• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Rises in life expectancy 'levelling off'

BBC going to town on this study by an 'expert'.

Its total wank.

'Austerity may be starting to affect life expectancy in England, according to a leading health expert.'

One, there has been no austerity yet esp. for OAPS and the NHS  FFS.

Even if there was, it would take ~10-20 years to show up.

'He said it was hard to draw firm conclusions about the cause.

But he said it was "entirely possible" austerity had played a role.'

Yeessss....

'He said other countries, such as Hong Kong, had longer life expectancy than England and had continued to see consistent rises.'

Its diet and exercise you stupid fucking cunt.

Public health has had a big boost by getting smoking levels down - the biggest reductions was down to Chinese efags rather tahn some fat smoking nurse.

Where public health has failed is getting people to eat less shit and move more.

Id counter his 'spend more' argument that the only hope of increased lifespans is to cut public spending hard - starve the lazy fat fucks.

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

BBC going to town on this study by an 'expert'.

Its total wank.

'Austerity may be starting to affect life expectancy in England, according to a leading health expert.'

One, there has been no austerity yet esp. for OAPS and the NHS  FFS.

Even if there was, it would take ~10-20 years to show up.

'He said it was hard to draw firm conclusions about the cause.

But he said it was "entirely possible" austerity had played a role.'

Yeessss....

'He said other countries, such as Hong Kong, had longer life expectancy than England and had continued to see consistent rises.'

Its diet and exercise you stupid fucking cunt.

Public health has had a big boost by getting smoking levels down - the biggest reductions was down to Chinese efags rather tahn some fat smoking nurse.

Where public health has failed is getting people to eat less shit and move more.

Id counter his 'spend more' argument that the only hope of increased lifespans is to cut public spending hard - starve the lazy fat fucks.

Does this mean they are going to reduce the retirement age?  No?  Why not?  

Oh, they have lied to us all again just to push their own fecking agenda. The hard of thinking fall for it again. 

I think we will see a double whammy in the coming years with pensions pushed later and later yet life expectancy dropping due to rising levels of obesity. Looks like the boomers have had far better lives than the generations before and after them.

4 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

I think we will see a double whammy in the coming years with pensions pushed later and later yet life expectancy dropping due to rising levels of obesity. Looks like the boomers have had far better lives than the generations before and after them.

The ptb want you to drop in harness. Keep working you proles. The boomers have been lucky enough to benefit from the after effects of the war, where the state had to offer a better lot to those War hardened men returning, without actually having to fight in it.  Perfectly placed. 

It was not their fault.  What can be laid at their feet was that they allowed the state to take those benefits away without a fight.  And before spy comes along Tom say we can't afford it, there has been a massive redistribution from the ordinary person to the rich.  We could afford it but have allowed the rich and powerful to make out like bandits without any challenge. 

9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

The thought of getting old on a tiny/modest pension in an overcrowded country full of self obsessed ass-holes and third world religion obsessed scum is depressing enough to shorten anyones life.

Funny. But depressing at the same time. 

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

The ptb want you to drop in harness. Keep working you proles. The boomers have been lucky enough to benefit from the after effects of the war, where the state had to offer a better lot to those War hardened men returning, without actually having to fight in it.  Perfectly placed. 

It was not their fault.  What can be laid at their feet was that they allowed the state to take those benefits away without a fight.  And before spy comes along Tom say we can't afford it, there has been a massive redistribution from the ordinary person to the rich.  We could afford it but have allowed the rich and powerful to make out like bandits without any challenge. 

Im all for a much higher, level pension payout to UK pensioners - say £500/month per pensioner.

Providing:

1) Youve paid NI for 35 years. Have an extra 100/m for every 10 years more youve worked.

2) We cut working age benefits. Or at least limit them to UK nationals and people who work 40h.

On the wehther we can afford it or not.

UK is in the sunny up lands at the mo. Going forward UK debt is going to gut the tax take.

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

They do indeed want you to drop in harness and the shackles are bound with debt: student debt, mortgage debt, car debt, credit card debt.

Live in debt your whole adult life and you will always have to keep working or risk losing all you have; then when the all-knowing State finally relents at somewhere north of 70 it will allow you to subsist on a state pension.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Im all for a much higher, level pension payout to UK pensioners - say £500/month per pensioner.

Providing:

1) Youve paid NI for 35 years. Have an extra 100/m for every 10 years more youve worked.

2) We cut working age benefits. Or at least limit them to UK nationals and people who work 40h.

On the wehther we can afford it or not.

UK is in the sunny up lands at the mo. Going forward UK debt is going to gut the tax take.

I'm sure last time I checked the basic state pension for me was going to be £155 a week

I was always puzzled when Time Team called in osteoarchaeology  and the dead person was aged about 80.

Unless a sudden premature death, humans have always had a similar life-span. 

Eating shit food and becoming over-weight is a life choice that reduces life-expectancy.

31 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

I was always puzzled when Time Team called in osteoarchaeology  and the dead person was aged about 80.

Eating shit food and becoming over-weight is a life choice that reduces life-expectancy.

Funny stats.

