• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Heffalump

Bit worried about the French understanding what they have signed

Don't have a fakebook account, but this is public for those of us who don't:

Ten years on from the Lancaster House Agreement

It could be argued that you are a Waste of Space - your official Fakebook account doesn't know the name of the agreement you're quoting.

For future quotations, the twatters on your account should have referenced: the Lancaster House Treaties.

If Marcon doesn't know what threaty was signed, what's the point of him?

He's confused.  He speaks as though he's a spokesman for Europe, but he isn't -- he's just president of France.  He has little power over how Europe will decide our future relationship -- or perhaps he does have power, which then makes me wonder about the true democratic nature of the EU.

I for one very much liked our trading relationship with Europe -- but I was less keen on the migration of power to a centralised bureaucracy that didn't seem to have any actual oversight from the member states.  I could have overlooked this if we had met a new status-quo, where we could have spent time in honing our relationships and their powers to a middle ground.  However, the statements from the EU mandarins, just as the statement above from Macron, spoke of an ever increasingly federalised Europe -- the momentum in Brussels towards this is immense, and there seemed to be no negotiation that could even slow it down.  

So, the UK has left.  What now?  To me it is clear that Brussels will now engage in an economic war with the UK, not so much to punish us (although that is an aim), but to discourage any other members who wish to leave.  Will the UK survive this -- probably, although it might be painful for some.  But that pain won't be one-sided -- it is clear that the EU will also feel pain from the removal of the UK from its club. So, who will 'win'?  Well, who knows... But IMO there is a deep difference now between the UK and the EU -- the UK wants to survive and succeed, the EU wants to punish the transgressors.  IMO that positive mindset will win over negativity.  Sure, the EU will work it out in the end, but that 'end' is a long way off.

I'd agree,

but how on earth can Macron (or the PR flunkies of Macron) 

confuse the  "Lancaster House Agreement"

on their OFFICIAL FAKEBOOK account

with the very different 

"Lancaster House Treaties"

within their super important Brexit announcement?

Only 2 years left of  Micron.

Way these normally goes is tge soon to be ex prez spends the last 12 montgs watching everything fall apart n peopke jump ship.

So, this is Microns last 12 months to do anything.

Hes a lot like that other useless cunt, Brown.

Everyone tells him hes smart, despite living a sheltered life.

Gets into power changes this that everything. World peace, bridge to the moon.

Real cretin stuff.

Any competent Pol knows that they can only realistically achieve and manage a small number of changes.

Any Pol who cones with changes week in werk out, esp. changes that contradict previous changes needs shooting.

Edited by spygirl

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Only 2 years left of  Micron.

Way these normally goes is tge soon to be ex Orez spends tge last 12 montgs watching everything fall apart n peopke jump ship.

So, this is Microns last 12 montgs to do anything.

Hes a lot like that other useless cunt, Brown.

Everyone tells him hes smart, despite living a sheltered life.

Gets into power changes this that everything. World peace, bridge to the moon.

Real cretin stuff.

Any competent Pol knows that they can only realistically achieve and manage a small number of changes.

Any Pol who cones with changes week in werk out, esp. changes that contradict previous changes needs shooting.

And if he doesnt get re-elected, it will be meet the new president, same as the old president. 

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Hes a lot like that other useless cunt, Brown

I'd totally agree with you on that - although it's totally damming the useless POS to hell. 

[which would be an upgrade]

Nevertheless, his post is encouraging, why exactly did he do it?

Panic? without the UK financial contribution the EU will struggle.

We do not want to be France's 'special great friends' we see them as trade rivals.

The realisation is slowly dawning on the EU that the UK does not necessarily want a trade deal with them.

His post shows the horrible Parent/Child relationship that European elites think that they have with the people, ever having to look after and protect them.

We are adults now, two fingers to those patronising gits.

Theres just bern a leak 9f an ex JPM head honco, oirish i think.

Former Morgan Stanley president slams Europe’s capital markets

Colm Kelleher says infrastructure is ‘not fit for purpose’ and Brexit will make situation worse

https://www.ft.com/content/fff3fa58-4e65-11ea-95a0-43d18ec715f5

“European capital markets are still not fit for purpose,” Mr Kelleher said in a pre-dinner speech. “They are neither large nor deep enough to support economic growth or to buffer it in hard times. Brexit amplifies the challenge.

“The City of London is the world class portal through which global capital enters and exits the EU. No other EU country has had to think about the requisite legal and physical infrastructure. Now that portal is closing.”

The EU has spent more than five years working on its capital markets union plans. The goal is to make it easier for businesses to raise money on public markets across the EU and reduce their reliance on bank funding.

ECB n ZIRP is destroying Europeans banks. No banks, no capital markets then Eu development is fucked.

A lot of comments keep mentioning the same

The thing that the EU will kiss most is English Law. They simply have no replacement for it. Global investors simply do not want to take their chances in French or German courts. 
thumb_upRecommend10replyReply
shareShare
A dialog showing a permalink to the comment
flagReport
A dialog for reporting comments
JoeSixpack
A popover with more user information
2 HOURS AGO

reply In reply to Vic Mackey
That is so true. I am a London-based banker but have to confess that a very large proportion of London's value add as a financial centre is English law (bankers being less important than we think)

Its not just the jurisprudence, its the fact that uk have large dedicated commercial  legal system thats relatively efficient and globally fair n free from political meddling.

