• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

More blue badge fuckwittery

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Oh those poor cripples.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4697866/Fraudsters-bought-6m-supercars-using-VAT-loophole.html

On a clause introduced by the one eyed scots cunt. Whod have thought.

This sentence is a bit weird

This had become a notable problem across the country and many garages were approached by HMRC who were selling more than their fair share of cars.

i thought is was all free market economics. At least that's what they tell us little people as they shaft us once again. 

As if any sort of motability/disabled kickback should ever have been available for this type of car. The government in general really are a disgusting bunch of crooks. 

These included a £56,000 Jaguar XK Sports, a £130,000 Bentley GTC and a £47,000 Audi Q7.

7 minutes ago, onlyme said:

As if any sort of motability/disabled kickback should ever have been available for this type of car. The government in general really are a disgusting bunch of crooks. 

These included a £56,000 Jaguar XK Sports, a £130,000 Bentley GTC and a £47,000 Audi Q7.

Some might say incompetence but I would suspect it may have been deliberately designed for people higher up the food chain to take advantage of. None of the dealers or those providing the funding got done in this case.

27 minutes ago, onlyme said:

How dare you!

If they have Ibs they might to get to the toilet really fast.

17 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Some might say incompetence but I would suspect it may have been deliberately designed for people higher up the food chain to take advantage of. None of the dealers or those providing the funding got done in this case.

No.

Its fuckwittery of the highest - gordon brown and civil servants.

• Dealers made each luxury car comply – only to sell them at a huge profit

Different dealers to the dealers originally selling and supplying the cars?  Not a very well written article.

All four suffer with genuine disabilities and were funded by unidentified criminals.

Banks lending the money?  

Whoever the unidentified criminals are it sounds like whoever funded all this might go scot free or are they next in line in the courts - the article doesn't say.

If they are unidentified how do they know they are criminals. 

Their lawyers argued in mitigation that the defendants suffered from disabilities and had been acting on the instructions of outsiders.

Arthur Gibson, defending Gordon, questioned what the dealerships had known.

He said: ‘A disabled, unemployed Scouser walking into a dealership and purchasing a vehicle for £100,000 – if that doesn’t raise suspicion then I really don’t know what does.’

If the buyers had the legitimate documentation I doubt the dealer would be asking any questions whatever they might suspect - it's not their job - it seems daft to expect them to question it.  A sale is a sale to them.

I do think that they should give more details about the disabilities and the justification for them being entitled to mobility vehicles in the first place.

After all maybe young men parking in disabled bays jumping out of brand new cars and then running to the supermarket wouldn't be so surprising if it can be expected that they're officially registered as disabled and entitled to mobility vehicles.

Edited by twocents

I remember funny looking blue bubble like cars for the disabled as a kid. They looked a bit like a robin reliant.

Perhaps we should re-invent them. 

I was looking for a parking space the other evening and a top of the range BMW was in the disabled space. The owner had the correct badges. It just looked odd that such a car was owned by someone with a handicap. I'd love a car like that.

30 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

I remember funny looking blue bubble like cars for the disabled as a kid. They looked a bit like a robin reliant.

I was looking for a parking space the other evening and a top of the range BMW was in the disabled space. The owner had the correct badges. It just looked odd that such a car was owned by someone with a handicap. I'd love a car like that.

I see no issue with that. Disabled people can be wealthy. I expect Stephen Hawkins is worth a bob or two. 

20 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I see no issue with that. Disabled people can be wealthy. I expect Stephen Hawkins is worth a bob or two. 

OK fair comment......but the driver is registered blind.

57 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

That was a government driven piece of corruption. Those chariots were really expensive, and certainly not "safe".

7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

That was a government driven piece of corruption. Those chariots were really expensive, and certainly not "safe".

No, they were dhit.

Build quality between a c5 and reluant.

Best dolution would be yo offer a london black cab.

8 hours ago, spygirl said:

No, they were dhit.

Build quality between a c5 and reluant.

Best dolution would be yo offer a london black cab.

The blue disabled bubble cars were provided & maintained by the NHS (it cost a fortune and yes the NHS ran garages for servicing and repair from their budget)

At the time the NHS saw their remit as "keeping people mobile"

This meant supplying prosthetic limbs / wheelchairs / crutches etc 

So they came to supply and maintain an entire fleet of blue disabled noddy cars.

The cars were death traps and after numerous fires were recalled & scrapped in 1992

then the henious Motability scheme was introduced with all the parasitic scum that came with it, sucking on the taxpayer teat.

#facts&rantover

Edited by WorkingPoor

As a very young child I was given a lift in one of those blue bubble cars. My dads mate has one. I was mesmerised by the way the whole front was hinged, taking the steering wheel with it to get in and out. 

Pass the motability budget back to the NHS and let them provide high viz neon yellow adapted nissan Micra's or similar. (think of the economy in sunderland)

Cut the fat lazy breeders from the taxpayer teat with their GP bothering fake ADHD claims & disabled bays outside their taxpayer funded residences.

"when i were a lad" disabled meant having clumpy boots and metal bars running up either side of your legs, not a fake hyperactivity disorder that can be absolved when the tax credits run out at 18.

Edited by WorkingPoor

6 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

The blue disabled bubble cars were provided & maintained by the NHS (it cost a fortune and yes the NHS ran garages for servicing and repair from their budget)

At the time the NHS saw their remit as "keeping people mobile"

This meant supplying prosthetic limbs / wheelchairs / crutches etc 

So they came to supply and maintain an entire fleet of blue disabled noddy cars.

The cars were death traps and after numerous fires were recalled & scrapped in 1992

then the henious Motability scheme was introduced with all the parasitic scum that came with it, sucking on the taxpayer teat.

#facts&rantover

Doesnt this episode show te level of statist make-work and inability to delegate inthe NHS - see NHS#1 thread.

Iseue - Need to allow criples to get around.

Solution #1 - Open up bidding, let car companies submit a model. Then provide maintenance via a garage/

Solution #2 - Design car. Create a network of NHS garages to maintain it.

Which one won?

5 hours ago, spygirl said:

Doesnt this episode show te level of statist make-work and inability to delegate inthe NHS - see NHS#1 thread.

Iseue - Need to allow criples to get around.

Solution #1 - Open up bidding, let car companies submit a model. Then provide maintenance via a garage/

Solution #2 - Design car. Create a network of NHS garages to maintain it.

Which one won?

Give them taxi vouchers. 

same as for if you have an accident and you car can't be driven. Have an the equivalent of an uber account for the duration of the repair.

3 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

Just out of curiosity, is this the beast?

Looks uhm, lovely. Safe too 9_9

image.jpeg

Suppose it'll fall to me to mention that all 70s kids called these Spacker Chariots or some equally offensive term.

Apologies if there are any spazzies or mongs reading this...

XYY

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Suppose it'll fall to me to mention that all 70s kids called these Spacker Chariots or some equally offensive term.

Apologies if there are any spazzies or mongs reading this...

XYY

I think you'll find the correct term is a joey. 

Just now, Thombleached said:

I think you'll find the correct term is a joey. 

:)

It varies depending on where you were brought up.

But wherever that was, we were vicious little bastards...!

The lad in our class who had to wear leg-irons for a term or two was still known as "Kronk" five years later...

XYY

18 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

Just out of curiosity, is this the beast?

Looks uhm, lovely. Safe too 9_9

image.jpeg

A relative of mine had one. Used to travel from Tyneside to Darlington weekly with her young son on her lap.

Weird how that shade of blue has returned lately in the ranges of Renault and Fiat. I think for a long time it would have been commercial unpalatable due to associations with disability.

AETV43576130_1e.jpg