DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

As stuff is made in China, who is most reliant on it? AMZN

201p

Just having a thought, which company relies on cheap imports the most? The answer is under our nose!

Watch this one over the coming months.

Not advice to buy or sell this one, but it will be a good question to raise to the world.

Untitled.thumb.gif.691948815c05683bc44f9c2dd5dde03e.gif

• Agree 3

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/retailer-stocks-companies-most-vulnerable-financial-exposure-coronavirus-china-losses-2020-1-1028847872#canada-goose-holdings-inc-8

These 13 retail stocks are the most at risk of steep losses as China's coronavirus spreads

OK the article is dated 27th Jan - but I am usually a few days behind these articles, and the market is soaring right now, but the fundamentals haven't really changed. Funny how the article doesn't mention the biggest elephant though - Amazon or Alibaba!

No one knows the outcome, and as we have seen in previous outbreaks (link to chart), outbreaks don't always cause the stock market to fall.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect being one of the richest and most powerful men in the world, If I was in his shoes, I would be like a bond villain and have a "control room" (similar to a Nuclear control centre DEFCON)  where I would be working each day.

It would have 50 monitors - one monitoring each facet of the Amazon empire. I think he would soon know if factories were shutting down in China, way before the media does.

• Agree 1

Mr Bezos certainly is rich. I saw him interviewed on some program or other, and he came across as very sharp, and quite likeable.

16 hours ago, MrPin said:

Mr Bezos certainly is rich. I saw him interviewed on some program or other, and he came across as very sharp, and quite likeable.

Current circumstances have urged me to pray that I will live long enough to read something you post  which will add to a discussion.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2020 at 01:34, Straingone said:
On 06/03/2020 at 09:19, MrPin said:

Current circumstances have urged me to pray that I will live long enough to read something you post  which will add to a discussion

Can you not see the irony in your post?...I don't expect a reply, just in case the worst (?) has happened and given the current circumstances :-)

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it won't go down in a down market, it will certainly go up! The market made up it's mind.

This will be a new leader in the next bull market.

Untitled.thumb.gif.325ee70da121f73499044aec363cad5f.gif

I think the point here is that Coronavirus has accelerated trend changes including shopping. It's the high street that might be permanently dead, no one will have been shopping for at least 3 months and that is a dead habit anyway. People are now working out how to buy clothes and furniture on line and why would anyone go backwards when this ends.

Amazon can sell shit made anywhere, it might rely on China but only in the short term, it can switch pretty easily if America started making everything itself for example.

Covid is positive for Amazon if anything.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
Roger_Mellie

The analysis is arse about tit. The Chinese could always make it faster than we could consume it. 

The question is not who are Amazon exposed to, but who is exposed to Amazon.

• Agree 1

I must I admit my speculative hypothesis was wrong, and the market was quick to show us. A stock that actually goes up in one of the worst stock crashes in history?! Bezos probably took some money of the table - not even he knew where his stock could go.

Where to now for Amazon?

• Agree 1