Mainland europe legal systems are chronically political and decisions can take years. And i font know anyone whod like to take a french vompany on in the french legal system....

Some commentators are saying Ireland is based in english commin law.

Except oirland is a bent, matesrate good ole boys system mainly used to dealing with stolen sheep.

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

My money is on Le Pen if she`s still around :ph34r: i don`t think she will be the same as the old one 

One would like to think so but they will manipulate until the globalist shill is replaced with another globalist shill 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

One would like to think so but they will manipulate until the globalist shill is replaced with another globalist shill 

Possible but the electorate was at odds last time around hence Macron who was a nobody politically until he was thrust into the lime light 

This time around the electorate will be far more focused after reaping what Macron has sewn ,will Le Pen placate the masses if elected is anyones guess ,but one thing is certain shes gaining a hell of a lot of traction already ,and there don`t seem to be any opposition in sight other than Macron

I am coming to London in June to award the city the Légion d’Honneur, in tribute to the immense courage of a whole country and people

Awarding it to Khan and Lammy presumably.

38 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Theres just bern a leak 9f an ex JPM head honco, oirish i think.

Former Morgan Stanley president slams Europe’s capital markets

Colm Kelleher says infrastructure is ‘not fit for purpose’ and Brexit will make situation worse

https://www.ft.com/content/fff3fa58-4e65-11ea-95a0-43d18ec715f5

“European capital markets are still not fit for purpose,” Mr Kelleher said in a pre-dinner speech. “They are neither large nor deep enough to support economic growth or to buffer it in hard times. Brexit amplifies the challenge.

“The City of London is the world class portal through which global capital enters and exits the EU. No other EU country has had to think about the requisite legal and physical infrastructure. Now that portal is closing.”

The EU has spent more than five years working on its capital markets union plans. The goal is to make it easier for businesses to raise money on public markets across the EU and reduce their reliance on bank funding.

ECB n ZIRP is destroying Europeans banks. No banks, no capital markets then Eu development is fucked.

A lot of comments keep mentioning the same

The thing that the EU will kiss most is English Law. They simply have no replacement for it. Global investors simply do not want to take their chances in French or German courts. 
thumb_upRecommend10replyReply
shareShare
A dialog showing a permalink to the comment
flagReport
A dialog for reporting comments
JoeSixpack
A popover with more user information
2 HOURS AGO

reply In reply to Vic Mackey
That is so true. I am a London-based banker but have to confess that a very large proportion of London's value add as a financial centre is English law (bankers being less important than we think)

Its not just the jurisprudence, its the fact that uk have large dedicated commercial  legal system thats relatively efficient and globally fair n free from political meddling.

Mainland europe legal systems are chronically political and decisions can take years. And i font know anyone whod like to take a french vompany on in the french legal system....

Some commentators are saying Ireland is based in english commin law.

Except oirland is a bent, matesrate good ole boys system mainly used to dealing with stolen sheep.

The Paris commercial court and appeal court will accept pleadings in English under English contract law now. They have 10 English speaking judges in the commercial court and 3 in the appeals court. The idea is to make France more open to non French companies.

17 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

The Paris commercial court and appeal court will accept pleadings in English under English contract law now. They have 10 English speaking judges in the commercial court and 3 in the appeals court. The idea is to make France more open to non French companies.

But would you, a company do it?

For all the Look at us! We do English law! You have this

https://www.forbes.com/2005/07/25/danone-pepsi-takeover-cz_do_0725danone.html#6203cc16114f

Trustme. All business people will look at the Danone case rather tgan any promise.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

But would you, a company do it?

For all the Look at us! We do English law! You have this

https://www.forbes.com/2005/07/25/danone-pepsi-takeover-cz_do_0725danone.html#6203cc16114f

Trustme. All business people will look at the Danone case rather tgan any promise.

Wasn’t danone the name of the peckham spring debacle?  

5 minutes ago, Ponty Mython said:

What the fuck is this thread about?

The french sucking up to us because they want to trade with us, but they are in the EU so cant do it but will do it , but a piece of paper was signed and that means they have to do this but they want to do that but because its written in law they have to do that , buf if they do this it means they can do that

I hope i have made myself clear

1 minute ago, ninjaborrower said:

The french sucking up to us because they want to trade with us, but they are in the EU so cant do it but will do it , but a piece of paper was signed and that means they have to do this but they want to do that but because its written in law they have to do that , buf if they do this it means they can do that

I hope i have made myself clear

Santé!

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

My money is on Le Pen if she`s still around :ph34r: i don`t think she will be the same as the old one 

The only way the National Rally people can win is if they find someone capable of rallying and inspiring them, Le Pen isn't good enough and would have to give way. Her performance in the debate against Macaroon in the last election was a demonstration of how the combination of her tainted name and lack of ability means she can never win. He'll be delighted if she is his opponent again.

2 hours ago, Heffalump said:

Don't have a fakebook account, but this is public for those of us who don't:

It could be argued that you are a Waste of Space - your official Fakebook account doesn't know the name of the agreement you're quoting.

For future quotations, the twatters on your account should have referenced: the Lancaster House Treaties.

If Marcon doesn't know what threaty was signed, what's the point of him?

Lancaster House agreement was UK / French defence agreements also signed in 2010 it enabled further monopolies like MBDA