• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Libspero

Kirstie Allsopp Quits Twitter

Possibly of some mild interest to people here..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/15/kirstie-allsopp-blasts-humourless-brexit-brits-quits-twitter/

"Kirsty Allsopp has announced she has quit Twitter, five days after she was “attacked and mocked” on the site for suggesting keeping a washing machine in the kitchen was “disgusting”."

19 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I don't see the need of an announcement that she's "quitting", besides she probably won't going forward.

I don't like this sort of thing however, whether I agree with her or not I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with the way people keep insulting each other online, commenting on someone's looks, choices, etc. 99% of these comments wouldn't be said to someone's face and everyone has to have a fucking opinion about everything. Online comments are showing the nasty vitriolic side of human nature. 

It's an electronic flounce. A stomp out of the room whilst screaming look at me, just look at me.

i would rather not. 

30 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I don't see the need of an announcement that she's "quitting", besides she probably won't going forward.

I don't like this sort of thing however, whether I agree with her or not I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with the way people keep insulting each other online, commenting on someone's looks, choices, etc. 99% of these comments wouldn't be said to someone's face and everyone has to have a fucking opinion about everything. Online comments are showing the nasty vitriolic side of human nature. 

Is this Tongue in cheek?  Describes this place 😂

If you don't want to be given a load of shit by anonymous neckbeards then don't go on twitter.

Pretty simple really, why the fuck some fringe celeb would want to give a load of potential mentals 24 hrs access to your doings and the ability to comment on it is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

If you don't want to be given a load of shit by anonymous neckbeards then don't go on twitter.

Pretty simple really, why the fuck some fringe celeb would want to give a load of potential mentals 24 hrs access to your doings and the ability to comment on it is beyond me.

Her sense of inflated self importance is contained in the announcement.

If she does not want hostile responses on Twitter I would suggest the easiest thing is to stop posting provocative things or to stop posting at all. Surprisingly people who do not constantly seek attention on Twitter rarely get abuse on it.  The same goes for Facebook etc.

Anyway why anyone be interested in Allsopps opinions on the location of washing machines is beyond me. Generally people put them where the pipe work is available not as some part of a grand design.

Edited by Flirtygirty

Just having read Snow Bird's comment on a few tweets I've made on here, I know exactly how poor Kirsty feels. 

Mind you I know he's the most cantankerous poster I've come across on here, I tend to skip through his posts as I've never really found anything persuasive or interesting in the posts he's made.

I might even do a "Venger" and read through his posting history and challenge his diatribe.

Sore, moi?

Edited by sleepwello'nights
Proof reading

29 minutes ago, Flirtygirty said:

Her sense of inflated self importance is contained in the announcement.

If she does not want hostile responses on Twitter I would suggest the easiest thing is to stop posting provocative things or to stop posting at all. Surprisingly people who do not constantly seek attention on Twitter rarely get abuse on it.  The same goes for Facebook etc.

Anyway why anyone be interested in Allsopps opinions on the location of washing machines is beyond me. Generally people put them where the pipe work is available not as some part of a grand design.

Just as there's a relationship between the amount of email you send and the amount you receive, there's definitely a link between the amount of vacuous drivel you post of facespace or the amount of bile you spout on twatter, and the responses you get. 

6 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Just having read Snow Bird's comment on a few tweets I've made on here, I know exactly how poor Kirsty feels. 

Mind you I know he's the most cantankerous poster I've come across on here, I tend to skip through his posts as I've never really found anything persuasive or interesting in the posts he's made.

I might even do a "Venger" and read through his posting history and challenge his diatribe.

Sore, moi?

This place is super tame compared to the internet generally. 99% of internet users (ie. people) are total arseholes, I'm quite sure.

Most of the celebs I know don't actually do the twitter stuff themselves --  they employ someone clever and motivated to do it for them.  Problem resolved.

Anyway I keep the washing machine in the utility room.  And the fridge in the dining room, the freezer in the shed, the microwave in the utility room and most of the food in the garage.  Don't really have much space in the kitchen for anything beyond the actual food preparation.  

6 minutes ago, dgul said:

Most of the celebs I know don't actually do the twitter stuff themselves --  they employ someone clever and motivated to do it for them.  Problem resolved.

Anyway I keep the washing machine in the utility room.  And the fridge in the dining room, the freezer in the shed, the microwave in the utility room and most of the food in the garage.  Don't really have much space in the kitchen for anything beyond the actual food preparation.  

We have a fridge/freezer in the hallway. True story.

18 minutes ago, dgul said:

Count yourself lucky. The trendy thing theses days is to have your washing machine, fridge, lavatory and bed in the same room all under the same roof in the back garden of someone else's house... in Slough. Thanks Kirsty! 

Edited by whitevanman

Our new kitchen was meant to be huge. The builder suggested making a small utility room at one end. Best idea ever. Boiler, washer and dryer and wellies etc are all out in utility. 

From a food hygiene perspective: http://www.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/environmentalhealth/foodsafety/cateringhome.aspx

Am I allowed to have my washing machine and dryer in my kitchen?

Ideally washing machines and dryers should be located outside food rooms. In some circumstances this is not possible, and in these instances, NO laundry should be done while food is being prepared. Any laundry that is needed for the food business such as overalls, aprons, cloths, tea towels, etc should be washed separately from domestic laundry.

4 hours ago, MrPin said:

Well everyone should quit twitbox! My washing machine is in the kitchen, BTW.

The evil appliance is the tumble dryer, ours is in the garage the other side of the door from the kitchen, vents through the wall into a 2' passageway where there is a huge pile of micro-fibre and gritty white gunge on the floor.

36 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

From a food hygiene perspective: http://www.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/environmentalhealth/foodsafety/cateringhome.aspx

Am I allowed to have my washing machine and dryer in my kitchen?

Ideally washing machines and dryers should be located outside food rooms. In some circumstances this is not possible, and in these instances, NO laundry should be done while food is being prepared. Any laundry that is needed for the food business such as overalls, aprons, cloths, tea towels, etc should be washed separately from domestic laundry.

Literally, WTF?

45 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Count yourself lucky. The trendy thing theses days is to have your washing machine, fridge, lavatory and bed in the same room all under the same roof in the back garden of someone else's house... in Slough. Thanks Kirsty! 

You know my sister, don't you?

3 hours ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Sore, moi?

Why not pop back to tos and invite veneer across?  He can keep a file on all of us.

please note. This was a joke. Don't even think about following this advice. O.o

10 hours ago, Libspero said:

Possibly of some mild interest to people here..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/15/kirstie-allsopp-blasts-humourless-brexit-brits-quits-twitter/

"Kirsty Allsopp has announced she has quit Twitter, five days after she was “attacked and mocked” on the site for suggesting keeping a washing machine in the kitchen was “disgusting”."

95% of people I know keep it in the Kitchen, wtf is she on about