DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Thread for those infected or possibly infected with nCoV

This Time

It's only a matter of time until someone here catches it so I thought maybe a separate thread would be in order. 

I'm getting slightly worried that I have it. One of the yoga classes I teach is at a gym with a load of Chinese students plus I get the tube a couple of times a week. I've been ill since the 30th, mostly a general malaise sort of thing, bad enough to call in sick for a few days. Thought I was feeling better so taught again on Saturday just gone but started feeling terrible again in the evening and have felt terrible since. My chest hasn't felt great since sometime yesterday, maybe Saturday. My husband noticed I was breathing badly last night. For the last few hours it's hurt to breath deeply and now it's starting to hurt to breath normally. No coughing to speak of.

• Informative 1

I had similar few weeks ago, ended up being a chest infection. Unlikely you've got the nCoV. If you ring 111 with chest pains they'll want to send an ambulance to you, which I turned down. If you say go to walk in centre (like I did) or manage to get a emergency GP appointment (which I couldn't, too many Somalians too see and me feeling like i'm dying isn't more important than them) they'll most likely see you and send you down to A&E anyway, like they did with me.

So my advice is if you're able to move around ok then make your own way down to A&E now and take a book with you. I sat in there for nearly 5 hours before I just got some antibiotics chucked at me while every druggie in the city rocked up, got seen to straight away by doctors and got their methadone.

Edited by gibbon
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1

2 minutes ago, gibbon said:

I had similar few weeks ago, ended up being a chest infection. Unlikely you've got the nCoV. If you ring 111 with chest pains they'll want to send an ambulance to you. If you say go to walk in centre (like I did) or manage to get a emergency GP appointment they'll most likely see you and send you down to A&E anyway.

So my advice is if you're able to move around ok then make your own way down to A&E now and take a book with you.

I'd rather stick forks in my eyes than go to A&E. I'm just going to see if I can get by with extra puffs of my symbicort inhaler. I've dug out my peak flow meter and have blown a respectable 425 after symbicort.

• Agree 1

There are hundreds of things people get every year that result in this type of thing. 

In the few months before Christmas remember half the folk in the UK seemed to have some chesty type cough type infection. 

Burd at my work got plurosy and so did her daughter. 

Just now, This Time said:

I'd rather stick forks in my eyes than go to A&E. I'm just going to see if I can get by with extra puffs of my symbicort inhaler. I've dug out my peak flow meter and have blown a respectable 425 after symbicort.

I was the same mate. Held off for 3 days dosing myself up on anti inflammatory's, until they no longer worked and the pain was out of this world. Does the pain get worse when you lay down? Very least why don't you go to a walk in centre with a ECG machine and least rule out heart issues.

13 minutes ago, This Time said:

111 will call an ambulance and I can't be dealing with that shit. I'm not actually hospital bad.

If you feel well enough to type on here, you don't have the nCov or one of the nasty flus. When I was down with the swine flu, I felt like I was dead for 5 days. Couldn't move. Even lights hurt. If you had it you'd know. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

3 minutes ago, This Time said:

If asthmatic - keep up on steroid inhalers. If you take a long break from them, it can take 2 weeks to get back up to normal.

19 minutes ago, gibbon said:

I had similar few weeks ago, ended up being a chest infection. Unlikely you've got the nCoV. If you ring 111 with chest pains they'll want to send an ambulance to you, which I turned down. If you say go to walk in centre (like I did) or manage to get a emergency GP appointment (which I couldn't, too many Somalians too see and me feeling like i'm dying isn't more important than them) they'll most likely see you and send you down to A&E anyway, like they did with me.

So my advice is if you're able to move around ok then make your own way down to A&E now and take a book with you. I sat in there for nearly 5 hours before I just got some antibiotics chucked at me while every druggie in the city rocked up, got seen to straight away by doctors and got their methadone.

Our society is broken.

Edited by Conniption
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Conniption said:

Our society is broken.

