• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

Rikki Neave

Recommended Posts

Just now, NewryH said:

The name rang a bell, but I didn't remember any of the details.

Interesting that the mother went on trial for his murder and was a convicted of child cruelty.

As I recall, Rikki was more or less fending for himself by age 6 - as in getting himself up, fed, dressed and to school and the like. I have some vague recollection that no-one noticed he was missing until much later in the day too. Fucking tragic really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

As I recall, Rikki was more or less fending for himself by age 6 - as in getting himself up, fed, dressed and to school and the like. I have some vague recollection that no-one noticed he was missing until much later in the day too. Fucking tragic really.

Just googled it now. Awful case. The poor lad went through so much.

Mum all indignant now in the Sun. She was horrendous to him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/the-boy-who-was-left-out-in-the-cold-1282408.html%3famp

Edited by NewryH
Link added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bloke charged - and not found guilty yet - is now an adult. 

But the crime he is charged with was for when he was a child and if charged at the time would not be named. 

Should this adult today be named for being simply charged with this ? I'm not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ccc said:

The bloke charged - and not found guilty yet - is now an adult. 

But the crime he is charged with was for when he was a child and if charged at the time would not be named. 

Should this adult today be named for being simply charged with this ? I'm not sure. 

Legally he clearly can be named - pretty sure the media will have checked that one - where he should be named depends on all sorts of stuff I suppose. A bit more googling says he did a runner to Portugal a few years back when the cops first came looking for him so, on the basis of needing to put his name out there to find him, I guess it’s reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheBlueCat said:

Legally he clearly can be named - pretty sure the media will have checked that one - where he should be named depends on all sorts of stuff I suppose. A bit more googling says he did a runner to Portugal a few years back when the cops first came looking for him so, on the basis of needing to put his name out there to find him, I guess it’s reasonable.

I was just thinking generally in these cases. If he is found not guilty I would think it's incredibly unfair. 

It's not his fault the police took so long to find the wrong person to try and convict for it. And he would have been just a child himself at the time. 

Yet now his name is forever associated with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ccc said:

I was just thinking generally in these cases. If he is found not guilty I would think it's incredibly unfair. 

It's not his fault the police took so long to find the wrong person to try and convict for it. And he would have been just a child himself at the time. 

Yet now his name is forever associated with it. 

I’d say that, if he hadn’t done a runner, then you’d be right that he shouldn’t be named. Since he did, he as an adult brought it on himself. Either way, sounds like the guy is a homeless bum of some type so I doubt it’ll make a ton of difference to his lifestyle either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Surely he cannot be tried as an adult for a crime committed as a child?

No, the law is quite clear here, he'll be tried under the laws that applied at the time of the offence and as a juvenile. The Stephen Lawrence case was a good example they were 16 at the time but were late 30s when in court (again) iirc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without intentionally crossing threads, but this seems to how so much goes in the uk, this poor lads murder was 25 years ago, when peterborough was mainky british.

Since then a large number of mipuris have moved. And a *lot* of EE exp. Polish -

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/23/peterborough-byelection-bellwether-seat

“I think there are too many migrants in Peterborough, there are too many of us,” claims Katarzyna Borzecka, who moved to the city 11 years ago. “In Poland, Peterborough is famous – they call it Polishborough.”

Borzecka, 33, works as an office administrator for an accountancy firm just off Lincoln Road, the city’s most notorious thoroughfare. Here, a one-mile stretch of small businesses shows up the recent history of Peterborough’s rapid growth: Italian, Pakistani, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish, Lithuanian, Albanian, Kosovan, Afro-Caribbean, Afghan, Chinese and Indian takeaways and food stores, barbers and cafes, slot in one after the other.

Debate about how the city has coped with an extraordinary population surge (from 157,000 to 200,000 since 2001) has local people divided. But how Peterborough votes has become a political bellwether for Westminster. It has historically been a marginal seat: in the EU referendum, Peterborough voted Leave by 61%. The following year, in the 2017 general election, hardline Tory Brexiter Stewart Jackson lost his seat of 12 years by only 607 votes to Labour newcomer Fiona Onasanya.

So...., in just under 20years, the population has increased 30%. If social workers were struggling 25 years ago , how in fuck are they coping today?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.