Before the the industrial revolution, most of the lower life expectancy was due to infants dying. If you lived beyond 5 then you were going to live til 60ish - bar stuff that would need antibiotic treatment or surgery - appendix and the life.

After 1800 life expectancy plummeted, mainly down to too many people living in cities with poor water supply and sewerage.

I think the late 1800s life expectancy was below ~55.

Go back to the Middles Ages and it was mid 40s.

34 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

And Id guess theyd be digging up rich people.

The poor peoples bodies would have put in am ss graves or tossed in the gutter.

38 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Graveyard at the back of my house has a headstone of someone who died in 1820 aged 107.

24 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Graveyard at the back of my house has a headstone of someone who died in 1820 aged 107.

Was he killed by the evil Cons NHS austerity and cuts to social care?

I've never really understood the obsession that the state seems to have with longevity. There's never enough to pay all these pensioners (regardless of whether they've paid into the system all their working lives) and yet they want us all to live forever. Personally, I look at my Grandparents, both late 80's, both riddled with dementia and wonder what's the point of living that long to have no quality of life? OK, I know not everyone that age is unwell but I'd rather not take the chance thank you.

Please note: I'm not implying Logan's Run here. I'm just saying I don't get why we're expected to live forever.

Edited by TheNoSnowMan

32 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

I've never really understood the obsession that the state seems to have with longevity. There's never enough to pay all these pensioners (regardless of whether they've paid into the system all their working lives) and yet they want us all to live forever. Personally, I look at my Grandparents, both late 80's, both riddled with dementia and wonder what's the point of living that long to have no quality of life? OK, I know not everyone that age is unwell but I'd rather not take the chance thank you.

Please note: I'm not implying Logan's Run here. I'm just saying I don't get why we're expected to live forever.

That's just the propaganda put about by the state.  Look at the evidence:

• there is enough money to throw shed loads at the feckless if they have kids
  • there is enough to subsidise 16 hour a week contracts
  • there is enough to give gimmigrants a reasonable standard of living
  • there is enough to house gimmigrants and illegals in the most expensive borough in the UK (see Grenfell)
  • there is enough to give a massive amount in overseas aid (12 billion a year)
  • there is enough for stupid vanity projects such as the HS2 just announced (55 billion is the guesstimate) that no one other than the big construction firms seem to want

Now, tell me we cant afford to give a little bit of money to those who have contributed all their lives both monetary and in making this country what it is.

Its a fecking mess

3 hours ago, Fossildog said:

Go easy, they won the war you know! But for them, you'd be speaking German. 

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

That's just the propaganda put about by the state.  Look at the evidence:

• there is enough money to throw shed loads at the feckless if they have kids
  • there is enough to subsidise 16 hour a week contracts
  • there is enough to give gimmigrants a reasonable standard of living
  • there is enough to house gimmigrants and illegals in the most expensive borough in the UK (see Grenfell)
  • there is enough to give a massive amount in overseas aid (12 billion a year)
  • there is enough for stupid vanity projects such as the HS2 just announced (55 billion is the guesstimate) that no one other than the big construction firms seem to want

Now, tell me we cant afford to give a little bit of money to those who have contributed all their lives both monetary and in making this country what it is.

Its a fecking mess

I agree. What I'm implying is the two conflicting messages put out by the state: We cannot afford to pay your pensions but we also don't want you to die off.

Very strange.

Edited by TheNoSnowMan

Exactly. Old age pensions are trivial amounts, something like £8k a year.

How long does that pay for someone being in prison, care home, hospital etc?

Couple of weeks maybe.

And you have to have worked in this country for thirty five years to get the full pension in the first place.

It should be brought back to 65 now.  People can keep working if they want but IMHO at 65 you shouldn't have to.

It should be the first thing for which the government finds the money. 

1 minute ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

I agree. What I'm implying is the two conflicting messages put out by the state: We cannot afford to pay your pensions but we also don't want you to die off.

Ah, get you.  My cynicism suggests that in terms of the second point, the NHS and big pharma are using this narrative as a brilliant way to make lots of money. Government and the medical profession are being bribed to go along with it.

I think it was spy that said something along the lines of the NHS is brilliant for inhibiting infection (antibiotics), childbirth which has got a lot safer and acute care in case of an accident or a sudden operation such as an appendix.  anything else they seem to be pretty poor at.  Take for example statin use.  

4 minutes ago, eight said:

Go easy, they won the war you know! But for them, you'd be speaking German. 

As wll as hearing the 'Ive worked all my life' routine from someone who only managed 15 years doing nothing at the council. Ive now had to suffer a 'fought in the war' routine from people born in the 50s. Which war I ask? - Falklands or Iraq? The people saying it were not i nthe army, but they know other 70 yo who fought in WW2. Apparently.

Just now, spygirl said:

As wll as hearing the 'Ive worked all my life' routine from someone who only managed 15 years doing nothing at the council. Ive now had to suffer a 'fought in the war' routine from people born in the 50s. Which war I ask? - Falklands or Iraq? The people saying it were not i nthe army, but they know other 70 yo who fought in WW2. Apparently.

I suppose there was national service, my FIL saw active service in Cyprus. He shot a donkey.