Yup our democracies have completely failed for the man on the street now. It's a busted flush. We need a benevolent dictator to cut away the dross. Sadly I reckon we'll be a banana republic by the time that happens.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, gibbon said:

I was the same mate. Held off for 3 days dosing myself up on anti inflammatory's, until they no longer worked and the pain was out of this world. Does the pain get worse when you lay down? Very least why don't you go to a walk in centre with a ECG machine and least rule out heart issues.

The inhaler has sorted out the pain so it's definitely the lungs. I've booked an appointment with the asthma nurse for tomorrow - I figure they'll fast track me in to see the doctor if I need it. They've been hassling me to come for a review anyway so it's two birds with one stone.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ccc said:

There are hundreds of things people get every year that result in this type of thing. 

In the few months before Christmas remember half the folk in the UK seemed to have some chesty type cough type infection. 

Burd at my work got plurosy and so did her daughter. 

Stokey again?

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, This Time said:

The inhaler has sorted out the pain so it's definitely the lungs. I've booked an appointment with the asthma nurse for tomorrow - I figure they'll fast track me in to see the doctor if I need it. They've been hassling me to come for a review anyway so it's two birds with one stone.

Does sound like a chest infection then like I had. I didn't take the antibiotics in the end just waited it out and was over it in about a week and half.

41 minutes ago, This Time said:

It's only a matter of time until someone here catches it so I thought maybe a separate thread would be in order. 

I'm getting slightly worried that I have it. One of the yoga classes I teach is at a gym with a load of Chinese students plus I get the tube a couple of times a week. I've been ill since the 30th, mostly a general malaise sort of thing, bad enough to call in sick for a few days. Thought I was feeling better so taught again on Saturday just gone but started feeling terrible again in the evening and have felt terrible since. My chest hasn't felt great since sometime yesterday, maybe Saturday. My husband noticed I was breathing badly last night. For the last few hours it's hurt to breath deeply and now it's starting to hurt to breath normally. No coughing to speak of.

That sounds nasty. As others have said though, the odds are that it’s standard seasonal flu or one of many other things that can get into your chest rather than Wuflu. 

Think I mentioned before but a bloke in my office is self isolating due to just coming back from China a few weeks ago. (He's Chinese background)

He had just moved to sit opposite where I sit xD

Was rarely in the office anyway. 

I wonder how many folk around the UK are doing similar. 

• Lol 1

Guest Account
6 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Yup our democracies have completely failed for the man on the street now. It's a busted flush. We need a benevolent dictator to cut away the dross. Sadly I reckon we'll be a banana republic by the time that happens.

I'd argue that we had a benevolent dictator in the shape of the EU - for not far off 4 decades. The UK voted 'nope'.

Bus Stop Boxer

I would have thought the main benefit of this thread is for those riding out a fever if it comes.

Can it be shown anywhere that staying clear of anti inflammatory over the counter meds do more harm than good etc.

Do we let the fever run or try to fight it?

I spent 25 minutes on the phone to 111 about 3 weeks ago because some dipshit at a dental practice told me that was the best way of finding an NHS dentist that took new patients. I put the phone down on them when i realised we were both wasting each others time. They then phoned me back 3 times before i picked up, and angrily told them to get on with something more fucking important.

So if theyre taking calls of that nature, 3 weeks ago, about a fucking nhs dentist, how long are you going to have to wait now?

This thread is a good idea as offical channels are going to get overwhlemed.

I ordered my dads meds this am and as has been mentioned there is a cut and paste disclaimer on the GP website,  to the effect of, dont come near here if youre coughing and youve been to Asia.

The fact that a GP has just walked it through her whole practice in Brighton does not really surprise me.

Keen amateurs.

29 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

It might claim a few million shandy-drinkers and other undesirables - but it will not make it to the North.

Here's a graphic explaining why...

84707911_2727844227306181_2328546545642766336_n.jpg.d2dc2c0f2969d46716c4b15300c67071.jpg

XYY

GET OFFF MOI FIELDS...

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1