• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

44 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-reveals-first-look-at-the-state
A compelling, fictional story based on extensive research, “The State” follows the experiences of four young British men and women who have left their lives behind to join ISIS in Raqqah, Syria.

Yeah totally fictional. Who can imagine any brit going to fight for isis.

39 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Is there a 'The Stateless' to show what happens when countries throw people out and no one else wants to take them in?

More Limbless. I doubt any isis fighter will leave alive.

48 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

To be followed by the sequel ' The welfare State' where they return to the UK, get given a house and enough money to live on whilst spending their days recruiting future fighters.

And 10 million quid for being "wrongly" accused of something or other no doubt. That kind of insanity is not confined to the UK:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/07/03/khadr-to-get-apology-compensation-over-10m-as-lawsuit-settled.html

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

More Limbless. I doubt any isis fighter will leave alive.

I really fucking hope that's the case but something tells me there's already quite a few who have and will fetch up in due course with a gaggle of publicly funded human rights lawyers in tow and an attached SJW campaign to keep them out of prison.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Did they get a heroes welcome with a brass band and a march? 

No, but being serious, I bet any that did identify themselves to the authorities got the kind of post-trauma medical help that our own soldiers can only dream of.

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

I mentioned I wanted to fight ISIS to Mrs XYY recently - so she signed me up for the Salvation Army.

Any terrorist bastard  that comes near me gets a trombone up his fucking arse..!

Fat-end first...

XYY

Being teetotallers and all that, aren't you on the same team as the bearded loons?

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Being teetotallers and all that, aren't you on the same team as the bearded loons?

Not at all.

I'm special forces Sally-bash me Bluey.

As such - I can go full-on Amish facial hair so that I can infiltrate the enemy.

And I am also allowed to string ISIS wankers up by their bollocks - as long as I do not have a trombone lesson.

Rumours are we're going to be deployed in North Korea soon. We'll chug the life out of fat KIm and his band of shitty-haircut hench-men...

XYY

22 hours ago, sarahbell said:

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-reveals-first-look-at-the-state
A compelling, fictional story based on extensive research, “The State” follows the experiences of four young British men and women who have left their lives behind to join ISIS in Raqqah, Syria.

A made up story about what is actually happening - and likely in far greater numbers than just "four young British men and women".

Why not just make it a story about what is actually happening.

Why glamourise it - no doubt with background music and so on.  

In the past you would only do that if you were advertising and recruiting for that cause.

22 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

To be followed by the sequel ' The welfare State' where they return to the UK, get given a house and enough money to live on whilst spending their days spying and recruiting future fighters.

I believe that by treaty and in legal terms as a member of the eu the UK is officially at war with ISIS following France officially declaring war on ISIS after the bataclan attack. 

Edited by twocents

13 hours ago, twocents said:

A made up story about what is actually happening - and likely in far greater numbers than just "four young British men and women".

Why not just make it a story about what is actually happening.

Why glamourise it - no doubt with background music and so on.  

In the past you would only do that if you were advertising and recruiting for that cause.

I believe that by treaty and in legal terms as a member of the eu the UK is officially at war with ISIS following France officially declaring war on ISIS after the bataclan attack. 

Technically, wars exist between states. Declring war would, ironically, legitimise ISIS as a state, something the UK government is keen to avoid, as without a recognised caliphate state, ISIS may be regarded by other muslims as theologically unsound, and therefore illegitimate apostates.

There is a logic in referring to ISIS as 'so-called'.

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 15:33, Cunning Plan said:

To be followed by the sequel ' The welfare State' where they return to the UK, get given a house and enough money to live on whilst spending their days recruiting future fighters.

Now IS collapses, Dutch ‘experts’ say Europe should welcome back IS fighters – they agree

https://theoldcontinent.eu/is-collapse/

Now that ISIS is on a downslope, Dutch jihadi Victor D., together with other fighters, wants to return home to the Netherlands. But the humanity ISIS and other violent Islamist groups refused to show to their countless victims, they, of course, do want for themselves. Wanting a fair trial in The Netherlands, Victor is a prime example. In a letter to the courts, he wrote that he even wants to attend his trial.

In the letter, Victor, or Zakariyya al Hollandi as he is called in the Islamic theatre of war, wrote:

“In writing this, I do not try to prove my innocence. I want to show you that I am convinced that I fought for a noble and honest cause (…) I am suspected of being a member of a terrorist organisation. But that can only be established if we define the definition of the word terror. If we take the dictionary, for instance, a country like the USA should be defined as a terrorist state.”

Article on the independent about ISIS fighters being chucked off buildings. It seems that the locals don't trust the government to administer justice. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-mosul-iraq-fighters-killed-thrown-off-buildings-reasons-corruption-revenge-patrick-cockburn-a7845846.html

8 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Technically, wars exist between states. Declring war would, ironically, legitimise ISIS as a state, something the UK government is keen to avoid, as without a recognised caliphate state, ISIS may be regarded by other muslims as theologically unsound, and therefore illegitimate apostates.

There is a logic in referring to ISIS as 'so-called'.

That's normally been the case (wars exist between states) - although I think it's also possible to declare war against an organisation.  

Apparently ISIS stands for Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

In any event France did officially declare war on ISIS/Islamic extremism after bataclan and Hollande announced it in France's Parliament.  After that whether there is logic in calling ISIS so-called is moot although he actually called it Daesh.

Edited by twocents

Now that ISIS is on a downslope, Dutch jihadi Victor D., together with other fighters, wants to return home to the Netherlands. 

On benefits in a free house - or is that only the UK.

Put him in prison and he'll just burn it down.

1 minute ago, twocents said:

On benefits in a free house - or is that only the UK.

Put him in prison and he'll just burn it down.

Or, do what is normally done with enemies of the stats, have a word with special forces to make the problem go away. Simples.