DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic log - please only post if you or someone close to you gets the lurgy

wherebee

PaulParanoia
21 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

how do you know we didn't notice you had gone ?

well done on surviving, but what happened to the rest of the Paranoids ?

The rest of the Paranoids are all good too.  Thanks for asking.

Mrs-Paranoia got over it pretty quickly.  She had the same 4 days on the sofa as me but recovered much quicker than I after that.  She rarely gets ill with anything which I find most unfair.

Paranoid-Offspring-1 was on the sofa for two weeks with dizziness and headaches then suddenly made a full recovery over night (boing!).  While Paranoid-Offspring-2 didn't catch the lurgy at all despite being in close contact with us all throughout.

• Informative 6

Dizziness seems rather common with this virus and the vaccines. 

It's becoming more and more likely imo that all these spike proteins - for many people - are giving them some of the symptoms of the disease. 

Blood clots are the other obvious canary in the coal mine. 

Mentalhammer666
On 18/10/2021 at 09:40, Mental Floss said:

Ding ding! All aboard the coronacoaster! It appears that 3 lfts is the magic number. I finally threw a positive.

Assuming it’s the same thing that flattened me since last Wednesday I can report that this is genuinely unpleasant so far. However fingers crossed I’ve suffered no significant respiratory issues. The main symptoms? To be honest just feeling like absolute shit and sweating like Prince Andrew. Also temperature control absolutely wrecked. I’m dressed like an arctic explorer and still fucking freezing.

Fingers crossed! I’ve not been looking forward to this.

My boss tested positive on Wednesday, so I got PCR, negative on Thursday, so had a load of beer Thursday night as i was off Friday. I was an absolute wreck when I woke up. Put it down to a bit of a cold , too much booze and very little sleep. Did ltf, still negative.

Friday night I was fucked, sweating, then freezing, dizzy, SHITS, muscle pain. Did another ltf, still negative. Started thinking i was getting better, so me and Mrs met another couple that don't get out much. Started going downhill again at about 10pm.

Sunday, same again, muscle pain, not and cold, no energy, finally tested positive with ltr and pcr. 

So I reckon my symptoms took 4 or 5 days from catching it to testing positive. 

• Informative 4

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Mentalhammer666 said:

SHITS

That's the biggy in a work environment, explosive diarrhoea, shared toilets and recycled air.

BOOM-Spldoosh - everyone dies.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

13 minutes ago, Mentalhammer666 said:

My boss tested positive on Wednesday, so I got PCR, negative on Thursday, so had a load of beer Thursday night as i was off Friday. I was an absolute wreck when I woke up. Put it down to a bit of a cold , too much booze and very little sleep. Did ltf, still negative.

Friday night I was fucked, sweating, then freezing, dizzy, SHITS, muscle pain. Did another ltf, still negative. Started thinking i was getting better, so me and Mrs met another couple that don't get out much. Started going downhill again at about 10pm.

Sunday, same again, muscle pain, not and cold, no energy, finally tested positive with ltr and pcr. 

So I reckon my symptoms took 4 or 5 days from catching it to testing positive. 

List of symptoms pretty much nailed it before positive result. Interesting, could show how shit tests are, you were fully into the symptoms before positive test, useless in terms of using the test to act as an indicator to ward off spread.  Right from the start they would have been better off listing symptoms and telling everyone to stay at home with them, full stop. But then you have to wonder whether preventing spread was ever the main intent  in the first place.

Delta seems to have more enteric symptoms, which might explain why it took off in India in the first place.

Edited by onlyme
  • Agree 1

Mentalhammer666

So my  10 year old daughters Pcr should be through by morning, no symptoms, but if positive, that's her Halloween festivities fucked, that'll annoy me more than anything.

Also, another symptom which I don't think has been discussed is that I don't think I could muster a hard on, even if Britney spears was hanging off the end of it!!

• Lol 1