DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic log - please only post if you or someone close to you gets the lurgy

wherebee

I spoke to a friend this morning who has now got it for a second time.  One of his kids got it first and now he and another of his kids have it.  He is double jabbed, but plenty of underlying health conditions including diabetes.  The kids just have temperatures and cold symptoms, but he has it worse (again).  Docs are sending Oxygen through the post (not quite sure how that is supposed to work - I would have thought it would have leaked out of the envelope.)

• Informative 2
  • Lol 5

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I spoke to a friend this morning who has now got it for a second time.  One of his kids got it first and now he and another of his kids have it.  He is double jabbed, but plenty of underlying health conditions including diabetes.  The kids just have temperatures and cold symptoms, but he has it worse (again).  Docs are sending Oxygen through the post (not quite sure how that is supposed to work - I would have thought it would have leaked out of the envelope.)

My nurse sister actually laughed at my suggestion of home oxygen treatment.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, eight said:

My nurse sister actually laughed at my suggestion of home oxygen treatment.

At the beginning of this, when I was panicking, I considered getting an Oxygen concentrator for home use.  Reading around it, it seems that it can be tricky to not do any damage by delivering too much Oxygen and also difficult to wean yourself off.  I decided against it in the end.

I'll ask him how it is delivered without any on site medical input.

• Agree 2

PCR positive confirmed overnight 

Feeling a bit better this morning , just a sore head and very tired 

Hopefully the worst is over. 

Of the 10 guys I was away on a jolly with , 5 have tested positive, 2 clear , 2 had covid last month and waiting on the likely sources PCR 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 8

JoeDavola
49 minutes ago, Malthus said:

PCR positive confirmed overnight 

Feeling a bit better this morning , just a sore head and very tired 

Hopefully the worst is over. 

Of the 10 guys I was away on a jolly with , 5 have tested positive, 2 clear , 2 had covid last month and waiting on the likely sources PCR 

I think this is all a cover for you to humblebrag that you have TEN mates ;)

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Lol 9

T&T have now been in touch.  Because daughter is positive, I have to stay at home but wife can go out, because she has had 2 x jabs?

I must have missed that nonsensical rule - Did anyone else know that?

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

5 minutes ago, Reck B said:

T&T have now been in touch.  Because daughter is positive, I have to stay at home but wife can go out, because she has had 2 x jabs?

I must have missed that nonsensical rule - Did anyone else know that?

Yes, but only because I was in the exact same position.

However, if your wife tests positive she has to stay at home.

If your daughter is young and lives at home with you it's likely you will be positive within a few days.

• Cheers 1

Sasquatch

Our triple jabbed plumber has just had covid. He's been isolating for the last 10 days but heading over to our house tomorrow to do some work. Sounds like he's had it much rougher than he'd expected he would. His son also caught it (jabbed I believe) but not his wife (also jabbed).

• Informative 4

5 minutes ago, invalid said:

Yes, but only because I was in the exact same position.

However, if your wife tests positive she has to stay at home.

If your daughter is young and lives at home with you it's likely you will be positive within a few days.

Thanks. It's annoying that I'm in the system now. Is it actually a requirement to stay at home?

are T&T for family positive tests the same as the post-holiday quarantine checkers?

19 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Thanks. It's annoying that I'm in the system now. Is it actually a requirement to stay at home?

are T&T for family positive tests the same as the post-holiday quarantine checkers?

I had a few calls from T&T. They say some BS about offering help and advice but its really giving a gentle reminder to stay at home for the 10 days.

Not sure if its the same as for post holiday.

If you were to pop out how would they know - unless someone grasses you up or the missus answers the phone and says you are out. I went out a few times but did stay home once tested positive.

Mentalhammer666
On 22/11/2021 at 17:36, Sasquatch said:

Our triple jabbed plumber has just had covid. He's been isolating for the last 10 days but heading over to our house tomorrow to do some work. Sounds like he's had it much rougher than he'd expected he would. His son also caught it (jabbed I believe) but not his wife (also jabbed).

I'm wondering is it more males than females catch it!? As u say, his wife didn't get it, nor did my wife (me and 2 kids did, think I may have porked her before symptoms were showing properly, slept in same bed etc), mates wife didn't catch it (didn't pork her tho, I don't think), my sis didn't catch it, but everyone else in house did.

• Agree 1

Bus Stop Boxer
19 minutes ago, Mentalhammer666 said:

I'm wondering is it more males than females catch it!? As u say, his wife didn't get it, nor did my wife (me and 2 kids did, think I may have porked her before symptoms were showing properly, slept in same bed etc), mates wife didn't catch it (didn't pork her tho, I don't think), my sis didn't catch it, but everyone else in house did.

I'm itching to ask a quezzstion but i won't...

• Lol 8

Mrs has the lurgy now as well 🤬

And before @JoeDavola has a pop , yes I do have mates and a wife 

My resignation from dosbods is before the committee 😉🤣🤣🤣

• Informative 1
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

JoeDavola
8 minutes ago, Malthus said:

You'll be telling us you have hair next!

• Lol 3

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

You'll be telling us you have hair next!

Now that one would be a lie 😉

Cue ball like the rest of the team 😢😢

• Cheers 1

JoeDavola
5 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Now that one would be a lie 😉

Cue ball like the rest of the team 😢😢

Ok then you can stay.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Malthus said:

Hair? Long trousers?

Gloommonger

Wife had positive lft yesterday and positive pcr result today. Me and 2 kids had pcr today. She has a headache and is lethargic, slightly short of breath. Blood o2 97,98, good blood pressure and pulse. I wouldn't be worried but mental floss' situation has made me slightly nervous. I keep telling her that 99% survive and for the majority of them it's fairly mild.

The kid's school office told me that they have never had a positive lft case that didn't also test positive with pcr.

As a dirty unvaxxed I have to isolate as well. 

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

Wife had positive lft yesterday and positive pcr result today. Me and 2 kids had pcr today. She has a headache and is lethargic, slightly short of breath. Blood o2 97,98, good blood pressure and pulse. I wouldn't be worried but mental floss' situation has made me slightly nervous. I keep telling her that 99% survive and for the majority of them it's fairly mild.

The kid's school office told me that they have never had a positive lft case that didn't also test positive with pcr.

As a dirty unvaxxed I have to isolate as well. 

Isn't that your job after "date night" :Old:

On a more serious note. This site is actually a great indication of why this thing is very little to worry about. 

Mostly older bald blokes. The very target of this thing. 

Yet as far as we know - at the maximum a single poster may succumbed to this - and hopefully not - and it's still to be confirmed. Fingers crossed. 

It makes me even more site this thing ain't a big deal - to most people unless you are incredibly unlucky. 

She will be fine. :Beer:

• Cheers 1