DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The cheerful thread - what GOOD things will come out of the 2020 pandemic

wherebee

Short term pain for NHS but probably positive eventual outcome due to fewer old people requiring long term care

Emptier roads, trains

House price - agreed, absutely

More opportunities offered to work from home, as I can see commuting being really risky

• Agree 2

Captain Cavey

1). People getting universally bollocked for not covering their mouths when coughing in public;

2). Something new to talk about at the barbers other than weather and football;

3). Being able to Irish-up my coffee using the ubiquitous hand sanitizer dispensers that have appeared all over the office.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 2

unregistered_guest
3 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

3). Being able to Irish-up my coffee using the ubiquitous hand sanitizer dispensers that have appeared all over the office

You use Poitín as hand sanitiser?

• Lol 1

M S E Refugee
17 minutes ago, 201p said:

- End of wet markets, or much more regulation 

- End of the hunting of rare near extinct animals such as pangolins for questionable medicines/health benefits

- More people will have more meaningful relationships as people realise life is fragile.

I'll add more as I think of them.

This is the second outbreak in 20 years due to their cruel and filthy backward culture.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

swiss_democracy_for_all

If serious numbers of people die and the economy is seriously disrupted as is beginning to seem likely, property prices will drop. Not much though IMO, as central banks will get out the printing presses again. 

• Agree 1

Well I bought my dream retro mountain bike right at the beginning of this outbreak (come back TMT!) - If I catch it and die, I know I have achieved what I wanted in life!

I don't need to wait to come out to the other side of this outbreak.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

If serious numbers of people die and the economy is seriously disrupted as is beginning to seem likely, property prices will drop. Not much though IMO, as central banks will get out the printing presses again. 

The cull in population will also show us if the inflation of House prices is due to the population or the money printing. My moneys on the money printing. Ie no fall in prices even as population tanks, but money printing increases. 

M S E Refugee

The end of Wokeness.

The pious and virtuous opinions of these people has spread this disease beyond where it should have got to, because you are not allowed to offend any Nation or Culture.

I'm sure Churchill would have stopped flights to and from China a couple of weeks ago.

• Agree 10

Less Han Chinese.

CCP great plan blowing up in it face

Fuckwit outsourfing to CHina getting plan blown up in their face.

Serious discussion if have eveyrone going everywhere is a good thing.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

The next iPhone will be delayed, forcing punters to buy a Chinese one instead.

IPhones are Chinese, so buying a Chinese knock off of a Chinese phone... We gave gone full circle. 

chance to cut down on dissidents and pooh bear supporters

correct the male/female imbalance 

people with aspergers will be more comfortable because masks will prevent small talk

Just now, spunko said:

IPhones are Chinese, so buying a Chinese knock off of a Chinese phone... We gave gone full circle. 

I see one is awake at the back already! My point exactly.

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Is picking a share for a company that does really well out of it, the worse it gets, bad etiquette for the thread?

Masks and quack remedies will be doing well. Drug companies will no doubt save the world.

23 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Is picking a share for a company that does really well out of it, the worse it gets, bad etiquette for the thread?

could trigger someone, is there a way to warn that a post may be unsuitable ?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

anything goes at dosbods.  however, mocking someone for a loss is frowned upon, be that a loved one, a pet, or a race

• Agree 3