• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Bradleys funeral.

What do you reckon?

Seen the clips on the Mail.

Very sad, sometears.

However .... real mishmash. Scots piper, horse drawn cortege, saluting super heros dressed up, Jermain defoe...

Im not sure if i fancy super girl or spider girl the most.

No fucker in the NEappears tohave a job.

15 minutes ago, spygirl said:

What do you reckon?

Seen the clips on the Mail.

Very sad, sometears.

However .... real mishmash. Scots piper, horse drawn cortege, saluting super heros dressed up, Jermain defoe...

Im not sure if i fancy super girl or spider girl the most.

No fucker in the NEappears tohave a job.

I recon you are just a jaded cynic. 

Otoh, it's just all part of the bread and circuses routine. 

Just now, spygirl said:

Nah.

Im a new man. I can cry and have an erection at the same time.

😳I'm not sure where to go with a response to that spy. Are you saying it's painful or that you are just so relieved to be able to get it up that it brings tears to your eyes?  😳

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

😳I'm not sure where to go with a response to that spy. Are you saying it's painful or that you are just so relieved to be able to get it up that it brings tears to your eyes?  😳

Nope. A sad event attended by some girls wearing very tight fitting costumes.

Ive been looking for the camel. I can see its toe.

I've known of quite a number of kids funerals over the years in my small rural town. Worst one was, a number of years ago, three hearses on the same day containing plain white coffins of three young pre teen lads who had wandered off to the river and drowned. Others as young as five have died of stuff like brain tumours etc.

It's not national news IMO.

Nowadays some parents feel the need to get celebrities on board and get in the papers. Maybe they don't have family or friends support in our broken world?

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I've known of quite a number of kids funerals over the years in my small rural town. Worst one was, a number of years ago, three hearses on the same day containing plain white coffins of three young pre teen lads who had wandered off to the river and drowned. Others as young as five have died of stuff like brain tumours etc.

It's not national news IMO.

Nowadays some parents feel the need to get celebrities on board and get in the papers. Maybe they don't have family or friends support in our broken world?

Yeah, when tragedy strikes, you want family and friends. A close knit community.   

Remember going with my son when he played rugby up to a match in the hills above Saddleworth in Manchester and spent some time talking to an old chap who was watching the game. The subject drifted onto the number of local kids who had died (I think his son had) of some form of leukemia/bone cancers and he was absolutely adamant it was due to contamination of the local water supply and land post Chernobyl. This was 10 years ago and he did not have a good word for politicians both local and national as well as the media.

I think with this lads case it is/has been something relatively simple for all forms of media to latch onto.

The more complex or contraversial something is the less likely it is to be taken up by the media, its another form of self-censorship that conveniently helps TPTB keep the status quo ticking along nicely.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Remember going with my son when he played rugby up to a match in the hills above Saddleworth in Manchester and spent some time talking to an old chap who was watching the game. The subject drifted onto the number of local kids who had died (I think his son had) of some form of leukemia/bone cancers and he was absolutely adamant it was due to contamination of the local water supply and land post Chernobyl. This was 10 years ago and he did not have a good word for politicians both local and national as well as the media.

I think with this lads case it is/has been something relatively simple for all forms of media to latch onto.

The more complex or contraversial something is the less likely it is to be taken up by the media, its another form of self-censorship that conveniently helps TPTB keep the status quo ticking along nicely.

Anecdotally, there seems to be a lot more incidences of cancer in recent years. So yes, I would concur with his view. 

24 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Unl;ikely to be Chernobyl.

Theyd get more radiation from Windscale.

Im not sure kiddy cacners are down to radiotion from power plants.

There are cacner clusters. Science is not there.

I think there'll be a combination of air pullution -from cars, radeon from the ground and some knockon effect from power lines.

Kiddy cacner is thankfully very rare. Wierd stuff pears inthe stats which ius not there.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Im not sure kiddy cacners are down to radiotion from power plants.

There are cacner clusters. Science is not there.

I think there'll be a combination of air pullution -from cars, radeon from the ground and some knockon effect from power lines.

Kiddy cacner is thankfully very rare. Wierd stuff pears inthe stats which ius not there.

Anecdotal I know but a couple I knew of, he died from lung cancer, she six months later of stomach cancer. Both early 40s. He was a merchant navy captain, she accompanied him on voyages. Convinced they had come into contact with something. Too much of a coincidence. 

19 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Unl;ikely to be Chernobyl.

Theyd get more radiation from Windscale.

My mother was pregnant with me when my father worked at Windscale at the time of a fire in a reactor in late 50's. Now known as Sellafield! I was born at home but was taken into hospital because I was unwell. I was released after a few days and better but with no explanation. My late mother used to say I was never right from day one xD.

Parents related tales of they thought the whole place was going to blow up, local farmers milk getting poured away etc and general worry in the population of radiation leaks.

Windscale was sold to the public as being for cheap electricity but my guess is that it was mainly a facility for nuclear bombs.

My father moved to Chapelcross, now decommissioned, in the early 60's and there was a facility there for stuff for nuclear bombs.

A lot of his peers died from cancer but he used to say that a lot of workers didn't follow safety procedures. Also many workers were not local, they'd mainly came from other areas for the money. Hard to say if working in the nuclear industry causes cancer because there are too many variables in people to be sure. 

I used to wear a film badge when I worked on radioactive stuff. It was sent off every month to be developed and I got a new one. If it ever went black, I would not be allowed to work with radiation any more.

2 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

So once you had gone black, you could never go back?

xDExactly. I know a bloke who's badge went black, as somebody had thoughtlessly left the lid off something. He had to change career.

"Stuff" is stored in thick lead pots, and you are not supposed to look into them.

Edited by MrPin

1 hour ago, Thombleached said:

I'm with you here Pinny. I've no idea what they're going on about. 

Me too, and nobody has answered him yet. I thought at first Bradley Wiggins had died but they seem to be talking about a child. If it's news that's not on dosbods I don't know about it, no telly or papers for me.

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

Me too, and nobody has answered him yet. I thought at first Bradley Wiggins had died but they seem to be talking about a child. If it's news that's not on dosbods I don't know about it, no telly or papers for me.

Haha. I thought exactly the same at first (wiggers)