• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Carl Fimble

Circumcision

Christopher Hitchens here doing a great job explaining very simply his disgust of Jewish circumcision (male child genital mutilation), and Muslim FGM (female child genital mutilation) :

7min 59sec long video.

Title "Christopher Hitchens goes after Rabbi Harold Kushner re : circumcision"

I haven't checked, but wondered if that rabbi was any relation to the Kushner Trump has beside him. 

2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Not watched but fully agree - why female mutilation is bad but male mutilation is perfectly fine... Totally beyond me I'm afraid.

More hygienic for men to get rid and doesn’t really make much difference in the bedroom.

9 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

More hygienic for men to get rid and doesn’t really make much difference in the bedroom.

Difficult to say without the difficult job of making direct comparisons.

But I've heard of a fair few adult circumcisions who claim it was a negative in their sex life.

5 minutes ago, dgul said:

Difficult to say without the difficult job of making direct comparisons.

But I've heard of a fair few adult circumcisions who claim it was a negative in their sex life.

It was always claimed it was hygienic, but I think most houses have a bath/shower nowadays.

22 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

If that's the case then there must be evidence in countries where it's not the norm (so everywhere outside of ME and USA) in the form of large numbers of boys/men suffering problems caused by lack of hygiene.

Hmmmm.

We can probably cut down on athlete's foot too if we amputate all baby's toes at birth.

Oy vey!

Edited by Boglet

Less likely to contract some cancer? Fallacy and/or correlation does not equal causation...?

I was done as a nipper so I've no idea what I'm missing here. Doesn't bother me or partners in the sack.

22 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I don't see why that justifies carrying out an unnecessary surgical procedure upon somebody who is far too young to understand it and give consent.

It's not saying that someone who has it done is somehow a freak rather that adults should not be cutting bits off their children.

I had to have a partial one at 19. It is much more hygienic without, and it didn’t make any noticeable difference once the sensitivity wears off. Very painful to have an operation like that at 19 - if only my parents were Jewish!

13 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It was always claimed it was hygienic, but I think most houses have a bath/shower nowadays.

You still spend an entire summers day fermenting knob cheese.

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

adults should not be cutting bits off their children.

This.

It's stunning to me that most of the world has no problem with it. Especially the types who have problems with everything.

I'd say just let them have it done, but leave open the potential to sue the parents and clergy for unwanted chopping if they decide later in life that it has damaged them.

My Dad had to get it done in his 50's because of diabetes and it was extremely unpleasent for him.

But at least he was a 50-something who could consent to it.

Edited by JoeDavola

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

My Dad had to get it done in his 50's because of diabetes and it was extremely unpleasent for him.

But at least he was a 50-something who could consent to it.

It was unpleasant for me - if only it had been done for me as a baby.

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'd say just let them have it done, but leave open the potential to sue the parents and clergy for unwanted chopping if they decide later in life that it has damaged them.

That’s just it, who has it damaged? Hardly a movement of whining adults shouting about how it’s ruined their life.

3 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Not watched but fully agree - why female mutilation is bad but male mutilation is perfectly fine... Totally beyond me I'm afraid.

The difference being that female circumcision is often more akin to castration with the clitoris being sliced off. This makes sex very painful for circumcised women. Whereas male circumcision, whilst still being a mutilation, doesn't lead to a lifetime of pain.

Imagine either having your foreskin cut off or having your entire bell end chopped off leaving you with only a stub. The difference is immeasurable. 

Edited by billfunk

Just now, billfunk said:

The difference being that female circumcision is often more akin to castration with the clitoris being sliced off. This makes sex very painful for circumcised women. Whereas male circumcision, whilst still being a mutilation, doesn't lead to a lifetime of pain.

Exactly, both procedures are completely different. The foreskin is hardly an essential piece of kit, apart from knob cheese fermentation. The ladies love a bit of knob cheese. 🤢

Just now, OurDayWillCome said:

Exactly, both procedures are completely different. The foreskin is hardly an essential piece of kit, apart from knob cheese fermentation. The ladies love a bit of knob cheese. 🤢

Actually I think they prefer you had used the bath/shower, now common in most dwellings.

10 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

It was unpleasant for me - if only it had been done for me as a baby.

That’s just it, who has it damaged? Hardly a movement of whining adults shouting about how it’s ruined their life.

Exactly.  Just make people buy insurance for it and let the few that suffer have some recompense.

30 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Turophobe!