DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Tenant claiming £10k damages against landlord

Democorruptcy

I went through a similar fight with my landlord, as described on ToS. He couldn't replace a mouldy kitchen worktop for 2 years and couldn't be arsed with protecting my deposit, but sure enough found time an money to get two separate soliciting companies behind him. 

After initial bullying and legal posturing, he settled very quickly once he'd realised I knew my rights and was about to take him to court for 16k in damages. As a bonus, his shitty legal representation must have costed him quadruple digits as well. 

Bullies is what they are and that's how they should be dealt with. Stand up to them and they shrink like a flaccid knob. 

4 hours ago, kibuc said:

I went through a similar fight with my landlord, as described on ToS. He couldn't replace a mouldy kitchen worktop for 2 years and couldn't be arsed with protecting my deposit, but sure enough found time an money to get two separate soliciting companies behind him. 

After initial bullying and legal posturing, he settled very quickly once he'd realised I knew my rights and was about to take him to court for 16k in damages. As a bonus, his shitty legal representation must have costed him quadruple digits as well. 

Bullies is what they are and that's how they should be dealt with. Stand up to them and they shrink like a flaccid knob. 

We've had one bad experience with a Landlord who bascially had a boiler in the kitchen that was lethal and also really inefficient.Ironically she was a lecturuer on Environment issues at Leicester Uni.You couldn't make it up.

She and the agent tried the normal pat offs but like you say as soon as you say you'll be taking action they move.She paid £2000 to have it done over one weekend.Moron.People could have died and all she was worried about was making a profit.Scarred with reference to Greenies to be honest.

On 19/02/2020 at 14:47, Democorruptcy said:

I had a look at 118 to see if they were crying about the new migration rules but stumbled across one that made me laugh:

https://www.property118.com/tenant-claiming-10k-damages/

Some of the comments wouldn't make me want to become a landlord!

"...a deposit wasn't paid"...reminds me of "My Lord, although it looks like a fork and does the job of one, it isn't, its a shovel!"

Archived