totally. It has just started to return today.

If you feel cold then that's your body trying to raise a fever, don't fight it. Stay away from the paracetamol. Keep well, good luck and let us know how it goes.

One other comment, a while back there didn't seem to be many on dosbods getting it. I recall thinking that for us with kids at school it was strange that we had not yet got it. Then suddenly, BAM! loads of people getting it. Seems out of step with the case numbers, i.e. far higher than the official numbers (perhaps people are binning positive LF tests). The kids are reporting back that all of their friends have now had it. What does everyone else think?

It's absolutely on fire in my neck of the woods (small town in Berks). Adults and children alike. Previously, very low in case rates throughout the pandemic. Now it seems that virtually every other person is getting it. We have quite a religiously lft testing community, and about 85% vaxxed. Very weird.

• Informative 6

On 17/10/2021 at 21:43, GTM said:

My 14 year old son had a persistent cough yesterday. He had a fever this morning and felt a bit tired. Tested positive on a LFT. 

The cough is a lot less prominent, temperature normal and he's almost back to normal. It has barely lasted 24 hours. Not bad for somebody they were trying to vaxecute early because he has a serious medical condition. 

That's the wife and daughter tested positive on a LFT. Son is pretty much over it. Wife is feeling like death warmed up, but the whole "man flu", "stoic women who gets on with stuff" is completely reversed in this household. Daughter extremely surprised as she's had no symptoms whatsoever. Only got her to do a test, hoping for a lie in tomorrow as she wouldn't have to go to school. Result. Tested myself to wind them up. Negative. Natural immunity from March 2020, FTW.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, morphic pippin said:

It's absolutely on fire in my neck of the woods (small town in Berks). Adults and children alike. Previously, very low in case rates throughout the pandemic. Now it seems that virtually every other person is getting it. We have quite a religiously lft testing community, and about 85% vaxxed. Very weird.

It’s a possible effect from the seeding from the great petrol fill up rush. It definitely forced people out to garages. Although doesn’t fit with the jab narrative.

I shouldn’t laugh but…

my covidian mate who has self isolated since this began, refused to meet anyone, even outdoors, got others to do her shopping etc.  Well she has had her sister visiting and sister brought covid as a present. 

• Informative 1
  • Love 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 4

morphic pippin
9 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

It’s a possible effect from the seeding from the great petrol fill up rush. It definitely forced people out to garages.

I'm not sure about that. Maybe. It's been all of a sudden - like in the last week or so. I've friends who're parents reporting large abscences in both primary and secondary school. Parents affected too.

• Informative 1

10 hours ago, morphic pippin said:

I'm not sure about that. Maybe. It's been all of a sudden - like in the last week or so. I've friends who're parents reporting large abscences in both primary and secondary school. Parents affected too.

Booking a two week holiday at a one week half-term has that affect

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 2

ashestoashes

how do you know we didn't notice you had gone ?

well done on surviving, but what happened to the rest of the Paranoids ?

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1