DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

John Lewis new chair

spunko

JL are at the Landa stage.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/21/thomas-cook-holiday-nightmare-big-debts-bad-luck-brink

Thmoas Cooked fucked up, massively, by taking o to much debt.

When they kicked out he useless moron, they brought in another useless moron - Harriet Green, whod been promoting herself for 20 years, moving between various electrocomponent companies.

I guess the thinking went - Thomas cooked are being fucked by computers.e need someone who knwos computers. Computers arr made of component,s shell do.

Oh dear.

Ms Green promptly went on a big Im a CEO trip,, spending fortune on consultants and IBM< who sucked millions from TC, to little advantage.

Then she got kicked out, new CEO< who just hung on, taking slary out ,then it went bust.

JL have had the total fucking moron - posh,. ex squaddy. Worse sort of people you want in a competitive private company.

Bally hell, Briitishhs Army is best i nthe world.

Bally hell, JL are the best company.

Bally Hell David Cameron going on about creating more John Lwesis.

Bally hell , Idont see how I can fail. Ill put a John lewis on every corner in the UK - ££££££££££££££

Bally clever chap me.

few years on.

Bally hell, I dont understand whats gone wrong.

Board have a review, more interested in ticking boxes than saving company.

Ex civil servant - woman ,black.

A worse choice than an ex squaddy.

Shes absolutely clueless.

Starts hiring in clever chaps, expecting to chair the meetings and coming to a concensual decision thatll make everyone happy.

What needs to happen is simple.

Make sure you have the costings for each store.

Make sure you have the targets.

Any shop not making its targets and has scope for wiggling out of the leases goes. 

Tnen start on all the other stores, strip your staff back to minimum,.

Then go thru each category - food ,clothes, electrical.

If it doesnt meet target get rid.

Brick up the spare space in stores, save on rates. Lease it to Primark, who ever.

1 hour ago, Harley said:

The spectacle of a dying organisation is a sight to behold.  Reminds me of the film Apocalypto where they painted themselves blue, sacrifices, etc in the dying days of their empire.  It's was the economic weather you effwits, not the PC gods!

All they need are more celebrations of diversity. That should get the share price up.

Bedrag Justesen

No stronger evidence of White having zero experience working within retail than to completely demoralise the customer facing partners.

Lowest staff bonus since 1953 at 2% whilst White takes home over £1m in pay, pension, and perks.

Terrible PR all over the news if nothing else.

sancho panza
28 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

No stronger evidence of White having zero experience working within retail than to completely demoralise the customer facing partners.

Lowest staff bonus since 1953 at 2% whilst White takes home over £1m in pay, pension, and perks.

Terrible PR all over the news if nothing else.

It's going to be surreal watching JL go under over the next decade.If Waitrose keeps folding stores,where will local Labour politicians go for coffee and their shopping?

20 hours ago, sancho panza said:

It's going to be surreal watching JL go under over the next decade.If Waitrose keeps folding stores,where will local Labour politicians go for coffee and their shopping?

I like Waitrose, we don't have that northern equivalent down here sadly. There won't be much choice if they go under, M&S are shit and just good for overpriced ready meals. Can't stand any of the other supermarkets - ASDA makes me feel dirty, that music blaring out, and their fresh veg rots after a day.  Sainsburys is always full of EEs and old doddery boomers getting in the way.   Not enough choice in ALDI.  LIDL is full of scummy permabennie sorts.  Morrisons stresses me out just thinking about shopping there, it's always so bloody busy.   Tesco, not bad but I just do it online.

If I want to buy some of the more obscure ingredients for my cooking and I can't get them in Waitrose then I'll just do it online. To be honest I suspect that's what most do anyway.

If the token kills off Waitrose I shall be very angry :Old:

22 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Are people confusing the death of John Lewis for the death of the of Southern middle-class who used to earn their money primarily form the finsec, directly or indirectly.

Southern HPI has sucked up all the spare cash. Then some more.

Fine when they had well paying jobs. Not so fine now.

Took in  friends Waitrose order. Posh, older,  woman driving the van and lugging the shopping.

I can see some logic for appointing White. Retail are screwed anyway. She can cut and downsize with at least part of media disarmed against her thanks to ticking some PC boxes

• 1 month later...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/04/28/john-lewis-mulls-closing-department-stores/

Well Dame Sharon White, the newly recruited CEO who has no experience of retail nor of ever working outside the public sector seems completely the wrong person for the job. Who appointed her?

Wikipedia bizarrely describe her as a business woman despite her never working for any business before John Lewis.

Guess her plan to reduce losses is to close all the stores.

Archived