DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Coronavirus Economic Impact Thread

No One

2 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

talking with a dentist today,covid has absolutely blown him over.new costs to reopen and you have to have reduced footfall as well......caught betweena rock and a hard place

No sympathy. In my childhood, my one filled every tooth chasing the money. All my school mates were the same. Bunch of money grabbing sharks. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/08/2020 at 14:30, Chewing Grass said:

Just been chatting to one of the local big engineering agency/recruitment firms, she was just doing the (not much to do) ring around to validate their CV stock.

Got her chatting for a good five minutes and steered the conversation around to how busy they are.

Down from 70 staff to 17 with 18 on furlough and the balance made redundant.

Hard to rally tell how busy things are off her, but she said there was a steady flow of vacancies, however that could be a steady trickle with a high competition rate so hard for them to successfully fill for cash.

I've been seeing several recruiters i know loose their jobs. Shit, I've even seen LinkedIn fired 10% of their staff.

On 24/09/2020 at 05:17, One percent said:

No sympathy. In my childhood, my one filled every tooth chasing the money. All my school mates were the same. Bunch of money grabbing sharks. 

Seconded, poor thing might have to trade the Aston in for an Evoque

Balding Badger

Getting money out of dentists is like pulling teeth, funnily enough. We have one who we told we wouldn't deal with them any more unless they paid us by direct debit as they gave us so much hassle chasing them for payment.

All in all, a profession with fewer professional and business ethics than desirable, I feel.

Archived